• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

karma2578

Happy to see this got delivered today:

be46Hus.jpg

iw5EFhE.jpg

looks awesome, how does the snowfall vinyl look?

BTails

Mondo just shipped my Castlevania 1 and Silent Hill! Whoo!

Too bad I've been having nothing but shipping problems lately. I still haven't received my Snatcher from The Yetee (Over a month since shipping), and my last Mondo order has been in town for about 2 weeks now with no movement or "Out for Delivery" update...

Ninja Gaiden sold out for anybody that has a job.

I'm just about done with this stuff.

This is not surprising now that gamers are into vinyl. I mean, I'm used to rushing to get stuff at Mondo, but I fear it's only going to get worse, resellers are going to catch on quicker and bots will be used to buy shit up like what happens with Mondo posters.

Kazaam

My Thumper LP from ThrillJockey arrived and it's absolutely gorgeous. God I love this game and the soundtrack. It was such a good price as well, even though I was willing to pay so much more for it :)) In fact the only other game soundtracks I would be willing to pay some ridiculous amounts of money for are Bloodborne, Grim Fandango and The Neverhood. Like I'm ashamed of myself thinking how much I would be willing to pay for those.

akileese

My Thumper LP from ThrillJockey arrived and it's absolutely gorgeous. God I love this game and the soundtrack. It was such a good price as well, even though I was willing to pay so much more for it :)) In fact the only other game soundtracks I would be willing to pay some ridiculous amounts of money for are Bloodborne, Grim Fandango and The Neverhood. Like I'm ashamed of myself thinking how much I would be willing to pay for those.

I didn't even know anyone other than iam8bit was doing thumper! I never pulled the trigger because I saw no point in paying a mark up for a game I already own so this is an awesome solution. Thanks!

No, people just really want Policenauts OST on vinyl. Especially after Snatcher, because it's release indicates there's a good chance for Policenauts getting a release as well.
I want that one too, but somebody said Policenauts was coming, i assumed they were mixing it up with Psychonauts (since there is no word about Policenauts coming out).

Hopefully Policenauts will see a release someday, but i'm doubting it since Policenauts was only released in Japan (recently the fan translation came out), in contradiction to Snatcher.

Oh man that's gonna be an expensive month!

Great to see though, would never have expected all three games to get the vinyl treatment in one go. I'm guessing there wasn't any info on who's putting it out and when?

Arukado

Oh man that's gonna be an expensive month!

Great to see though, would never have expected all three games to get the vinyl treatment in one go. I'm guessing there wasn't any info on who's putting it out and when?
Its related to bandainamcoent-store.com and no, no information about the release, just the picture.

Do Nintendo games ever have soundtracks released on vinyl? Specifically, do you think there's a chance that Breath of the Wild will see vinyl? I'm in love with the soundtrack and would love to have it on something other than a disc.

Do Nintendo games ever have soundtracks released on vinyl? Specifically, do you think there's a chance that Breath of the Wild will see vinyl? I'm in love with the soundtrack and would love to have it on something other than a disc.

Maybe in the 80s?

I've only seen their more stuff as bootleg releases like Moonsake

Dan-o

I'm guessing there wasn't any info on who's putting it out and when?

Using my completely unscientific method of looking too closely at pictures and stuff, I think I can definitively say that I'm fairly confident than iam8bit is mostly probably not involved, maybe. iam8bit tends to use only a limited number of promo layouts for their releases, and the Dark Souls image above doesn't coincide with that. Even if you look at the records individually, the Dark Souls images show more of the inner label than any iam8bit image (except ones where they're showing the entire record, of course)
So my theory is such that, if iam8bit had any involvement, surely they would have put that image together. If they put that image together, then surely it'd be more in line with their typical promo images... maybe. ;)

Its related to bandainamcoent-store.com and no, no information about the release, just the picture.

Also this. :D

Type40

Theres a few from japan in the early 80's

Full length:
Famicom Music
Famicom Music 2
Mario 3 (was only a radio promo of some sort)

Singles:
Mario 1
Mario 1 story
Zelda/Murasame Castle (7' and 12')
Kid Icarus/Metroid

Then theres some remix singles.

After this Everything was on CD with a few cassettes.

Dragnet

Are any UK GAF going to RSD tomorrow? Could try hook each other up with whatever we can't find in our own store! *cough* Slick Rick and Watch_Dogs 2* cough*

-GJ-

Are any UK GAF going to RSD tomorrow? Could try hook each other up with whatever we can't find in our own store! *cough* Slick Rick and Watch_Dogs 2* cough*

I went to my local record store (The Netherlands btw) and asked them if they could get the Watch_Dogs 2 record. They said they probably could and that they'd put it aside for me. It came in a couple days ago. I'm sure they wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't ask for it (they don't carry game OST's), but still, at least I didn't have to worry that I wouldn't be able to find it. You can't really do anything with this information now, but maybe next year you can ask them to order the records you want specifically for you and put them aside :).

Dragnet

I went to my local record store (The Netherlands btw) and asked them if they could get the Watch_Dogs 2 record. They said they probably could and that they'd put it aside for me. It came in a couple days ago. I'm sure they wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't ask for it (they don't carry game OST's), but still, at least I didn't have to worry that I wouldn't be able to find it. You can't really do anything with this information now, but maybe next year you can ask them to order the records you want specifically for you and put them aside :).

Nice work! They wouldn't allow anyone to reserve anything at mine and the queue has started a full 10 hours before the place is even open! :(

-GJ-

Nice work! They wouldn't allow anyone to reserve anything at mine and the queue has started a full 10 hours before the place is even open! :(

Oh man, that sucks. I didn't know record stores did that. My record store isn't that big and the people that work there are pretty cool, so maybe that helps, haha. I hope you can get one before they end up on discogs for scalp prices :/. In the worst case scenario I could always ask if they can get a second copy so I can ship it to the UK for you.

BTails

I can't wait for RSD tomorrow. My local store is doing 10% off new records, and 30% off used. Personally, I'm looking for the RSD-exclusive Elton John release "11-17-70+"

Top Bottom