• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where using the bathroom, other bodily functions, are a game mechanic.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I recently made a thread about Digimon World 1, and I think, looking things over, one of the most oddly memorable aspects of that game was the fact that going to the bathroom---a rather crude action that a lot of media tend to outright avoid---played a major role in the game. I'm not really the type of person who appreciates crude humor like that usually, I hate fart jokes, and don't like discussing bathroom habits with others, but I thought it'd provide for an interesting topic:

Games that utilize going to the bathroom, and other bodily functions, as a gameplay mechanic. The first thing that came to my mind was No More Heroes, but I don't know if that exactly counts, since it's not really a gameplay mechanic...it's just how you save the game. Beyond that, I think there was that one PS2 game where you played as a dog, and could shit places. I can't really think of anything else. But I did think of something that'd be interesting to see...a lot of games have hunger meters, and you can get worn out, but how come there's not any roguelikes where you have a piss meter and need to find a toilet? That'd be a corny, but sort of interesting game mechanic I think that I would like to experience. This is something that happens to all of us, so should it really be taboo for games? Everyone's had a situation where they had to race for a bathroom---I think you could easily make a game where the goal was to reach a bathroom in time. It doesn't have to be crude, over-the-top gross out either, just the implication that these characters have to deal with mundane issues like this would be a breath of fresh air, so to speak.

Please try to keep this thread relatively clean and not too gross. I thought it was sort of an interesting topic that could be discussed in a mature way.

It has been a while since I've played it, but I believe you could urinate on people in Postal/Postal 2 as a means of distraction, getaway (peeing on people would make them vomit, thus you had a few seconds to run away) and, obviously, assault. You could also put fires out with pee.

Caronte

The Sims, of course.

If you go to the bathroom while being sick in Persona 3 you can sometimes be in good condition again.

Edit: Beaten.

ArrrrghX

Neo Member
Duke Nukembahrooms always held a place in my heart.

Duke Returns also had some interesting...
Fecal play in the opening scene

Need a pic for NMH OP!! Saving in No More Heroes was as easy as sitting on the porcelain throne

ROhdVJ0.jpg

Windforce

Sleeping is a mechanic in several jRPGs. HP/MP restored next morning!

I think I remember peeing in bathrooms of Duke Nukem 3D but I don't remember what effect it had...

Corpekata

Banned
Struggling to think of how they could be used mechanically that aren't just slight iterations of hunger and sleep meters. And most games where those are present (save the sims) tend to involve exploring wilderness or hellholes so peeing on the closest tree would probably suffice.

Pretty much every example posted is what it will always be, easy jokes and nothing more.

mazpratim

Sonic Boom, the whole game is a turd

In Live-A-Live, if you use the toilet, you get your friend's mom's panties as a piece of equipment

gugeifer

Catherine - You watch pictures and receive scary messages in bathroom.

Olso, I thought Hohokum is in whole about those bodily functions and everything that comes out o_O

Crayolan

In Conker's Bad Fur Day there's an area of the game where Conker gets heavily drunk and can use his piss as a weapon.

DR2K

Banned
I ran to the bathroom and threw up after playing FF13. It got better after 20 hours.

The vomiting that is

Kade

I might be remembering this wrong but in The Ship, stealth becomes difficult if you don't use the washroom when you need to because your character keeps farting. Also, if you don't shower flies start following you around and are noisy. When you're hungry your stomach grumbles as well.

Mephala

You can use dung from monsters as a resource in Monster Hunter series.

You can and need to drink in Fallout games.
DrinkRadiatedToiletWater.png

In Rune Factory 4 you level up your sleeping, bathing and eating skills.

You can sit on the toilets in Animal Crossing New Leaf. It flushes when you hop off.

the ship, source game. Having to shower or urinate/poop when someone's out there to murder you is a great deal of tension.

Jawmuncher

Dead rising have to run to the bathroom to save was mechanic enough for me. Since unlike no more heroes there were many through out the mall and you might have to brave certain death to get to them. Plus later on you used them as fast travel points across the map.

Damn I want to play some DR now.

I remember using it very often when i played Postal 2, altho it was not in a bathroom and more on men's faces :)

That game really brought out the silly in me hahaha, the things i did oh my.

BouncyFrag

The Binding of Isaac - The whole game is basically about pee and poop! Oh and some bible stuff is in there too.
Finding petrified poop always makes me happy. Gotta get those coins! There is also a card that will fill all of the unused spaces in a room with poop. I love the game, but if I overly think about all of the items in it, I get a little creeped out.

Top Bottom