• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game studios that must be working on a new big thing

Mesijs

Delete thread if something similar is already discussed...

So I was wondering, which prominent game studios have we not heared from for a fairly long time? With E3 almost there and announcements around the corner, I am really wondering which developing teams that should be working on something 'big' are likely to present something new.

I was thinking: Avalanche Studios (Just Cause 3 and/or something new), the Prince of Persia team, Sony Santa Monica, Respawn, Rare as well right?

So which 'big' studios did we not hear from for a long time and are probably working on something new and big that could be presented during E3?

OgTheClever said:
Rockstar North's main team? I'm presuming they're seperate from the studios that made RDR and LA Noire.

They're working on Agent.

Sucker Punch and Guerrilla are both working on new IP's.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Can Respawn be mentioned here? We don't know if they're going to be "big" or not, but they have to be working on something.

Also just noticed that Respawn Entertainment on Wikipedia redirects to Infinity Ward.

Feindflug

badcrumble said:
Kamiya's team behind Bayonetta, for one.

IIRC Kamiya-san said on twitter that he won't go to E3 but I guess a gameplay/announcement trailer of the new
please be Shinobi
game from Platinum is still a possibility. :p

Lakitu

st5fu
SolidSnakex said:
They're working on Agent.

Sucker Punch and Guerrilla are both working on new IP's.

How large are Rockstar North? Could they handle two large projects at once (Agent and GTA V)?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I think Monolith is a big one.

Hopefully biding their time to announce NOLF 3. :O

Insomniac's original Ratchet team should probably be ready to reveal something soon I would think. Crack in time came out a while ago, Resistance team is separate, and All 4 One is the Carolina team I think.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BobsRevenge said:
I think Monolith is a big one.

Hopefully biding their time to announce NOLF 3. :O
Their job postings ask for Open World experience, but in the mean time they're releasing Gotham City Imposters.

Go_Ly_Dow

-Bungie with Activision
-Insomniac multiplatform game
-Respawn with EA
-Atlus have another console game in the works
-Tri Ace are working on something for consoles
-Rockstar North and San Diego
-Konami/Kojima Productions
-Sony Santa Monica
-Free Radicals division within Crytek

Lakitu said:
How large are Rockstar North? Could they handle two large projects at once (Agent and GTA V)?

Rockstar tends to be very secretive about everything, so i'm not sure how big their team size is. They've worked on multiple projects before though.

bungie, valve.

We know dota 2 is in the works, but i doubt it would require the entire valve team. I remeber that valve was working with arkane studio's on a project that allowed random players to join into a single player game as an "actor". A feature similar to the versus mode in left 4 dead. I beleive the game was cancelled though. I see it as a "next big thing".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossing_(video_game)

as for bungie, they've been known to change the game, espcially on the multiplayer side. Their matchmaking was the basis for much of what xbox live is today and I can only imagine their next game will continue to push the envelope max the extreme and so forth.

edit : wanted to add CCP, though I've never played any of their games, I think they've done some mighty interesting stuff on the MMO side of things and that many of the concepts they've developed will become incorporated into other games.

Rich!

retro1.jpg

Sure, they've just finished DKC Returns...but they've gotta have something in the works for the new Nintendo.

Raide

brucewaynegretzky said:
We know the majority of their stuff though SC2 expansions, D3, WoW stuff, and the mysterious future MMO that will come out in like 2020.

Everything they have is the next best thing, especially the new MMO.

Nirolak said:
They're making a Mad Max game with Cory Barlog IIRC.

Holy shit I'm excited. But I can't help but cringe thinking of the responses it will get once they release screens.

"Fallout ripoff!" "Looks like Borderlands!"

lol

Discotheque said:
Holy shit I'm excited. But I can't help but cringe thinking of the responses it will get once they release screens.

"Fallout ripoff!" "Looks like Borderlands!"

lol
Maybe when Dean Takahashi previews it.

Kai

Blizzard
Bungie
Red 5

1 of (maybe 2 or all 3) of their current "unknown" (except Red 5's which is known) projects will make more money than almost any other franchises mentioned so far in this thread over the period of their projects lifespan.

I would consider 1 (if not all 3 of these) would be the "next big thing".

Nirolak said:
They're making a Mad Max game with Cory Barlog IIRC.

This has been in the works for a hell of a long time, no?

I wonder if the intention was for it to be a Mad Max: Fury Road tie-in, but as George Miller keeps pushing production back it's mucking up game development?

Kifimbo

Starbreeze. We know it's Syndicate, but we have no idea what the game looks like.

Harmonix.

Sledgehammer (outside of MW3).

Visceral Games.

EA Montreal.

Media Molecule.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Kifimbo said:
Harmonix.
Some 3DS thing and Dance Central 2

Kifimbo said:
Sledgehammer (outside of MW3).
Call of Duty Space

Kifimbo said:
Visceral Games.
Dead Space 3, Ripper, Mercs 3, Army of Two 3, and maybe Dante's 2

Kifimbo said:
EA Montreal.
Army of Two 2, Dead Space 3, Ripper, Army of Two 3

Kifimbo said:
Media Molecule.
LBP

MikeTyson said:
Ubisoft Montreal/Red Storm Entertainment
Ghost Recon: Future Warfare

Hey You

Lakitu said:
Most likely and hopefully.

People have been saying R* SD is working on Agent so who knows.

Top Bottom