• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game you would like to see transformed into a strategic one

Davevil

Like this wonderful examples

Pokémon Conquest

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions

Metal Slug Tactics

MGS turn-based action RPG. (youre sneaking around like a normal MGS game more or less, then when spotted, or you want to attack, it goes turn-based... feel like there'd be a lot of room here for devs to make it interesting)

bit off topic but: fzero turn-based RPG.
i just want devs attempt a turn-based race, ha. not sure how itd work, but itd be silly and fun.

Last edited:

Daytonabot

Banned
MGS turn-based action RPG. (youre sneaking around like a normal MGS game more or less, then when spotted, or you want to attack, it goes turn-based... feel like there'd be a lot of room here for devs to make it interesting)
You might want to look up Metal Gear Acid.

edit: I missed the action part, but you still might want to if you're not familiar.

Last edited:

Fbh

I think Resident Evil could be pretty cool.
You've got a bunch of well known characters, a lot of enemy variety and tons of weapons and gadgets to add.

CeeJay

A squad based battle royale in the style of PUBG could be interesting as a top down turn based game. Each player locks in their choice of action and when the timer runs down all actions from all players are applied simultaneously across the map. You could have line of sight for your own character and each of your squad members.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Splatoon is top of my list. I want many spin-offs, but an SRPG could be cool.

Change the color of terrain, stealth options, wall climb options. Could really expand the lore of the world and branch out with different character classes.

Top Bottom