• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamecube dis read problem

btrboyev

So my cube has for some reason or another and completely out of nowhere started giving me disc read errors. Basically any game will start up fine and i can play the game for a few mins before the error pops up (usually when the systems has to load something) I can open the disc tray cover and close it again and the game will start up again, but the next load point the error will pop up again.

Anybody else ever get a problem similar to this? I'm thinking maybe my system is overheating somehow..

I've had my system sent off to nintendo to get broken controller port (my doing)fixed and they kindly fixed it for free, but I'm thinking they are going to make me pay if I send it again and paying $70 for them to fix my 2 1/2 year old system seems just wrong.

suggestions?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
thats what mine is doing.. i cant get through any game... and they want 50 bucks to fix.. im just waiting for another price drop.

Top Bottom