• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

All these other pretenders have spent their entire lives being trained as douchey little nobles. They were given the best training, by the best teachers. Dany was thrown into the deep end with no training wheels at all. I'm with you in hoping that she learns from all of this, and becomes the leader we know she can be. Of all the claimants to the throne, she perhaps has the kindest and noblest of hearts. She needs to learn to match that with skillful governance.

I agree that she didn't have the benefit of being groomed for leadership like most members of the great houses, nor did she grow up in a place where the 'game' pervaded her existence like most in the 7 Kingdoms -- which makes banishing The Fedora for a mistake he made and rectified years ago, even more short sighted. Trailer Spoilers:
Lucky for her two masters of the game are heading to her.

And that's why I love her. I'll follow her to the ends of the earth.

Your loyalty is admirable if not placed. Only one person is deserving of that kind of unwavering fealty. Only one person's heart burns hotter than a million suns. Only one person is the True King of Westeros. That man's name is Stannis Baratheon.

#bendaknee

Crispy75

Just finished the S1-4 marathon in anticipation and have the following hopes/fears:

Arya to go full badass in Bravos
Hairdye Sansa to play Littlefinger, only to find he was playing her all along
The Outrrrrageous Accents Of Dorne
Jon vs. Thorne for command of the Night's Watch
Tyrion's Essos Adventures
Zombie Clegane to hunger for brains

Not looking forward to the continuing directionless wafting of Daaerys, for the Plot Armour reasons already mentioned, but otherwise pumped :)

*drums fingers*

Think I'll fill the gap with House of Cards 3...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Your loyalty is admirable if not placed. Only one person is deserving of that kind of unwavering fealty. Only one person's heart burns hotter than a million suns. Only one person is the True King of Westeros. That man's name is Stannis Baratheon.

#bendaknee

tumblr_m1ph82tMix1qflx6ho1_400.gif

Vashetti

Banned
I know I keep banging on about it, but I can't be the only one who's a little confused over HBO's promo mindset this year?

Where's all the updated photos of the characters? Where's an actually decent poster?

Where's the third trailer?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I know I keep banging on about it, but I can't be the only one who's a little confused over HBO's promo mindset this year?

Where's all the updated photos of the characters? Where's an actually decent poster?

They've put all their budget in the quality of the season. They got nothing left to hype it, fans do it themselves.

They've put all their budget in the quality of the season. They got nothing left to hype it, fans do it themselves.

I'd like to agree with this. But I'd still like to see some more extras as usual so I'm also siding with Vashetti on this one.

Sendero

I watched last season along with GAF, so I'm looking forward to the comments post-episode. So much, that I actually just finished The Walking Dead seasons as well.

Haven't read the books, but had an awesome talk with PhoenixDark (one of the advisors/thread helpers) and was shocked to heard about the differences on how some characters were portrayed in the show (specially Tyrion).

I'm mostly interested on:
*Arya's ascension as Master assassin.
*The adventures of Varys & Tyrion in the new world.
*Franken-Mountain !!
*What will Sir Davos and Stannis do, now that they apparently stopped in cold the Free folk "invasion". (interesting that Mance is not listed in the character section)
*The new Martell characters. If they are anywhere as half interesting as Oberyn, we are in for a treat.
*The antics of manly Ramsay as a brand new Bolton.
But overall, want to more witty dialogue from Bronn and Lady Olenna.

Disappointed that Yara Greyjoy is not mentioned. Was looking forward for her redemption, after the abysmal episode of her trying to rescue Theon.

Nibel

Ready for this! Part of the fun is watching each episode and then joining the discussion here and read everybody's reaction to key scenes

The show sells itself at this point, they could probably get away with a marketing plan that didn't even have trailers with new footage honestly.

The Game of Thrones exhibition probably took a big chunk of that marketing budget.

aravuus

Goddamn I'm excited. I won't even have to try and dodge spoilers all Monday this year since I've only got classes in the evening. I can watch the newest episode as soon as I wake up!

#bendaknee

RHqimkL.gif

Disappointed that Yara Greyjoy is not mentioned. Was looking forward for her redemption, after the abysmal episode of her trying to rescue Theon.

Yeah, feels like House Greyjoy has just sunk into the ocean. I can't even remember the last time we saw Balon.

Sendero

Yeah, feels like House Greyjoy has just sunk into the ocean. I can't even remember the last time we saw Balon.
I'm still hoping for a surprise appearance or something, specially since the Bolton's are riding to Winterfell.

Any link would probably spoil you, but basically they said they've run out of book material for Bran, and anything else wouldn't be parallel to the other characters' timelines.
Given how fast the actor was growing, he will look quite different by the time he gets reintroduced.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm still hoping for a surprise appearance or something, specially since the Bolton's are riding to Winterfell.

I would expect the Bolton's have already set up residence there now, they were really close to it last we saw them, and that was a few episodes prior to the S4 finale.

Anyone else nervous about this season spoiling book readers? I don't think anyone has plot armor anymore.
A season of 10 episodes containing the events of two books has me on edge. I could watch 10 seasons of this show and love every second.

Iceman829

This is more of a general HBOgo question, but when do the episodes usually get added? Will it be available when it is airing or later on?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I am so hyped... thank fuck for dare devil to help the last two days go faster.

foxtrot3d

Banned
ready for more sir pants or whatever that cat is called.

But it's this week already? Jezus christ time flies.

If I remember correctly from an interview they stated Ser Pounce would not be returning, apparently the cat was too difficult to work with because well, it's a cat. Although I may have misremembered. Short story short, cats are assholes.

studyguy

... I don't even remember where last season ended. Fallen off the series hype train by quite a bit in all its formats. I need a recap video or something. My girlfriend is hyped though, so I'll watch anyhow.

Curufinwe

... I don't even remember where last season ended. Fallen off the series hype train by quite a bit in all its formats. I need a recap video or something. My girlfriend is hyped though, so I'll watch anyhow.

HBO will show all 10 episodes on two channels on Sunday if you wanna catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom