• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

I've got another one for you GAF. This game was either for the Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis. It was a side scroller in which you controlled a mech and you had the option to customize it.

I don't think those are it, when customizing the mech you could switch out its head and legs possibly more. Also i think the first level may have been a moon or some similar location.

megalowho

There was this game on Apple IIGS that was kind of like Adventure but not Adventure. You were in a castle maze, and there were worms in the maze that could eat you. Then there was some short level inside the worm before escaping out it's butt. Think it was on a 5.25" floppy.

squidyj

There was a game on pc in the 90s. All I remember was it being science fiction based possibly taking place on a lunar or martian colony and fairly early in the game you do something with (either operate, or protect) a train which I believe was carrying some kind of fuel.

FryHole

There was this game on Apple IIGS that was kind of like Adventure but not Adventure. You were in a castle maze, and there were worms in the maze that could eat you. Then there was some short level inside the worm before escaping out it's butt. Think it was on a 5.25" floppy.

Reckon that'll be Think Quick!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/think-quick/screenshots

Maze with worms

http://www.mobygames.com/game/apple2/think-quick/screenshots/gameShotId,159625/

Worm belly escape

http://www.mobygames.com/game/apple2/think-quick/screenshots/gameShotId,159626/

N4Us

Does anyone happen to know the name of that shootemup game (it might be a PC game) that has artwork heavily inspired by HR Giger? It something close to 'Ghal'-something but it's been on my mind all day.

Brofield

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but it's bugging me because I can't find any more info on this game.

It's a kickstarter project, for PC, and based on alpha footage it looks really detailed. It features a mouse wearing medieval-styled clothes, and he fights rat skeletons in armour. Supposed to have a very heavy Redwall influence. The video showed this mouse walking around a pebble beach next to a great ocean.

I'm starting to doubt my sanity the more I think about it, but I'm pretty sure at least some part of the game's title has the word "Tail" in it, as a play on word of "Tale". Does anybody know this game, or even backed it?

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but it's bugging me because I can't find any more info on this game.

It's a kickstarter project, for PC, and based on alpha footage it looks really detailed. It features a mouse wearing medieval-styled clothes, and he fights rat skeletons in armour. Supposed to have a very heavy Redwall influence. The video showed this mouse walking around a pebble beach next to a great ocean.

I'm starting to doubt my sanity the more I think about it, but I'm pretty sure at least some part of the game's title has the word "Tail" in it, as a play on word of "Tale". Does anybody know this game, or even backed it?

Ghost of a Tale @ IndieGoGo seems like a good fit. It was funded.

Does anyone happen to know the name of that shootemup game (it might be a PC game) that has artwork heavily inspired by HR Giger? It something close to 'Ghal'-something but it's been on my mind all day.

Like a shmup? Galshell? Though I feel Giger influence shows up in a bunch of shmups.

eso76

Like a shmup? Galshell? Though I feel Giger influence shows up in a bunch of shmups.

interesting.
looking for yt vids of the game opened up a can..more like a barrel actually, of indie hentai remakes. Castlevanias and splatter house's mainly. At least 3 different hentai remakes of splatter house. Pervs must really like splatter house.

Trying to remember a game from about 12 years ago.

3rd person action game on PC, you played a viking and you could decapitate enemies. It had some mild puzzle solving in it as well.

I think the game started with an R.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Help me GAF Hivemind.

This is a MSX game where you controlled a car in a city. You had to drive around the city looking for... things and escape from other cars (I remember two cars?). You had to go around blocks to avoid them and, more importantly, you had to refuel your car on on a Gas Station. While you were on the gas Station, the other cars would still "follow" you and could catch up.

Everything was from a top-down perspective and, to really narrow things down, the game would be placed on a single screen - it wouldn't scroll or anything.

There were overpasses on the streets and.. that's pretty much all I can remember.

Anybody know which game is it?

FryHole

Help me GAF Hivemind.

This is a MSX game where you controlled a car in a city. You had to drive around the city looking for... things and escape from other cars (I remember two cars?). You had to go around blocks to avoid them and, more importantly, you had to refuel your car on on a Gas Station. While you were on the gas Station, the other cars would still "follow" you and could catch up.

Everything was from a top-down perspective and, to really narrow things down, the game would be placed on a single screen - it wouldn't scroll or anything.

There were overpasses on the streets and.. that's pretty much all I can remember.

Anybody know which game is it?

Well, this scrolls (but on a single map still), but otherwise fits I think - Highway Star? Top down, car adversaries, overpasses, gas petrol stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFcSwMYZN4

This one might be hard to explain....

When I was a kid there was this one arcade machine at my local movie theater that I have always wanted to play but never got the chance too.

It was a 2D platformer/sidescrolling racer (think like Megaman X/kirby gourmet race) . It had a Anime style going for it, The main character or poster girl looked a lot like Sailor moon to me, it might of been just my young mind associating the schoolgirl looks together. There were 3 other characters. I think one of them was a Samurai and another was Robot. In the demo tutorial it showed that you could wall jump like megaman X could. it looked almost identical.

Im not sure if it was Taito or a Konami game.

uh.....help me GAF?

batfax

Numan Athletics/Mach Breakers...? At least that's what comes to mind with the Sailor Moon-y schoolgirl and Samurai guy + racing. I don't recall doing Megaman X jumping though, so maybe not.

Effer

Early NES game (played it when I was like 6).

