• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey is getting Online Mode via patch (Post-Release)

Bukana

http://andriasang.com/comzp1/ragnarok_odyssey_patch/

Gamearts' PlayStation Vita action RPG Ragnarok Odyssey will ship on February 2 with four player ad-hoc play. That's right, no actual online support out the box!

That will change following release, though. In an interview with 4Gamer today, Gamearts CEO Kazuki Morishita said that the development staff is already working on adding online play support via a post release update.

Asked when we can expect the update, Morishita said that the game was developed with plans to add online play support soon after release. He promised that fans won't have to wait too long. In fact, the reason online play didn't make it out at launch is that they wanted to make sure the network play quality was high enough.

Director Kazuhiro Irie had praise for the Vita's flexibility when it comes to download content. In his past titles, doing download content that changed the rules, like adding online play for instance, was difficult. However, with the Vita, you can add quite a bit of post release functionality.

Now all I need is a Westren release date.

«þ»

So there's hope for ModNations Vita yet?

(although I doubt it will save ModNations, even if online MP is patched in the future)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Great news. I'm hoping Odyssey is good. That will hopefully send a message to other Japanese companies to STOP RELEASING GAMES WITH ONLY AD HOC.

fionel

I was just feeling pity that there were no way to play this game online after trying the demo. The graphics are average at best but the gameplay feels like what Sega is doing with PSO2 and is honestly not bad - fast paced with a heavy emphasis on dodging and formulating ground/air combos. Fortunately now that they've announced an online patch for it, it has become a must buy for me!

However I think they should have advertised this earlier and not like "oh yeah we're adding online play post-release" upon being asked in an interview. What are the marketing guys thinking?!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
However I think they should have advertised this earlier and not like "oh yeah we're adding online play post-release" upon being asked in an interview. What are the marketing guys thinking?!
They should have, but looking at the Japanese MonHan fans, I doubt it will matter to them at all.

Top Bottom