• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where you have spent the most on DLC/Microtransactions?

Azzurri

Couple Hundred in:

Marvel Hero's
CS:GO
Hearthstone.

If you count monthly subs for MMO's, them way more than I like to know.

Jabba

Banned
Spent alot during my time playing Star Trek Online. I believe I spent $240 once in a month. Other months it was $100 or so.

I haven't spent any money on microtransactions, but I guess as far as DLC goes I bought all of the New Vegas DLC as it was released.

The Expansion pass for Witcher 3. 25€. And only because they´re actually expansions, like in the good old days.

And the season pass for Mario Kart 8.

Microtransactions? Nevah.

I've bought the LA Noire Season Pass for $3 or $4.

Sleeping Dogs DLC packs for $3 altogether.

Max Payne 3 Season Pass with game for $7.

Darksiders 2 Season Pass for $3.

Trials Fusion Season Pass for $6.

RDR complete game and DLC for $8.

There's other but you get the idea. I never pay full price for DLC. I plan to pick up Rocket League DLC eventually at full price. I think that's the only game where I have no problems paying full price.

Spades

I've almost certainly spent over £2000 on Madden over the past ~6 years. I've stopped playing Ultimate Team now, though, so haven't spent a penny on it this year (and probably never will in the future).

Other than that, About £40 worth of Silver in Destiny is my next chunk.

StereoVsn

Well, are we talking reasonable story DLCs like say Fallout 3/NV/Witcher/etc or BS stuff? If the former I have bought for quite a lot of games like the ones mentioned above, Bioshock, Deus Ex HR, etc.. And for the latter I wasted like $25 on NBA 2K15 card game for some reason.

LakeEarth

For sure $100-200 for more Rockband songs. It's actually become a detriment to the series. Since I made a Xbox 360 -> PS4 jump, I can't get transfer my DLC to Rockband 4. As a result, I can't bring myself to buy Rockband 4.

I love Harmonix so it makes me feel a little bad. I'll buy Amplitude to even it out.

I spent $5 on Mass Effect 3, and then spent $40 on its DLC.

That's more than I've spent on all other DLC combined.

The painful thing is I'll probably rebuy all the DLC for PC again too.

I've spent a lot of money on DLC, but Halo 5 was the first time I've ever participated in the microtransaction sinkhole. Paid about $50.

Logsi

World of Warcraft...

Realm Transfers, Race Changes, Faction Changes...

Spent far too much...got to be upwards of £500 if not more! :/

Eggbok

Woah ... How?

One of my favorite things to do in games is character customization and decorating. PlayStation Home was basically customization simulator. Every week there were new houses, new decorations, new furniture, new clothes. Then they added dances, vehicles, other random crap.

I also used PlayStation Home regularly with a lot of friends after school so I always felt like I was getting my moneys worth. Everything was getting used at some point, and this happened for 7 years. PlayStation Home is long gone now and the crazy thing is that I don't regret any of it.

On second thought, I feel pretty good about the money I've spent on TF2, now...

Haha glad I could help. :p

Top Bottom