A platformer that involved descending into a large underground environment. (cave but with some man-made features). Spelunker is the closest game I've found, but I don't think that's the one. I really did get a mario/wrecking crew vibe from the original title. Or perhaps 6 year old me was drunk.

Edit: found it by watching a youtube video called "749 NES Games in 15 Minutes (North American Catalog)". Super Pitfall, and my god does it look awful. Time to go emulate and conquer this thing finally.

bronk

Banned
I used to play this game on a apple computer (maybe pc) around 95 i think? You played as a astronaut on the moon where u had to do math to get through each room that led deep into the moon. I remember the last boss was a mother brain wanna be or something. It was a learning game and i cannot find it been trying to figure it out for years.

batfax

Sure thing, Dimitri!

The most obvious one you might be looking for is Math Blaster, BigSkeet. Can't say which one it would be for sure since there was a bunch, but it should narrow it down a little.

jimboton

Early NES game (played it when I was like 6).

A platformer that involved descending into a large underground environment. (cave but with some man-made features). Spelunker is the closest game I've found, but I don't think that's the one. I really did get a mario/wrecking crew vibe from the original title. Or perhaps 6 year old me was drunk.

Maybe Legacy of the Wizard?

I don't have one anymore but until recently I remembered playing a demo at a Best Buy of a game a long time ago as a kid.

I remembered what it looked like and everything about it but I never learned the name.

Guess what it turned out to be?

HalfLife2Screen1.jpg

RaikuHebi

Banned
Not a game I remember, just a game name I want to know! (and is it any good? Because it looks good! And is it in English? I doubt it).

PS_Vita_PCH2000_screen_02-590x330.jpg

RaikuHebi, I did a quick google image search on that picture and found a video showing the Vita menus at a launch show and the game seems to be Conception by Spike Chunsoft. No idea if it's any good though.

edit: Beaten :)

RaikuHebi

Banned
That's Conception II, coming to the US April 15th.

RaikuHebi, I did a quick google image search on that picture and found a video showing the Vita menus at a launch show and the game seems to be Conception by Spike Chunsoft. No idea if it's any good though.

edit: Beaten :)

Thanks guys! Great to know it's getting localised.

I was thinking of doing a reverse image search myself but didn't think it would be any good!

Looking at Wiki:
"Conception II is a role-playing video game with turn-based battles.[4] The game has been compared to the Persona series of video games.". That's the exact reason it looks interesting to me lol, the artwork and layout of the text and characters reminds me exactly of Persona.

Summoner

Looking for the name of a C64 game I played on cassette. It was a vertical driving game like Road Rash, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't attack from the sides. Your vehicle(can't remember if it was motorbike or car type) could only shoot forward(projectiles from its canon).

I don't think this was set in modern times or was a racing game. Not only did you have to shoot and be wary of other opposing vehicles. You would get these Black or Yellow(I think)balls(probably from these enemies) that come out of nowhere and destroy your vehicle.

I'm sorry my description is quite vague. I only remember those damn BALLS!!

Maybesew

Ok, SNES baseball game where you could give your hitters special powers like a line drive that would never land and would carry fielders all the way to the wall, or an exploding hit with a bomb icon that would explode when it landed.

sk0rncobra

Neo Member
Hi Gaf! I hope somebody can help me out
My girlfriend described this to me and I instantly thought of 2xtreme until I showed a clip on youtube to her and said it wasn't it.

It was a extreme sports racing game for the original playstation.
You raced a marathon through different locales like Rome.
You can change the color of your bike/rollerblades/skateboard.
You can do tricks.
Better graphics than 2xtreme (at least not as pixelated).

Thanks for the help!

Redhood

I have one for you GAF!
It was on PS1. Platformer. Used pre rendered models and backgrounds. In arabia setting with a guy in a turban and sword. No its not POP. Also had some water levels. Used passwords for levels. Sadly that is all I remember.

FryHole

Ok, SNES baseball game where you could give your hitters special powers like a line drive that would never land and would carry fielders all the way to the wall, or an exploding hit with a bomb icon that would explode when it landed.

Maybe Super Baseball Simulator 1.000

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/11/virtually-overlooked-super-baseball-simulator-1-000/

Hi Gaf! I hope somebody can help me out
My girlfriend described this to me and I instantly thought of 2xtreme until I showed a clip on youtube to her and said it wasn't it.

It was a extreme sports racing game for the original playstation.
You raced a marathon through different locales like Rome.
You can change the color of your bike/rollerblades/skateboard.
You can do tricks.
Better graphics than 2xtreme (at least not as pixelated).

Thanks for the help!

... it's not 3xtreme, is it?

Jucksalbe

Banned
I have one for you GAF!
It was on PS1. Platformer. Used pre rendered models and backgrounds. In arabia setting with a guy in a turban and sword. No its not POP. Also had some water levels. Used passwords for levels. Sadly that is all I remember.

Arabic setting makes me think of Iznogoud. Not sure about the rest.

Looking for the name of a C64 game I played on cassette. It was a vertical driving game like Road Rash, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't attack from the sides. Your vehicle(can't remember if it was motorbike or car type) could only shoot forward(projectiles from its canon).

I don't think this was set in modern times or was a racing game. Not only did you have to shoot and be wary of other opposing vehicles. You would get these Black or Yellow(I think)balls(probably from these enemies) that come out of nowhere and destroy your vehicle.

I'm sorry my description is quite vague. I only remember those damn BALLS!!

Spy Hunter?
spy_hunter_03.gif

Top Bottom