• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

D & D better not pull some bullshit of Euro hunting down those boats and sinking it. 2 episodeds remaining and I'm just about done with Eron getting more involved in the story.

Is Sam even aware for Raggers existence? I don't remember a point in time where he really cared about who Jons true father was.

Also if Jon gets to pick who his kings guards are it would probably the top 4 dudes who went with him beyond the wall.

Jorah, Hound, Thormund and Gendry..
jesus that's a GOAT team 🐐 desrving of banderas right there.
banderas.png

People are getting on Sam to much for not picking up on what Gilly said, but he really had no reason to care about it. Its a part of a puzzle he isnt even trying to solve. If he is going to Winterfell as most assume it will be a important peice of information, but right now it means nothing to him because he is just trying to learn how to stop the long night.

People are getting on Sam to much for not picking up on what Gilly said, but he really had no reason to care about it. Its a part of a puzzle he isnt even trying to solve. If he is going to Winterfell as most assume it will be a important peice of information, but right now it means nothing to him because he is just trying to learn how to stop the long night.
It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he just wasn't listening fully because he was pissed off. Why would anyone blame him for that

Rhaegar's annulment was more for the viewers who know about him and Lyanna.
It's proper random for it to be Gilly who reveals the information, especially how it was brushed off.

Rhaegar's annulment was more for the viewers who know about him and Lyanna.
It's proper random for it to be Gilly who reveals the information, especially how it was brushed off.

Yea, clearly it's a setup for the "OH SHIT" moment when Jon is revealed and no one believes him. Then Sam says:

Sam: " It's True, he is a Targaryan. Not a bastard either. His parents were married. "

Dany (and everyone else) "How do you know this information?"

Sam: "I <everyone finishes the sentence> read it in a book"

Nameless

I made a post why 7 episodes this year is going to be the main problem this year, but yeah I fully agree.

I don't want to believe D&D for some reason couldn't find enough to write about (that's ridiculous) and neither do I want to believe that HBO wouldn't pay for three more episodes this year, especially as they keep breaking viewing records.

5 & 6 were already jumping around quite a bit and could have done with a few more scenes, but this season is something else.

It sucks, but the budget is the budget and cutting the number of episodes allows them to 'shoot bigger' and incorporate the set pieces and effects the story calls for at this stage. Let's say their budget is $100 million. It's the difference between $10 million an episode and over $14 million an episode. Cutting another ep gives them nearly $17 million per to play with. It's how you get "Spoils of War" at the halfway point and feature dragons so prominently throughout. Bigger, more complex episodes also mean longer production times. Apparently it took as long to create these seven episodes as it normally takes to make ten.

The final season is setting up to be medieval Band of Brothers with zombies, dragons, and lord knows that else. Unless HBO agreed to spend upwards of $150-$200 million and gave them a year and a half plus to make it, I honestly don't know how they'd depict the Great War/Long Night in a satisfying way or with any sort of accuracy over 10 episodes. It would mean delaying the White Walkers even longer, or worse, having them arrive only to story tell around them for most the season.

I don't believe that. in a history book about Westeros, "prince Ragger", "annulment" - it would've clicked for Sam for sure.

As an interesting fact, but when your faced with being the only person who believes the dead are marching on the living, in the one place that might have some answers, you're not going to want to hear interesting facts unless it pertains to how to kill white walkers.

Yep. Sam was just lasered into something when gilly said it. I wasn't really surprised to learn that Ragger and Lyanna union was on paper and legal.. at that moment all i felt was its just nice to finally have a explicit validation on how the two got together.. no more theories. then once the credits rolled in I looked back at everything that happened and that's when I really realized the magnitude of that nugget of information to the true heir to the throne. it's the snowman who should be the one asking to bend the knee and notd Dany queen.

We don't know if the budget for each episode was spent equally and if you add up the hours and minutes for this season it is still shorter than the last season.

And it still doesn't explain why HBO didn't give the show a bigger budget. There are only 2 seasons to go (this and next) so as the ending chapters to the second most popular television show of the 21st century, I sincerely doubt it would've hurt HBO to have upgraded the budget from $100 to $150 million.

