• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAMEBOY Classic Mini would be awesome

MRORANGE

I mean just use the design of the original into a gameboy pocket size design with innards of a gameboy color system and you will get something like this:

tzU4eul.png

Include 30 or so games built in with working GB slot for your own game cartridges and price it at $129 | £99

recommendations to include:

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Pokemon Silver/Gold/Red
Zelda Link's Awakening DX
Both Zelda Capcom games
Super Mario Land 1 & 2
Tetris
Dr Mario
Kirby's Dream Land
Metroid ”
Wario Land
Donkey Kong
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Metal Gear GB
Alleway

jessterfer

Neo Member
I dont think I would really want it to be any smaller than a gameboy color, but i like the idea of pre loaded games, especially since a lot of those cartridge batteries are dying.

samred

Why didn't I think of this? This is obviously the next thing before an n64 classic. If they make it thin and AA battery free, it'll do gangbusters.

kunonabi

I cant really think of all that many GB titles that would be worth it. I suppose if it had the Castlevania games that never got 3DS releases I'd bite.

Pilgrimzero

Just bought an original GB for $30. Felt good to play on one again.

And playing it in public got some comments "Is that a Gameboy!?!"

Good job you can connect a DS4 to your phone then.

Nintendo would never release something they couldn't control the way people play it.

If all phones had buttons, good ergonomics and a Dpad, maybe, but not now. They would rather not release it, than have people go "This is clunky" and have their experiences soured.

They have.

Yes, many of them, on 3DS VC (50 GB and 28 GBC games):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Nintendo_3DS_(North_America)

Wii U got GBA (74 games) and DS (31 games) VC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)

Above numbers are for NA only.

I'm guessing you don't own a 3DS.

Yes. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow came out a year and a half ago, and Pokemon Gold/Silver comes out next month.

Oh yeah, the 3DS. Never owned one myself.

Well, most of the games in the NES/SNES classic were released in VC too and that didn't stop them from becoming a thing.

Or you could just buy a Gameboy (OG, color, SP, your choice) and an Everdrive flash cart. At least that actually has stock, and doesn't require being awake at 4 am to get a pre order.

Top Bottom