• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games UK: PS3 digital content to carry over to PS4 [Sony: Nope]

Baleoce

Source: https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/391239033872846848

ibkQEjhrF6gJxd.png

You have a source about this, right?

Can i assume you don't have?

Of course I don't have a source buddy. I know as much as you do about this. =)
But I am assuming that it will not be included in PS+.

Like I said, I´m not complaining. It was just an innocent question.

LTTP but seriously disappointed in this thread. You guys just made Shenmue 3 threads look like bastions of logic and reason.

Seriously, what the fuck people?

Famassu

Yeeeeeah, I don't think so. I mean, the purchases themselves will definitely carry over (as in, you'll see them in your downloaded list) and PS1 games will be playable if they've got an emulator for it implemented day 1, maybe even PS2 games down the road. But original PSN games? Lolno. I don't expect to be playing Guacamelee day 1 unless the devs port it over.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
That's shame, but can't see why it won't. Maybe different codecs.

Listen to this slowly. It's never going to happen.

EDIT: You're movies should work. We're talking games here.

iceatcs

Listen to this slowly. It's never going to happen.

EDIT: You're movies should work. We're talking games here.

No one though it is for game, you must be really crazy.
Everyone knew that there is no BC.

[edit] ah I saw first few pages, wow that's actually crazy people thought that. I assume they are not real and autosurf team.

hoos30

Sony emulated the entire Cell architecture overnight and GAME is the only one who knew about it?

Did anyone here actually believe that? If so, I have some PRIME real estate to sell you...

GAME should known better. This was obviously Gaikai. If you bought a digital game on ps3, it will be free on Gaikai. At least that's what i hope they heard.

They're were probably talking a bout games that eventually get ported or are just natively supported (Minis and something else I don't know about).

threads like this remind me of how some people seem to have difficulty processing the fact that "digitally downloaded" games are still real games.

Also reminds me of all the "I don't care about BC for discs, but I want it for my digital games!" posts from a few months ago.

edit: That said, there are still some cool things they could do with the fact that games are tied to your account (discounts on sequels, ported versions, etc.)

They missed a single, but important word in the Sony meeting they went to: Gaikai.
But that still makes their point valid.

You are assuming native - but the GAME guy never mentioned native. They didn't mention what the method would be.

With or without the mention of Gaikai it will, assuming it is a Gaikai feature as you propose, be possible to play your digitally purchased titles.

They're were probably talking a bout games that eventually get ported or are just natively supported (Minis and something else I don't know about).

Quite how this is a miss-communication is beyond me:

GAME Basildon said:
...yup, TLOU played on your Vita, streamed from your PS4 that you bought digitally for your PS3!

It sounds like straight up bullshit on their part.

Why would people expect this to be true, but only for digital games? As nice as that would be, it doesn't make any sense. The ps3 and ps4 are different architectures. You cant fit a square peg in a round whole, it doesn't matter if you are using your hands or a hammer, it just wont fit. If digital is going to work, physical will as well.

Woulda have been awesome news, but its totally silly.

But that still makes their point valid.

You are assuming native - but the GAME guy never mentioned native. They didn't mention what the method would be.

With or without the mention of Gaikai it will, assuming it is a Gaikai feature as you propose, be possible to play your digitally purchased titles.

Uhm yes, everything they said suggested Gaikai from the start, where did I say otherwise?

Quite how this is a miss-communication is beyond me:

It sounds like straight up bullshit on their part.

Why is that bullshit?

If The Last of Us is going to be available on the Gaikai service, then you'll be able to do exactly that through PS4 Remote Play.

LAA

The dominant Game's retailer in the UK...

Ha ha, just how am I not surprised they don't know what they're talking about, less than 0 respect for them honestly. Overpriced, no passion and their stupid policies...
They couldnt accept a pre owned PSP, why you ask, cause there were small scratches on the screen...

...What were they expecting?! A brand new PSP? I bet the ones that are without scratches are sold as new knowing them as well. CEX did a similar thing to my Dad, bought a phone of him as B grade I think, and sold it as A grade, ha ha, the honesty of the retailers.

rjinaz

I'd still like to know what they misunderstood. It had to be gaikai right? It's pretty specific so unless they were straight out lying, there still might be some revealing information to be had.

Edit: Turns off lights. Click.

Top Bottom