• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

~ GAMERS FIGHT BACK! ~ Posters KIT ready to print to inform sheeples about the X1

vctor182

Why is it okay there, but not for this ecosystem? Can you trade in or lend any of those, bar ripping an itunes CD? Not likely without piracy of some sort.

You are buying the same thing. Software. MS is exerting control over it just like so many other companies, but it's not okay for them. Double standard or hypocrisy depending on how you look at it.

There's a difference between them, one is bought digitally while the other is physically. Nobody is stopping you to buy/sell a CD or a DVD or even a Videogame today. Microsoft wants to exert control over physical purchases just like they do in the digital purchases. They want to take away the full ownership you're entitled to have when you buy something physical.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
image.php
Or is it meta-satire?

Nah, I was actually serious. I can't tell if this campaign is serious or not, lol.

Ugh, so this is that feels like.

All my privileged life, I've wondered what it must be like to feel this.

I used to laugh at liberals on my campus for making signs advocating against corporate issues but now, I uh...

Guys, I'm thinking of protesting this protest. I'm going to need some help making pamphlets. I'm thinking we can use some well-known historical figures... Rosa Parks, maybe? Sagan? Che?

wildfire

Banned
Guys, I'm thinking of protesting this protest. I'm going to need some help making pamphlets. I'm thinking we can use some well-known historical figures... Rosa Parks, maybe? Sagan? Che?

You're just going to legitimize it.

Stop before you inflame the thread further.

It's satire. It's not TROLLING.

Trolling is when I say some shit specifically to make you mad with no other purpose but to make you mad

Satire is when I make a joke out of a social situation as a means to show to you how silly that situation can get if taken to it's logical extreme.

OP isn't trolling. He just satirized a bunch of people who a) didn't know they were the target and b) aren't used to spotting satire in the first place.

Godslay

Banned
There's a difference between them, one is bought digitally while the other is physically. Nobody is stopping you to buy/sell a CD or a DVD or even a Videogame today. Microsoft wants to exert control over physical purchases just like they do in the digital purchases. They want to take away the full ownership you're entitled to have when you buy something physical.

You could argue that the game exists in physical form on your HDD. It's just a storage medium. Why can't you exchange that like every other physical purchase?

The fact of the matter is that you don't own the code that exists on either the disc or the HDD. You really don't own the bits that comprise the program. You are licensing the right to use the software as the owner of the software sees fit.

It's a hard concept for most to understand because we are used to having physical copies that we can do what we want with. Companies have been moving away from that for some time now, and other companies have made the full dip. IOS, Android, Steam (to a certain degree), games on PC, Itunes, Kindle, XBLA, PSN, etc.

I can't honestly sit here and say that I'm against it when I've supported it. I've bought digital content on every system I've named above. It really doesn't bother me. I feel that I've been offered a fair price for what I received in the transaction. It will be no different with the X1.

Nilaul

If you want to make a poster, why not just make one that

----------------------------

[shows x1]

-------------

WILL CHARGE YOU
EXTRA $60 TO UNLOCK
USED GAMES.

"Think of them as
new"

----------------------------

Instead of something that requires people to stop and read poorly chosen fonts?

This is actually a cool idea for a poster.

SimplyJah

I'm almost glad all these negative features that have some people in conniptions aren't making more waves right now; I want MS to think they can get away with it.

If they don't change any of these things and they completely suffer for it; it will be very satisfying. If they do take any of these horrible things out, people will benefit. If they don't change anything and they completely get away with it after all; well then chances are the industry was gonna move to such a lame space anyway and consoles continue to become a less and less attractive option for me personally.

Also, I really wish Sony would run a disgustingly negative marketing campaign featuring all these garbage facets of XBone like 8 weeks before the holiday launch windows. They would benefit immensely from it.

Godslay

Banned
I'm almost glad all these negative features that have some people in conniptions aren't making more waves right now; I want MS to think they can get away with it.

If they don't change any of these things and they completely suffer for it; it will be very satisfying. If they do take any of these horrible things out, people will benefit. If they don't change anything and they completely get away with it after all; well then chances are the industry was gonna move to such a lame space anyway and consoles continue to become a less and less attractive option for me personally.

I'm with you bro. I'm gonna fap so hard when Mattrick is crying in a corner!

sibarraz

Banned
I know this is a joke thread, but know I want to see someone do a propaganda with soviet artstyle

Like the ones from WWII

~ZIO~

Neo Member
I'm actually rather interested in the notion of someone from this community going out and making public appearances and earning slots on talk shows to preach about these infringements the market is making on our rights.

That is an entertaining thought.

Top Bottom