As an interesting fact, but when your faced with being the only person who believes the dead are marching on the living, in the one place that might have some answers, you're not going to want to hear interesting facts unless it pertains to how to kill white walkers.
but I think that's why he didn't listen, because he was just pissed off about the maesters he stopped listening to Gilly and wasn't thinking about anything else.

if he was listening to Gilly he could've been like, "oh you mean Rhaegar? He got divorced and married again? interesting fact..." of course r+l=j wouldn't have clicked for him but he would've at least been curious.

but right now since he's focused on the winter war he wasn't listening and didn't care about whatever the maester wrote in his book of bowels.

edit: sorry for double post

Yep. Sam was just lasered into something when gilly said it. I wasn't really surprised to learn that Ragger and Lyanna union was on paper and legal.. at that moment all i felt was its just nice to finally have a explicit validation on how the two got together.. no more theories. then once the credits rolled in I looked back at everything that happened and that's when I really realized the magnitude of that nugget of information to the true heir to the throne. it's the snowman who should be the one asking to bend the knee and notd Dany queen.

It also wasnt important at the time. If he is going to Winterfell he will meet Bran, in doing so I'm sure he will remember it. But then again he forgot about the mountain of dragon glass at dragon stone so who knows.

I want to ask a question but I don't want it to seem like I've read the leaks if the subject of my question happens to show up. So I'll spoiler tag it (this is pathetic lol)

Whatever happened to that demon Stannis baby? I forget what happened to it and if it's still around, what has it been up to and what could it possibly be saved for in the future?

I want to ask a question but I don't want it to seem like I've read the leaks if the subject of my question happens to show up. So I'll spoiler tag it (this is pathetic lol)

Whatever happened to that demon Stannis baby? I forget what happened to it and if it's still around, what has it been up to and what could it possibly be saved for in the future?

One time thing. She even said he didnt have the juice to make another.

I think it ceased to exist after fulfilling its purpose.

One time thing. She even said he didnt have the juice to make another.

I think it ceased to exist after fulfilling its purpose.
Ah ok. Man, it's sad trying to think of past plot points, loose threads and fan theories with these spoilers out there. Thanks folks.
You don't need to spoil that. Its a season 2 plot point.
I'm well aware, but my forgetting how that plot point ended had me wondering what may come of it if it were still open and didn't want to seem like I'm casually revealing spoilers if it came back, which clearly it won't since now I know how it ended thanks to the posters above.

Surfinn

Lol that Jorah fan art

And I still don't get the budget issue. How were they able to do ten episodes a season for.. Six consecutive years then suddenly fail to work out a budgeting solution for the last two seasons to retain that number?

Kit is a treasure
pyzEoDY.gif
Why walk when you can fly?

I'm having a hard time Google searching that Jorah = friendliest friend image set. I get a bunch of others, but can't find that specific one. Anyone have it saved?

Also, have you folks seen that Shrek scene and KitxDrogon scene comparison yet? Is that legit shot for shot the same or the creator edit them to make them seem shot for shot identical? Been a while since I've seen Shrek.

I admit Jaimie and Bronn being on the rose road and 5 mins later they're back in KL bothered me.
D&D mentioned that they're not bothering with time spent just over travellng, and instead using time jumps. For example, Jaime and Bronn being near Dorne and back in KL in the same episode, Jon Snow being in KL and in Eastwatch in the same episode. It makes sense. We have how many, 8 episodes remaining before the series is done? There's no point in doing Jaime and Bronn buddy roadtrip stuff.

Surfinn

D&D mentioned that they're not bothering with time spent just over travellng, and instead using time jumps. For example, Jaime and Bronn being near Dorne and back in KL in the same episode, Jon Snow being in KL and in Eastwatch in the same episode. It makes sense. We have how many, 8 episodes remaining before the series is done? There's no point in doing Jaime and Bronn buddy roadtrip stuff.
Yup this is where I'm at. I've always assumed we're seeing a small time jump. Doesn't bother me

Lol that Jorah fan art

And I still don't get the budget issue. How were they able to do ten episodes a season for.. Six consecutive years then suddenly fail to work out a budgeting solution for the last two seasons to retain that number?

