• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that were never cancelled but probably aren't releasing? (AGENT)

RootCause

Nah that's still happening under Sumo, and the preorders are still up on Amazon and Gamestop. Now I do bet the game has undergone a drastic change and will more than likely be shown off again at E3 with a firm release date this time.

Really? I never got this update. :p
I thought it was stuck on Limbo. Hope they didn't change it too much.

What's the over under on her appearing in the next Travis Touchdown project?

70%

Suda has said he wants to include other characters of his in that project and the character designer of No More Heroes, and the recent Fire Emblems, Yūsuke Kozaki did a bunch of work for Lily that had to be thrown out.

The only other Suda games he worked on were the downloadable titles Liberation Maiden and Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day.

Hiw about the Wii Vitaly Sensor?

4 years ago:
https://www.engadget.com/2013/07/05/nintendo-wii-vitality-sensor-dead/

Inconsistent results

FeMui

Banned
It deserves to be for the name alone.

Not because it's sexist or anything, because it's fucking awful and so edgy tryhard it's laughable.

I doubt it's sexist. Check the third definition.

6eda4b26d5df4d8461ccbc2841409999.png

And the game takes place in a corrupt Shanghai of the 1930's in the hands of Western powers, filled with mob crime and political trouble. I think it's a pretty neat title.

DOWN

Banned

Not because it's sexist or anything, because it's fucking awful and so edgy tryhard it's laughable.

I doubt it's sexist. Check the third definition.

6eda4b26d5df4d8461ccbc2841409999.png

And the game takes place in a corrupt Shanghai of the 1930's in the hands of Western powers, filled with mob crime and political trouble. I think it's a pretty neat title.
I like the title. Shanghai was really nicknamed by some that at the time. That said, I have no problem with them changing it to something more palatable to the masses.

dsier

Survivor by Replay Studios. I read about it in some magazine back in 2007. It was supposed to be an action-adventure type game where you played as survivors of multiple, real catastrophes (sinking of the Titanic and 9/11 were mentioned I believe).

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Survivor by Replay Studios. I read about it in some magazine back in 2007. It was supposed to be an action-adventure type game where you played as survivors of multiple, real catastrophes (sinking of the Titanic and 9/11 were mentioned I believe).

Wow, I didn't remember this. Thanks!

What about Acid Ghost featuring Eminem?
I kid, I kid

MUnited83

For you.

The title actually makes a lot of sense historically.

Good luck trying to get retailers to display a videogame with that name though.

Saskabush

I'm starting to think that Camelot Unchained will never be released. It's been almost 4 years and it still seems to be in the concept stage.

sn00zer

I believe many of these kind of things are due to preproduction art and concept being finished, and can be put on the shelf as a potential cheap alternative.

KORNdoggy

City of Metronome

met_mainstr.jpg

For the record, i'm still hopefull this happens one day.

Another one i don't remeber ever being officially cancelled which i loved the look of was The Outsider

198589-outsiderjpg.jpg

G0523

Apparently, Mighty No. 9 for 3DS and Vita was never cancelled, probably so Comcept won't have to give back the money that was donated on their Kickstarter. There's no way they're releasing that now with all the backlash and crap that the game has.

Jinroh

Well, technically many prototypes like Resident Evil 1.5, 3.5, etc. They don't really fit the description of cancelled games but they were totally different games than what we ended up getting.

Cuphead :( Game was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

Cupheads def coming, it was originally going to just a boss rush game then they decided to add some platforming which added a bunch of dev time from what I remember. I'd put money on seeing it at E3 this year.

I bought Tony Hawk 5 for $5 earlier this year and was amused to see this on the back cover:

Sony puts Sackboy, Sweet Tooth and Ratchet and Microsoft puts two similar looking characters from an unreleased indie game and the regular human face of the default appearance of an avatar.

Schlorgan

Cupheads def coming, it was originally going to just a boss rush game then they decided to add some platforming which added a bunch of dev time from what I remember. I'd put money on seeing it at E3 this year.

I feel like it's been at the last several E3's. That's a pretty safe bet.

Top Bottom