• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

finalflame

Not a game, but was happy to pick this up today :)

qNwUi0w_d.jpg

So my Dracula's Curse came. Any idea how to tell the different versions apart without opening them?

One has a red dot sticker on the shrink wrap, would that be the dual color split?

Update

The one with the red dot is the regular edition in my case at least

akileese

oZB7ke8.png

strap in fellas

They've been doing this for months. I think it was like....two or three months ago someone asked and they said they'd have a surprise soon. I wouldn't take their twitter as gospel.

Edited for English because apparently I cannot type today.

I'd also like to add that I collect Persona merchandise (vinyl specifically as I'm sure you're all aware) and I'll buy this stupid fuckin thing if they do manage to get the license for it. I'm going to end up importing the CD version at some point as well since I have almost all the soundtrack releases. I have a serious problem, but the figures/statues is where I draw the line.

vladbkp

Neo Member
So I placed an order for the split copy of the Castlevania 3 soundtrack when they first went up for sale. I also ordered the Castlevania 2 soundtrack at the same time. The shipment came today. Open it up to find....two copies of the Castlevania 3 soundtrack and no Castlevania 2 soundtack. One has a red dot, the other doesn't. (Missed the dot the first time looking at it.) So...keep one? Or keep both?? Let Mondo know?? Any advice?

Glassboy

So I placed an order for the split copy of the Castlevania 3 soundtrack when they first went up for sale. I also ordered the Castlevania 2 soundtrack at the same time. The shipment came today. Open it up to find....two copies of the Castlevania 3 soundtrack and no Castlevania 2 soundtack. So....what do I do? Do I let Mondo know? Will they send me the correct order? Would I have to send one of my copies back? I ordered the split version and that's what my order shows (and there's no red sticker on the label) so I'm guessing that's what they are?? Any advice, GAF?
Just contact them and they'll get you sorted. Either they will let you keep it and send you another or provide a shipping label for you to send it back and then send you another copy of CV2

vladbkp

Neo Member
Just contact them and they'll get you sorted. Either they will let you keep it and send you another or provide a shipping label for you to send it back and then send you another copy of CV2
That's what I may do. Missed the red dot the first time around. (Was editing my post to reflect that) Just kind of strange

Dreweyes

Some really awesome video game vinyl projects in the works, and a few near finished concepts that unfortunately fell through. Hope to share those someday soon.

Hendrixx

Neo Member
Just a heads-up for anyone who's got the Yooka-Laylee CDvinyl ordered. Kickstarter backers were emailed today explaining that the music in the game hasn't been orchestrally recorded yet. Once it has it'll be updated in to the game.

Which leaves the Laced release in a weird situation. They've confirmed it's not the orchestral recordings. So it's essentially unfinished music.

I ordered expecting it to be orchestral given it hit that stretch goal. While it's easy to update a game for free, updating vinyl is trickier...

Not to say a double LP of the wonderful trio or Kirkhope, Wise and Burke isn't great but can we expect Laced to double dip for an orchestral release later on?

Is it just me, or is the Snatcher tracklist completely messed up?

For instance:

A4 is listed as Danger Dance 1 on the back, but it's actually Creeping Silence
B8 listed as Danger Dance 2, but is Criminal Omen
B9 listed as Pleasure Of Tension 3, but is Endless Pursuer

Also, A9 is actually A8, since they made a print error on the back, going straight to A9 and skipped A8.

Really confusing.

kanuuna

I wonder if ia8b would ever employ their Hyper Light Drifter PS4 model into LPs.

I'd be pretty thrilled if they threw in a copy with the first pressings of the HLD Vinyl set that ended up being delayed, but I don't see that happening given the delay seems to be in line with most other delays they've had. I've been waiting for a discount on the game on the US PS store for a while now - hoping to spend the $10 I have on my US account's wallet.

rpbtz

What? Haha, the first one isnt even done yet and he has a new one going? Smells like Inafune...

The first one seemed to be mainly for doing the tracks, but yeah, physical rewards are still not out yet. At least all the tracks are done now and have been sent out (except for a few recently added bonus tracks). And it's some pretty good stuff imo.

The first one seemed to be mainly for doing the tracks, but yeah, physical rewards are still not out yet. At least all the tracks are done now and have been sent out (except for a few recently added bonus tracks). And it's some pretty good stuff imo.

i only backed it for the Last Ninja vinyl, so in my books it's not done yet :D

rpbtz

i only backed it for the Last Ninja vinyl, so in my books it's not done yet :D

That's fair. That was also the main reason for me signing up myself. I don't expect those to go out until late Summer/early Fall, though, so it'll probably still be a while.

rpbtz

So, Data Discs played some music at an event in London last night and they played a new test pressing. And while I wasn't there I'm seeing comments confirming that they were playing Altered Beast, so it sounds like that one's coming soon(-ish).

So, Data Discs played some music at an event in London last night and they played a new test pressing. And while I wasn't there I'm seeing comments confirming that they were playing Altered Beast, so it sounds like that one's coming soon(-ish).

Aww yiss...welcome to your doomahhhh!

Just as a heads up, Best Buy has heavily discounted the Mafia III Collector's Edition; along with the base game, all the DLC and a few physical and digital goodies, this edition comes with 2 LPs. One has some licensed songs and the other has parts of the original soundtrack. With Gamers Club Unlocked it comes to $64 ($80 without it) which is a huge drop down from the original retail price of $150.

They had an Altered Yeast cocktail on the menu, so yes, this is dope

akileese

Just as a heads up, Best Buy has heavily discounted the Mafia III Collector's Edition; along with the base game, all the DLC and a few physical and digital goodies, this edition comes with 2 LPs. One has some licensed songs and the other has parts of the original soundtrack. With Gamers Club Unlocked it comes to $64 ($80 without it) which is a huge drop down from the original retail price of $150.

I saw that and decided to wait. I really think it could go lower. It only came out in October and it's become very clear that demand isn't there for this edition. I've got no interest in the game itself but the score and soundtrack are both excellent. If I could get it for like, $40-$50 I'd be in.

Wish I could tell you but I only have the PC88 tracks, the Snatcher OSTs and their irregularities give me fucking a headache across their regions and platforms. lol
Yeah man, i wasn't aware there are so many different versions. But i'm 100% sure there are no extra Danger Dance and Pleasure Of Tension parts up till this release. Is it a licensing/credit issue?

Fhtagn

Great! Killer soundtrack. I wonder how many lps they'll get out this year since they've already done one and we know Streets of Rage 3 and Gunstar Heroes are also on the agenda.

RaidenZR

Brave Wave just put out notice that Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 NES soundtracks are available. For now you can only buy the CD and digital files on their bandcamp page, but I'm guessing the vinyl pre-orders must be dropping soon. They have stubs for them on that bandcamp page, but it says "Sold Out".

http://store.bravewave.net/merch

RaidenZR

all the info on the ninja gaiden release is here btw: http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/003

So, April 13th then. Been looking forward to this for a while!

I do feel like those are strange, fruit loop-style choices on the vinyl colors(really not feeling them), but I like the center labels at least as well as the rest of the packaging. Won't complain too much since it's another classic release getting some solid treatment.

soultron

Banned
Sooooo has anyone received their copy of The Last Guardian OST from IA8B yet? Last thing I ordered from them before my boycott kicked in.

Top Bottom