• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

~ GAMERS FIGHT BACK! ~ Posters KIT ready to print to inform sheeples about the X1

This is stupid, but what else can they do?

This used game issue is the line in the sand. Let them spread the word in their own stupid way.

ec0ec0

GIVE ME SOME TIME AND EVERYONE IN MY VILLAGE WILL KNOW IT!!! I hope that people know english... (i live in spain).

My favorite part - envisioning people walking around with the "say no" tags, with literally no purpose to them. Haha. I mean, wtf would you even do with them?

ox5SfpF.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Last month 3DS e-shop games, Android apps/games, iTunes album, your point?

Why is it okay there, but not for this ecosystem? Can you trade in or lend any of those, bar ripping an itunes CD? Not likely without piracy of some sort.

You are buying the same thing. Software. MS is exerting control over it just like so many other companies, but it's not okay for them. Double standard or hypocrisy depending on how you look at it.

If you want to make a poster, why not just make one that

----------------------------

[shows x1]

-------------

WILL CHARGE YOU
EXTRA $60 TO UNLOCK
USED GAMES.

"Think of them as
new"

----------------------------

Instead of something that requires people to stop and read poorly chosen fonts?

Man, the 60's protesters (Who are now Republicans, but whatever...) are really ashamed of you sheeple! I mean, damn, at some point you have to get off your ass and say "No, it's not okay to fuck me over just because I bought your earlier consoles." At some point you have to grow a pair! I'm gonna walk a picket line in front of Walmart on release day saying "Don't Get Xboned!"

Who's with me?

Yeah...

I thought so.....

*sigh*

teiresias

Seems pretty ridiculous, but honestly not anymore ridiculous than the PR coming out of Microsoft. In addition, if MS is going to spend millions misinforming customers, and pay to get gaming journalism sites to tow their line, then I can't in good conscience be too judgmental towards someone who simply wants to try and set the record straight - even if it is fruitless or not done terribly effectively.

UberTag

OP, How about everyone who hates it just stop talking about it and don't buy one. LOL
They tried doing that when Microsoft started charging people a fee to play online and look where it got them.

They turn a blind eye to everything and it'll become the accepted standard and then Sony and Nintendo will do it and they'll no longer have anywhere left to turn and be forced to play board games.

And then Hasbro will send their lawyers to their house and say, no no... only you can play Monopoly. We're confiscating your other tokens unless your friends pay us a fee to own the game, too. Now surrender your thimble and scottie dog.

G-Fex

Shuri I think you should lead a whole group of specialized gamers in this crusade.

You should form the Disruptor's Of Righteous Kinect Software

Man, this thread is something else. GAF on fire these past few days.

I enjoy Gaf for the entertainment. But it makes me feel out of touch with Gaf. As an adult things like the One's DRM policies just don't bum me out like they do your average gafer. I've been reading Gaf since the the early gaming-age days and it just seems very radical anymore. I own a Wii U and will get a XBone and PS4.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I can tell this was made by a big Nintendo fan. How? Mentions of Gamecube games, Pikmin and playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time in the same paragraph. Twin Snakes is just..no, it doesn't count.

UberTag

I'm in. I'll be posting them around my local game stores.
You'll probably have some success posting them there.

No used games is a threat to every mom-and-pop indie gaming store in the country.
They will not be included in Microsoft's new "accepted used game" policy... only approved resellers like GameStop will.

Now you might be saying, "UberTag, you don't know that. What if there's a way for people to deactivate their games from their Xbox One and get a token they can sell."

My response to that will be, "And how will any of those people you're selling your token to KNOW it's a valid token until they've already given you their money and tried activating it themselves. An indie game store isn't going to have a way of confirming that."

So yeah, print these posters at every local game store you can find. Their livelihood is at stake!

colinp

Banned
This thread made my day. Well played, reactions, responses and all. I'm trying so so hard not to laugh at work.

You'll probably have some success posting them there.

No used games is a threat to every mom-and-pop indie gaming store in the country.
They will not be included in Microsoft's new "accepted used game" policy... only approved resellers like GameStop will.

Now you might be saying, "UberTag, you don't know that. What if there's a way for people to deactivate their games from their Xbox One and get a token they can sell."

My response to that will be, "And how will any of those people you're selling your token to KNOW it's a valid token until they've already given you their money and tried activating it themselves. An indie game store isn't going to have a way of confirming that."

So yeah, print these posters at every local game store you can find. Their livelihood is at stake!

Good idea I'll do that tomorrow.

ultron87

My favorite part - envisioning people walking around with the "say no" tags, with literally no purpose to them. Haha. I mean, wtf would you even do with them?

ox5SfpF.jpg
Before I zoomed in I was hoping it had a Xbox One tyranny help hot line number or something. But it being totally useless is even better.

Top Bottom