Why walk when you can fly?
"You want me for the last couple of seasons, eh? Well I can't keep denying all of these movie roles for what I'm paid here so...."

I honestly have no idea lol

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
"You want me for the last couple of seasons, eh? Well I can't keep denying all of these movie roles for what I'm paid here so...."

I honestly have no idea lol

Their movie roles haven't exactly exploded though. Sophie was in a shitty X-Men film, Kit starred in Bompeii, Emilia was in a bad Terminator film that some how still eked out some profit thanks to the foreign market (but she does have Han Solo film upcoming). Besides Tyrion, no one is doing things that's impressive.

Surfinn

Their movie roles haven't exactly exploded though. Sophie was in a shitty X-Men film, Kit starred in Bompeii, Emilia was in a bad Terminator film that some how still eked out some profit thanks to the foreign market (but she does have Han Solo film upcoming). Besides Tyrion, no one is doing things that's impressive.
Yeah it doesn't seem like the demand is super high, which is why I asked

Although Clark is gunna be in the Solo film

I started GoT for the first time ever last week and I've marathoned all the way to last week's episode. Can't believe I put it off for so many years, but glad I did as I didn't have to wait week to week for a new episode.

This current season is incredible—easily my favorite. I love seeing all the characters finally reunite/meet up. And the fashions are insane!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I started GoT for the first time ever last week and I've marathoned all the way to last week's episode. Can't believe I put it off for so many years, but glad I did as I didn't have to wait week to week for a new episode.

This current season is incredible—easily my favorite. I love seeing all the characters finally reunite/meet up. And the fashions are insane!

Dem Winterfell cloth.

that's not just a matter of time though, it's a matter of explanation. Jaime was sinking to the bottom of the body of water because of his armor, and emerges on the other side saved by Bronn who had to carry his weight in and out of the water. How did he swim so fast while holding his breath for so long? If, presumably they were under water the whole time and had to swim underwater a good distance away from the battlefield?

Also a fun tidbit: I met Kit Harrington at a press event for his movie Pompeii.

He was very short, very handsome, brooding and mysterious. His hair was messy and his clothes were torn, but you could tell that there was hundreds of dollars in hair product and clothing in order to get that effect. He was cool.

that's not just a matter of time though, it's a matter of explanation. Jaime was sinking to the bottom of the body of water because of his armor, and emerges on the other side saved by Bronn who had to carry his weight in and out of the water. How did he swim so fast while holding his breath for so long? If, presumably they were under water the whole time and had to swim underwater a good distance away from the battlefield?

Mhmm. And again, all of that is dropped, even after Tyrion encounters Jamie. We are supposed to imagine some letters/ravens flying around in between these scenes that explain everything.

The entirety of Jamie's drowning was also bad writing, but the time jumps also play a role in it. It's not a matter of seeing people on a ship. It's a matter of introducing something important, and then not finishing the job.

Speevy

Banned
I laughed when Jaime asked who the father was like they just didn't have time to write a story line where Jaime found out about Lancel and just threw that in there.

So our boy Jaime is even more pathetic than previously thought because he's fine with sharing his soul mate with others besides King Robert.

She should have just said "Euron." and bit his ear.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I laughed when Jaime asked who the father was like they just didn't have time to write a story line where Jaime found out about Lancel and just threw that in there.

So our boy Jaime is even more pathetic than previously thought because he's fine with sharing his soul mate with others besides King Robert.

She should have just said "Euron." and bit his ear.

he didn't ask who the father was,

pretty sure he asked "who do you say is the father" meaning what will you tell others

What I just thought about:
What if there's a giant plot twist and Lannister wins this?
I think the story currently is mostly fan service and I somehow fear that such a twist will come.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zombie Joffrey will triumph in the end you heard it here first.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Godfuckingdamnit. First I got spoiled on episode 6 by YouTube suggestion, now some motherf****r posted episode 7 spoiler on FB cause he had read the leaked script. What a cunt. Why man? What's the purpose? Do they somehow feel superior and want to show it? Fuck man.

Top Bottom