• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Fancy Poster Gaf says hi.
Oh don't worry- we're already approaching '150 print run, grab them while you can' levels of artificial scarcity.

Still, fancy poster aftermarket is so unfathomably beyond normal mark up, I just... I mean.... So many times I read people acquiring items only to let them sit in a tube undisplayed, with price tags that make my rent sometimes blush.

A bunch of silent delays were posted on the pre-order page for iam8takingyourfuckingmoneyearlymate, surprise, another month for Hyper Light Drifter, another month my five dollar layaway plan is actually slaying.

JEKKI

man I really appreciate how well Mondo packs their shit, like they really take care of your record!

that said, shout outs to whoever decided to step really hard on my package while it was left outside my apartment door!! becoz package it as nicely as you want, nothing is gonna save it from the weight of some kids running around where they're not supposed to :(

no damage to the record, but the case is fucked up, which will definitely lose me some dollars on the discogs marketplace.

also why the fck did I even buy this Silent Hill record anyways?? stupid impulses...

I mean I love the SH game and series, but I'm not trying to vibe out to its soundtrack or anything

>_<

so yah, if anyone wants a slightly bent up slightly discounted copy of this record, catch me in the B/S/T thread...

-edit-

yo wtfuuuuuuuuuu***?!?!?!

Silent Hill is sold out?!?!

and going for $100+ on discogs?!?!?

how did that happen????

-edit-

yo wtfuuuuuuuuuu***?!?!?!

Silent Hill is sold out?!?!

and going for $100+ on discogs?!?!?

how did that happen????

Honestly seems over inflated to take advantage of people while they can. I don't think it was that limited and I thought there was going to be a black copy available outside of Mondo (isn't there?). I imagine the thirst for Silent HIll 2 will be even greater though.

JEKKI

well my love for part 2 is definitely greater for sure, but if it does come out then I ain't gonna give in to impulse, I'd rather jus replay the game if I wanna experience the tunes.

Hendrixx

Neo Member
Gah. Still waiting on Ori from iamlatebit.

Preordered it back when it was announced and, giving the awful shipping rates, thought it best to order a couple of other items at the same time.

Cut to April and now they're waiting on one of my initial records to come back into stock. So it's all further delayed.

You'd think that they'd keep ordered items to hand if a customer has already paid for them, instead of sell through then have to produce more...

Honestly seems over inflated to take advantage of people while they can. I don't think it was that limited and I thought there was going to be a black copy available outside of Mondo (isn't there?). I imagine the thirst for Silent HIll 2 will be even greater though.

I'm not too sure about that.

Dan-o

Gah. Still waiting on Ori from iamlatebit.

Preordered it back when it was announced and, giving the awful shipping rates, thought it best to order a couple of other items at the same time.

Cut to April and now they're waiting on one of my initial records to come back into stock. So it's all further delayed.

You'd think that they'd keep ordered items to hand if a customer has already paid for them, instead of sell through then have to produce more...
That's what literally any other company would have done. I'd demand a refund, then reorder only the items that are actually in stock.

Ever since my p5 JP CE reached me, I've been listening to the music non stop. Got the JP CD OST of the full game. but damn 175$ preorder from iam8bit? even Meguro cant make me do that :/

One of the best soundtracks of the year, but it's iam8bit

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

BTails

Hahahahahaha!!! That is a huge kick in the pants. iam8bit obviously reading this thread, and knew that everyone was thirsty for P5 and they could jack up the prices.

I have 0 interest in it, so I can just sit back, watch the madness, and enjoy not giving iam8bit any money until Sunset Riders starts shipping (Because there's no way they get any preorder money from me).

akileese

I'm wondering if the 6 LP is $175 and the 4 will probably be like 70 or something like that.

This is peak iam8bit horseshit. They don't even have a fucking artwork design for it. What a shitty and scummy company.

what are the chances there's a separate japanese vinyl printing by another company?

Japan doesn't really do vinyl so I'd say sub 5 percent.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/iam8bit/status/857961064717107200[/tweet]

Still, even at $100, that's not the full soundtrack. Load of hot garbage if you ask me.

<Insert extreme value joke here>

I imagine the $175 is the 6LP set for P5. I'm definitely waiting for the box reveal, if it's something really well designed/really unique then the price will make (a bit) more sense. Otherwise if it's just a standard box set box then it comes in at about $30 a record which I only consider if I pay for a record that I know will sound perfect (analogue productions or modern mofi releases) or is rare music I can't find elsewhere.

I'm wondering if the 6 LP is $175 and the 4 will probably be like 70 or something like that.

This is peak iam8bit horseshit. They don't even have a fucking artwork design for it. What a shitty and scummy company.

100 for 4LP

Dan-o

NO! The artwork is a mystery! oOoOoOoOo!!!!!

fucking horseshit is right.

I imagine the $175 is the 6LP set for P5. I'm definitely waiting for the box reveal, if it's something really well designed/really unique then the price will make (a bit) more sense. Otherwise if it's just a standard box set box then it comes in at about $30 a record which I only consider if I pay for a record that I know will sound perfect (analogue productions or modern mofi releases) or is rare music I can't find elsewhere.

limited to 1000 and preorders start today so by the time you see the art it'll be gone

This is not completely true. Japan's been getting back into records. Recently some fairly big (in my opinion) J-Rock bands have released repressed or first issues of their albums on vinyl. I know at least perfume released several albums of the back catalogue as a box set (and their newest album also had a record edition).

limited to 1000 and preorders start today so by the time you see the art it'll be gone

Missed the limited number. Welp their lost, rather get that Tyler Stout Alien release from Mondo. Both cheaper and at least I know it has great artwork.

Can someone actually shed some light on this matter: does iam8bit actually have to do a lot of work to get this on vinyl? I mean, I paid $75 for the 4xLP Street Fighter II set, but you can tell a lot of effort went into making that happen. iam8bit makes it seem (on the store page) that they go through a lot to make this stuff happen, but for $100 I'm assuming this is just greedy pricing

Can someone actually shed some light on this matter: does iam8bit actually have to do a lot of work to get this on vinyl? I mean, I paid $75 for the 4xLP Street Fighter II set, but you can tell a lot of effort went into making that happen. iam8bit makes it seem (on the store page) that they go through a lot to make this stuff happen, but for $100 I'm assuming this is just greedy pricing

it's pure greed

Top Bottom