• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that are far from perfect that you really enjoyed

It's hilarious really. I bought a N64 Cartridge 2 weeks ago.

I tried to play it on rare replay about 10 years ago and I just think if you didn’t play it back when it was new and state of the art it’s really really hard to play because of the controls. And since I don’t have any nostalgia for it, I just had no patience to try and learn however that game needed me to manipulate the controller.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

FFXV is a great example. I was never hyped for it at all, not even when it was FFvsXIII. "It's like Kingdom Hearts without the Disney stuff!" just wasn't an enticing elevator pitch to me. But I was still an FF fanboy for better or worse, so I knew I'd play it whenever it finally made its way through development hell. It came out, I started playing it with very little joy in my heart, but when it was over I thought, "Y'know, that was actually not too bad!"

I guess I'll say every Assassin's Creed from Unity onwards. I always have a great time with them, but everyone says they're actually generic godawful pieces of shit, so...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I tried to play it on rare replay about 10 years ago and I just think if you didn’t play it back when it was new and state of the art it’s really really hard to play because of the controls. And since I don’t have any nostalgia for it, I just had no patience to try and learn however that game needed me to manipulate the controller.
It's a bit difficult to play but gets easier to play over time. Then again I had plenty of experience playing Turok series and how jank it was to use the C buttons.

Top Bottom