• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you would play more on the go?

suikodan

With the DS and PSP, what are the games (coming out for real or not) that you normally wouldn't play that much at home but a lot on an handheld?

I have some exemples:

Disciples 2 on the DS
Sims 2 on the PSP (if it's identical to the PC version, no quests shit)
Simcity would also be great.
RPGs like FFIV are great as well.

How about you?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
do you specifically mean away from home, or just not on a console? I generally play a lot of my handheld games at home, while the wife is watchign something else on TV, or listening to music.

I find v. fast, or v. slow games work well for me. So Burnout is surprisingly good, as is Advance Wars DS and Rebelstar (currently concentrating on Rebelstar to not get confused with two turn based games at once)

Jiggy

Puzzle games are pretty much it.
Some random games like, say, FF1&2 might see more play from me when they're portable, and some franchises like Pokemon just plain have better entries on the handheld systems--but in both cases that has to do with extra features and not the handheld system itself, whereas puzzle games are great specifically for their portability because of how they tend to be playable in short bursts.

A portable game shouldn't be daunting to pick up. Nor should it become immediately boring once you've done everything.

• Fun Action/Adventure games
• Easily digestable RPGs. Trim unneccessary dialogue, concentrate on making the fighting/levelling/collection fun.
• Racing games are okay if they dont become boring after unlocking the tracks. Burnout Legends style is the way to go!"
• Competitive / Party games - especially single cart or online
• "Non-games" (any software usually labelled with this might actually be a fun game after all)
• Puzzle games
• Music / Art games
• FPS & Shmups (again, especially if single cart or online)
• Point & Click Adventures FOR NINTENDO DS ALREADY!!

I'm thinking there of 2d/3d platformers, Zelda style adventure games, hack and slash games... racing games that get inventive with their tracks, or have loads of modes... Mario Party, Super Monkey Ball, Fusion Frenzy, Wario Ware Mega Party Games... practical PDA style software/applications you might use as a part of your everyday life, brain training software, or Nintendogs :) ... Soduko, Tetris, Lumines, Meteos, one line puzzle etc... Goldeneye 64 type software, Metroid Prime Hunters... DAY OF THE TENTACLE / SAM & MAX / THE DIG / INDIANA JONES / MONKEY ISLAND / #!~?!!

I'd also buy Pictochat-like software and spend a shitload of time using that if it went online. Sad but true.

Ponn

Banned
Age of Empires/Mythology - I would prefer this on DS even with a performance hit, just make it true to the original and not the weird ass one your are doing now.

EINHANDER!! Do it Square! Do it now! widescreen mode PSP please please

SRPG's (vandal hearts is good start)

Shmups

More arcade style games, bring back crazy taxi or start re-using that TMNT engine like they did with X-men and Simpsons. Hell re-use it over and over and just make them cheap 20 buck games, people will eat em up.

Fighters - Marvel vs. Capcom II PSP please!

Top Bottom