• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where you have spent the most on DLC/Microtransactions?

PlayStation Home over $2000
Atleast 4 PlayStation Home successors coming to PS4......
giphy.gif
Woah ... How?

1) Battlefield 4 season pass
2) Rocksmith songs
3) Old Hunters / Driveclub season pass
4) A few boosters and half Naxxramas on Hearthstone

I think that's all.

butalala

I should take some time to add this up someday, but it's got to be either...

1. TF2: a few keys (in moments of weakness) and a couple of backpack expansions. Never any weapons or hats.

2. Smash Bros for Wii U: All DLC characters and stages, no Mii costumes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Rock Band DLC. Don't know how much total, but I've got a lot of songs! Don't regret it though.

i wasn't even aware that you could spend money in PSHome
Microtransactions were the sole reason Home lasted as long as it did. It was a breadwinner for Sony because some people would get hooked and spend hundreds.
I actually forgot about Home, and I also bought a few costumes. So I guess it's between that and TF2 for me.

Chillz0r

Banned
League, spent quite a lot on skins, didnt check how much in total (nor i want to) but at least i buy everything i like when its on sale... so its better, right? RIGHT? :(

Injustice God's Among Us for Wii U

$20 for characters and $9 in costumes.

They didn't even release the final two characters for fuck sake.

It's got to be Smash, because it is the only game where I felt like it was all essential to own.

That and Mario Kart 8. In fact, I'm shocked Nintendo didn't make more Mario Kart 8 DLC.

"Honorable" mention to Assassin's Creed 3, for being the only Season Pass I ever plunked down for.

I bought the CE Imperial Edition of ESO, the 2 dlc and also subbed every month since release on PS4. I have bought mounts, costumes and pets too. I seriously need to stop.

I don't usually buy dlc or season pass in games. Although this year seems to be the exception. I bought the Gold Edition of Assassin Creed Syndicate and the Juggernog Edition of Black Ops 3 that came with the season pass and Witcher 3 Wild Stone from Gamestop that has the cards included. (I should have waited since it's on sale for $14.99. I lost my receipt, other wise I would get price adjustment.)

Other then that, I can't think of anything else other than what I mentioned. But yeah, I have spent the most in ESO.

Tevren

Probably Warframe. Mostly all cosmetic stuff, along with weapon and frame slots. Zero regrets, the game is amazing and continues to grow and evolve while still being fun.

Call of Duty World at War. My friends and I got addicted to Zombies like a year after the game came out. Spent $45 on the map packs buying them piecemeal even though there was a cheaper season pass.

Javier

Most DLC: Everything in Fire Emblem: Awakening

Most Microtransactions: Around $100 on Simpsons: Tapped Out.

My top 2 ( most moeny spent )

- Rock band ( dlc for RB1, RB2, RB3 ) => a lot of money
- Street fighter 4

No regrets .. i really spent a LOT of time with both franchises

Carm

Marvel Heroes, north of $900
100% of heroes owned
90% of team up heroes owned
95% of costumes I want owned
All storage slots owned
Extremely minimal purchases of one time use items

Over 1000 hours played, though I haven't played since summer 2014, need to upgrade computer or hope for PS4 port

No Regrets

CNCOMICS

I've only spent money on DLC/Microtransactions for 7 games:
Crazy Market (Vita) - Had a nice sale on a coin pack that I couldn't pass
Halo 2 - Maps
Halo 3 - Maps
Arkham City - Harley's Revenge - The first time I've ever wanted my money back after purchasing something gaming related
Killzone: Mercenary - Various DLC
Halo MCC - Halo ODST - Never played it before
Smash Bros Wii U - Characters and Levels

Smash is the most I spent money on, followed by Halo 3 or 2.
Other than that, I just wait for GOTY editions or re-releases.

Car packs in Forza...
it started with "wow, so much money, for a single car", then "I kinda want that Mercedes, man..." then bought one... and another... later I wanted another from that same pack and at that point it would have been cheaper to buy the whole pack before picking single cars.
Now I just buy everything... (at least 50% of the cars I only try for 10-15 minutes then never use them again)

Alienfan

Mass Effect DLC. I need to own all of it, the thought of missing out on Mass Effect content makes me uneasy.

And the Battlefield 4 season pass (due to my friends buying it), which to my surprise, was actually worth the money I paid for it.

Mihos

Gold Member
I would buy them when they were called expansions in older MMOs, not I rarely if ever buy them unless you count buy the 'game of the year' editions years later.

Kaze2212

League of Legends. I only keep playing it with friends rarely, because I spent so much money on it ... :(

After that I probably spent the most on Hearthstone card packs.

Caffeine

$20 on league of legends was my max, most of the other time ill snag a season pass really cheap from someone sub $10

Top Bottom