• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that slipped through the cracks on you in 2023

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
2023 was absolutely stacked and there’s only so many hours in a day. Any games you had every intention of buying and playing but didn’t for whatever reason? Personally I had a bunch.

- jagged alliance 3. Huge fan of the old games. Too busy playing other things and now I might as well wait for a decent sale.
- Dead Space remake. Same as above.
- Wo Long. Started it on gamepass and was really liking it. That first real boss was amazing. I got distracted and never went back.
- Metroid Prime Remaster. Have a physical copy I never even opened.
- Meet Your Maker. Super interesting concept and people seemed to like it. Never got around to it.
- Etrian Odyssey Collection. I adore this series but the price tag was tough and I have just been so busy with other games.
-Megaman Battlenet Collection. Same as above.
-Sea of Stars. Loved the demo. Loved The Messenger. But I’m balls deep in BG3 and Starfield at the moment.

StereoVsn

Yep, some of the above are on my list. Dead Space, most of Hogwarts, Sea of Stars, Jedi Survivor and more, I was either waiting for patching or playing something else.

I completely forgot about Jagged Alliance 3 and 2 is one of my favorite games.

And it's not like release situation is going to get better. Cyberpunk expansion and rehaul is coming and then Spiderman 2 afterwards.

NeonDelta

haven’t played much this year for some reason. ragnarok and starfield the only games I’ve put more than 15 hours into.

Haven't bought the following which I fully intended to

resident evil 4
jedi survivor
diablo 4
baldurs gate 3

bought but not played more than an hour

hogwarts
dead space

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m convinced next year will go back to the only a few good games only standard we’ve had for so long. That will allow me to catch up on some of the games.

Currently I’m balls deep in starfield.

I plan to go back to or buy:
Jedi survivor
Sea of stars
BG3
FF16
Anonymous Code
Zelda ToTK
Shadow Gambit the cursed crew

I plan to still possibly purchase and play:
Spider-Man 2
Alan wake 2
Phantom Liberty
Lords of the fallen
Lies of P
Mortal Kombat 1
EA FC 2023
Call of Duty MW3
WRC 2023
AC Mirage

I’m likely forgetting something. I do also plan to do the next season of Diablo 4 in October as well.

Oh and I stumbled upon competitive rhythm game e sports and am considering dropping like $300 for a controller and songs for Sound Voltex or Beatmania Infinitas.

Edellus

2023? I'm still late for 2022 games. The only game from this year that I've managed to play is FF16 (and only because I'm kind of a fan of the series).

Pretty hardcore of you to play huge games such as BG3 and Starfield at the same time, though.

Neon Xenon

Wo Long was something I was keeping an eye on. Tried the demo on PC, and as someone that feverishly likes how Nioh plays, I just could not get into Wo Long. There were also performance issues that didn't help my experience with it. Maybe I'll give the game another shot at some point.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Currently Playing: Starfield

In the order I want to or will eventually play ones I skipped:
  1. BG3
  2. Jedi Survivor
  3. Sea of Starts
Games I started and need to get back to:
  1. Diablo IV
  2. FFXVI
Games I still want to play Day 1 in order of priority:
  1. Mario Wonder (with my kids)
  2. Spider-Man 2 (for my youngest who is Spider obsesses)
  3. CyberPunk expansion
  4. Alan Wake
  5. AssCreed
  6. Avatar

This year is insane when it comes to games.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
2023 "was"? It's September my good man

Beechos

So far jedi and buldurs gate 3. Bg3 I def plan on playing but didn't want to get into it with starfield so close.

Justin9mm

haven’t played much this year for some reason. ragnarok and starfield the only games I’ve put more than 15 hours into.

Haven't bought the following which I fully intended to

resident evil 4
jedi survivor
diablo 4
baldurs gate 3

bought but not played more than an hour

hogwarts
dead space
This is not a popular opinion, but I got about 60-70% through dead space and got bored, I just couldn't be bothered anymore. The gameplay did not age well. Playing the remake now, it's too slow and feels like a slog. Not my type of game anymore. I have completed RE4R and Jedi Survivor out of your list, which I both liked. Much more fun to play.

Kings Field

Starfield for me. I have it downloaded but don’t have the time for it right now. Playing TCM, AC6, and going to play Remnant 2 after I’m done with AC6. Probably next year I’ll get around to it.

Markio128

There are quite a few games I’ve skipped this year with Armoured Core, Jedi Survivor, Dead Space being examples. I’m also saving RE4 for the VR mode.

I still need to get back to TOTK at some point - I’m kind of holding on for news on the Switch 2 and a potential upgrade for the game.

BlackTron

The real mega year will be 2024 because it will have

-2023 games for cheap
-Switch 2
-Traction for true next gen should finally hit critical mass

It's gonna be insane

Top Bottom