• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HQ Teaser.

Anyone recognize
the faces on either side of Jon? Edit: Ygritte on one side....Stannis on the other?

Sansa, Tyrion, Daeny, Cersei, Arya and Jamie are the others that are still alive

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Damn that teaser is fucked, wasn't expecting such spoiler potential. Jesus.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone expect season 6 to be the zombie invasion season? If not that, it has to be season 7, they can't delay this any longer.

Nameless

Anyone expect season 6 to be the zombie invasion season? If not that, it has to be season 7, they can't delay this any longer.

Too soon. My guess, this season is Jon building his Northern army and destroying the Boltons. While Daeny forms The Dothsullied and is finally forced to sail West after her small council run the rest of Meereen into the muck.

Once those two pieces are in place then I think Winter hits, darkness sweeps the land and The Night's King's forces overrun The Wall--probably in the finale.

Evolved1

Trying to decide if Jon kills his betrayers. I'm assuming he's alive of course. If he's actually dead-dead idk that might hit me harder than any other Stark death, and they were all shocking. Tbh I don't want to even dwell on the possibility (because the more I think about it the more it seems like something they could actually do to me) so yeah... does Jon kill his betrayers, or spare them.

If I was Snow... I'd publicly execute the little kid. He got away with killing ginger, but killing them both, that demands reprisal.

Man, Snow is dead, isn't he? But that can't... ugh it'd make no sense! I thought he was one of two characters with plot armor. I was sure of this. Now idk, maybe... ugh. I just want to know!

lol. This wait is maddening.

Trying to decide if Jon kills his betrayers. I'm assuming he's alive of course. If he's actually dead-dead idk that might hit me harder than any other Stark death, and they were all shocking. Tbh I don't want to even dwell on the possibility (because the more I think about it the more it seems like something they could actually do to me) so yeah... does Jon kill his betrayers, or spare them.

If I was Snow... I'd publicly execute the little kid. He got away with killing ginger, but killing them both, that demands reprisal.

Man, Snow is dead, isn't he? But that can't... ugh it'd make no sense! I thought he was one of two characters with plot armor. I was sure of this. Now idk, maybe... ugh. I just want to know!

lol. This wait is maddening.
There are pictures online that will answer your questions. Just have to use some google-fu to find them ;)

Evolved1

I believe this is kind of 'hinty-hinty' which isn't allowed in this thread.
I didn't read. As much as I want to know, I don't want to know. Ya know?

Avoiding GoT spoilers, I've been very successful... but you basically have to wall off huge sections of the internet.

I think many of you are trying to read to much into the teaser.
aside from Jon Snow likely not being dead
I don't think the teaser is teasing anything more than "Hey guess what, everyone is caught up now with our story. Book Readers know no more than viewers so lets have some fun. Let's put a bunch of faces in the teaser, some alive... some dead... give people the impression no one is safe but ultimately, we won't kill any major characters"

demolitio

I don't think the teaser is teasing anything more than "Hey guess what, everyone is caught up now with our story. Book Readers know no more than viewers so lets have some fun. Let's put a bunch of faces in the teaser, some alive... some dead... give people the impression no one is safe but ultimately, we won't kill any major characters"

You're going to regret saying this when the season premiere starts off with a meteor shower killing off every character from the teaser that's still alive. :p

I agree though. Just giving us the feeling that anything can happen and anyone can die and that their stories might finally start converging. I feel like every action has a consequence even if it takes years to unfold. This show seems to give us SOME justice long after the events happen and in an unexpected way which is why I love it. It doesn't do the typical trope of having the main character dish out revenge right away. It still follow some common tropes, but I love how it avoids the big ones that make every show so boring in comparison.

Book readers still know more, this season is doing multiple parts from the fourth book. So spoilers still are out there.

Evolved1

You're going to regret saying this when the season premiere starts off with a meteor shower killing off every character from the teaser that's still alive. :p

I agree though. Just giving us the feeling that anything can happen and anyone can die and that their stories might finally start converging. I feel like every action has a consequence even if it takes years to unfold. This show seems to give us SOME justice long after the events happen and in an unexpected way which is why I love it. It doesn't do the typical trope of having the main character dish out revenge right away. It still follow some common tropes, but I love how it avoids the big ones that make every show so boring in comparison.
And I find it especially rewarding when revenge comes by way of a sibling, house member, or whatever. It's not always direct (you hurt me, I hurt you back) and they don't always make it obvious... they trust viewers to make the connection. Even if it's somewhat far removed. Love that.

Cosmozone

Man, it's hard to watch GoT on free TV with a 1y delay without getting spoiled. But it turned out fine. Saw a picture from the S6 teaser, before finishing S5, but it turned out harmless. Can't say I enjoyed this season as much as the other ones, but it was still good, even with the slow build. I'm a bit worried about the characters not being that interesting anymore from now, though.

The citizens of King's Landing are somewhat dull, lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How long before Season 5 started did we get the first trailer? I'm wondering when we can expect the first one for Season 6.

Nameless

Hopefully they keep the goods a little closer to the vest this year. Looking back, the Season 5 Trailer included footage from pretty much the entire season, which led to some plot points becoming painfully obvious as events played out.

Speaking of obvious, no way the S6 trailer doesn't end with some cryptic line from Melisandre or Bran or The Three-Eyed Raven about resurrection and you know what, I'll mark out regardless.

xGEEEMC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom