• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game pad Converters

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
So, in the last few years things have really improved dramatically for controller converters. Older ones used to add a lot of lag and/or wouldn't be compatible, but now you can pretty much use anything on anything.

And to think that last gen people actually picked a favorite system because of the controller! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

One of the caveats, however, is that a handful of modern converters still add too much input lag.

Do you have any converters you use? Why? Any that you can recommend? Any that you'd recommend other GAFers should avoid (due to issues)?

Here are a few of mine in regular rotation:

Brooks PS3 to PS2 converter.
ps3ps4-to-ps2-brook-super-converter.jpg

I play an awful lot of PS2 still, so this thing really comes in handy for playing all the arcade ports/compilations.

MC Cthulhu
KjORwqum.png

Definitely a d.i.y sort of board. You have to wire up the controller (typically an arcade stick) and crimp each controller type into a standard RJ45 plug, but it can play pretty much anything from SNES to Saturn to PS2 to whatever. Very handy for you retro gamers.

Undamnded decoder:
uih6hVPm.png

Another d.i.y. board. This one takes USB input from a PS3 or 360 controller and converts it to discrete output. This is handy for padhacks.

Mayflash Magic-NS:
41sxBAtRU1L._SX466_.jpg

This one is small but mighty: takes wireless and wired PS3, PS4, Wii U, and X1 controller signal and outputs to Nintendo Switch, PS3, or PC.

Last edited:
This one is small but mighty: takes wireless and wired PS3, PS4, Wii U, and X1 controller signal and outputs to Nintendo Switch, PS3, or PC.

That's really cool. I never even heard of this before, but Amazon has it for under $25. Sounds like a great alternative for Nintendo consoles. Even the idea of playing my PS3 with a dual shock 4 sounds nice.

Shotpun

Now if I could just find a new genuine DS3 controller with a price tag that doesn't send me living under some bridge in a cardboard box. Chinese knockoffs, chinese knockoffs everywhere!

DS4 is fine but I just don't like the start/select buttons on it when playing PS1 games.

Top Bottom