• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that were never cancelled but probably aren't releasing? (AGENT)

WHY THE FUCK... I hate everybody involved in canceling this game!!! It's not because I thought it was an awesome game or a nice concept or anything! I am not the person that cares thaaat much if a game gets canceled or not. BUT! I hade a dream BEFORE the game was announced! It was a very weird, but somewhat realistic feeling dream. I was walking down the street at night in a big city and across the street I saw a girl being harassed by three guys in black suits(I think it was in front of a hotel IIRC). There was nobody else besides me. The whole street was deserted and that didn't feel normal. I ran across the street to help her! Suddenly, as I approach, she pulls out a sword/katana out of nowhere(kinda like Noctis) and cuts her harassers to pieces! Instead of dropping dead those guys disappeared like smoke, slowly fading away. I slowed down from running and approached her and asked her literally "Who the fuck are you?". She said "Lilly Bergamo" and BAM I woke up. I was pretty confused, because I remembered the dream and her clearly. I rarely remember dreams, but I didn't think too much of it. Days or weeks later the game was announced. I was in shock and super confused! Some time later the game got canceled and I was really disappointed. I wanted to know if there was ANY connection to my dream, but that got taken away from me and I am very angry because of it.
Is this pasta?

Mergesort

Copy paste? Source?
Source: My dreams. I am not kidding, it does sound weird, but I didn't make it up or anything. As I said, I am not the kinda guy that cares too much if games get canceled. I never played them, so what? But the cancellation of Lily Bergamo really killed me, not because I thought it might be a great game, but because I felt a connection. Damn, I know how weird that sounds. Otherwise, I am pretty sane and I wouldn't come up with anything like that.
Seek help

I am good now, might have needed it at the time, but now I am just angry because of the reminder. Who would you ask for help?

uh...wat?

if this isn't a copy paste, or maybe even if it is, you're my new supreme leader

wut

this has insane copy-pasta potential

Your dream was caused by electrical infetterance.

Is this pasta?

I really didn't make this up, wouldn't event want to make the effort of making that up. Damn, I feel sad and angry again, but mostly confused.

Edit: Had to look up what pasta is. No it's not a story, it's what I experienced, believe it or not.

J-Skee

If Agent happens to be real, no way Rockstar North is working on that, right? It would most likely go to another internal dev. Or maybe even hand it off to someone at 2K.

WHY THE FUCK... I hate everybody involved in canceling this game!!! It's not because I thought it was an awesome game or a nice concept or anything! I am not the person that cares thaaat much if a game gets canceled or not. BUT! I hade a dream BEFORE the game was announced! It was a very weird, but somewhat realistic feeling dream. I was walking down the street at night in a big city and across the street I saw a girl being harassed by three guys in black suits(I think it was in front of a hotel IIRC). There was nobody else besides me. The whole street was deserted and that didn't feel normal. I ran across the street to help her! Suddenly, as I approach, she pulls out a sword/katana out of nowhere(kinda like Noctis) and cuts her harassers to pieces! Instead of dropping dead those guys disappeared like smoke, slowly fading away. I slowed down from running and approached her and asked her literally "Who the fuck are you?". She said "Lilly Bergamo" and BAM I woke up. I was pretty confused, because I remembered the dream and her clearly. I rarely remember dreams, but I didn't think too much of it. Days or weeks later the game was announced. I was in shock and super confused! Some time later the game got canceled and I was really disappointed. I wanted to know if there was ANY connection to my dream, but that got taken away from me and I am very angry because of it.

*blank stare*

Errrrrr.....what?

Aaaaand that's another one for my Copypasta book.

Cheever

Six Days in Fallujah.

#FucKonami.

This wasn't officially cancelled?

It should have been smh

That project died in 2009 when the Pres' couldn't get another publisher -- he was too protective of the IP. Publishers wanted some part of the pie for helping out. Sony America was ecstatic, but Sony Japan said no because they sold products in the Middle East. EA was interested if they could call it Metal of Honor: Fallujah. There were others like Bethesda and some Russian outfit.

Cheever

>Prey 2

I'm crying. Almost finished but Bethesda fucked over the developers so now it isn't ever going to be finished or released. Prey (2017) now wears the carcass of the fallen, beautiful game Prey 2 looked to be.

Here's a fun blast from the past found in some old notes... a map of one of the city hubs on Exodus. The Bowery was where the game demo took place. Three other hubs existed. The fourth one was put on ice for DLC.

tBxU55k.png

I'm starting to think that Camelot Unchained will never be released. It's been almost 4 years and it still seems to be in the concept stage.

Eh, they've run Alphas and are about to hit Beta 1. A lot of people are posting about games that were announced and then nothing else was ever seen of them again.

There was a game that was announced for the Wii (not Sadness) that was kind of gritty and there was footage of it but no name... I can't find anything on it anymore.

VertPin

wat

EctoPrime

With delay after delay you end up getting the feeling that the Wii U version of Darksiders is never being released even if the new date is in May.

Khaz

That Toki remake that was announced forever ago. I've always loved that game and really wanted that remake. Just did a quick search and didn't see anything saying it's been officially cancelled, but I'm guessing it has. Too bad, looked like it could have been cool.

Not officially, but the one-person studio folded and the guy is now making videos about UE4 on Patreon. Well, he made two for his single patron. The artist he hired to make the wonderful artwork is now working on a new Mr. Nutz game. https://translate.google.com/transl...t+bel+et+bien+fini+!.html#&edit-text=&act=url

HussiZooT

Agent...
It hurts.

Edit - In reality though, if Agent ever does come out (IF), will it still be a PlayStation exclusive? Or go Multiplat? And would R* North be working on it? Or are they working on the next GTA?

WHY IS R* ALWAYS SO SILENT ABOUT THEIR GAMES!

SpaceWolf

Banned

Jesus Christ.

I really worry about some of you people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Edit - In reality though, if Agent ever does come out (IF), will it still be a PlayStation exclusive? Or go Multiplat? And would R* North be working on it? Or are they working on the next GTA?

It undoubtedly became a multiplatform project at some point as Jack Tretton later began dodging the question of the game's exclusivity and deferring it to R*.

ranmafan

Top one for me easily was the Sakura Taisen spin off game that was being referred to as Kouma. This would've been a prequel game to the Sakura Taisen series that took place during the Kouma war in the series. Announced at the Sakura Taisen World Project event with a ton of other games in 2002, and was never heard of again in any form what so ever. Even with the minuscule amount of info we got on the game, I was excited for what could've come from it. And yet nothing ever came of it and it was never spoken of again as far as I know.

Also it was mentioned here before in the thread but that PS3 version of The Last Remnant has always been one I wanted to have. Its still listed as basically TBD on the Japanese website. And people still vote it into the the top most wanted games weekly in Famitsu. Sure there was that one event or interview or something where it was kinda implied it was canceled but the fact it still hasn't been listed as such is a surprise. Still wonder why that is. While I do have the 360 version, still wish it had come to PS3 as intended. Ill even take a new version on PS4 if they ever wanted to do it.

The Pope

Tag worthy

HussiZooT

It undoubtedly became a multiplatform project at some point as Jack Tretton later began dodging the question of the game's exclusivity and deferring it to R*.

Oh right.

Well, at this moment, even if the game surfaces is celebration enough for all of us - exclusivity or not.

eot

Banned

Classic.

Top Bottom