• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameArts (Grandia, Lunar) developing Ragnarok Odyssey (RPG) for PSVita

Cimarron

I hope its good. I remember back in the day when Japanese RPG's were my bread and butter. It's been years since I really enjoyed one. The obscene amount of charcter customization killed the genre for me.

Bad graphics + The same exact move being "Shown Off" 3-4 times in the same 1 minute trailer that had 15 seconds of gameplay = Me watching this title with low enthusiasm and interest.

Aru

The battle system looks ultra fun. I love me some good A-RPG. Not enough of them anymore these days (that make it out of Japan :( ).

Hulud

Grandia has the best JRPG battle system ever made even to this day. I'm willing to give any Gamearts game a try. Also, Vita just keeps looking better and better catalog-wise.

Watched the trailer. Looks charming as fuck. The use of color and simple voice acting (grunting when you attack) reminded me of PS1/2 era of JRPGs. Awesome. Hopefully the game turns out well.

This is probably the first JRPG I've been excited about since Lost Odyssey. I'm also kinda looking forward to the Persona 4 Vita port since I hear good things about that game but have never played it.

Refugio

zoner said:
It's so pretty...

Yeah. I don't really care for Hunting Action or whatever the heck the genre for Monster Hunter like games are called but it just looks so nice to me that I can't help but be interested.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
xauarp.jpg

amg, a Poring. :3 :3 :3

Anyway, this feels like Ragnarok Online 2, seriously.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
zoner said:
Lunar, huh? so XSeed probably will bring this over.

It's being published by GungHo, so there are chances that Aksys will bring this over too.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
wrowa said:
I hope it will really look like this eventually. The trailer was far away from that.

Has a quality version of that trailer been released yet?

I've only seen this one. It's hard to judge it relative to the screenies from that one.

Noshino

Meh, I gave up on the Ragnarok franchise

The original game was great (best pvp I have ever played), but the updates completely killed it.

The sequel sucked ass, same as the DS release.

And the spin-off (Ragnarok Battle Offline) that was actually damn good was never released in Europe or NA.

ULTROS! said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/xauarp.jpg

amg, a Poring. :3 :3 :3

Anyway, this feels like Ragnarok Online 2, seriously.

lol which Ragnarok 2 are you referring to? ;p

Kyoufu

Weird. The game looked worse graphically in some parts of the trailer.

Those screens definitely look nice, and I do want to play this D:

Akainu

When I saw that big sword being swung with no weight to it at all it killed a lot of my interest. That and the awkward looking flying.

Durante

Spiegel said:
Don't look like bullshots to me
Certainly not. They aren't even using AA.

Sony should make a huge tome "how to use the high-performance, awesome MSAA on Vita" and slap Japanese devs around with it. Though I don't see how they could make a huge tome, it's too simple :/

Kuran

Banned
Some of the color design in those screenshots is incredible, I'm sure it looks even more impressive on dat OLED.

Ydahs

Hmm, some of the screens still look touched up. A big difference between the trailer and the screens, but it might be that the footage was from an early build.

Kaizer

Banned
Whoa, just hearing about this game -- looks awesome! It's sorta ironic how I've enjoyed more of the MonHun clones/differing takes on the format than Monster Hunter itself. I've had God Eater Burst from Gamefly for about month and it's badass.

Top Bottom