• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

DodgerSan

Wizard Willy, I think.

showscreen.cgi

No that seems more of a platformer. This was more flying around as the bird. The wizard could shoot lightning also I think.

Casanova

Some tank game for the NES, not the ones mentioned on the first page, I've already looked through all of them..

It was an overhead view and the maps moved side to side. You would start the level automatically and couldn't stop yourself you would just have to predict and make the right moves to make it through the level.

Also, a boat game.. All I remember is one level where you had to shoot these serpent hydra things, then you reach a circle that protected you from enemy boats..

I couldn't remember the game Yo! Noid for the longest time but I eventually remembered. Yo! Noid seriously gave me nightmares, sleep terrors, and anxiety as a kid. Not only was the game incredibly difficult for a young child, but the noids were so damn creepy, it could be in a horror flick.

mclem

Some tank game for the NES, not the ones mentioned on the first page, I've already looked through all of them..

It was an overhead view and the maps moved side to side. You would start the level automatically and couldn't stop yourself you would just have to predict and make the right moves to make it through the level.

If it's a dune buggy and not a tank, I think it could be BreakThru!

If it's a futuristic jetski thing and not a tank, how about Seicross?

I need to know this arcade game I played before.
- Graphics were SNES/Genesis
- Theme was medieval and you could pick from the usual medieval archetypes. I know there's a wizard.
- It's a beat-em-up, and I think you could do 4-player coop like the old Turtles games.
- I think you can access some... items, but they're all blanked out at first. I remember one of them was a ring.

duckroll

I need to know this arcade game I played before.
- Graphics were SNES/Genesis
- Theme was medieval and you could pick from the usual medieval archetypes. I know there's a wizard.
- It's a beat-em-up, and I think you could do 4-player coop like the old Turtles games.
- I think you can access some... items, but they're all blanked out at first. I remember one of them was a ring.

Capcom's King of Dragons? It's probably not the D&D games or you would remember better right? Riiiight?

So, I remember this game I used to play as a kid(around 5-7 years old, I'm 25 btw)..it was a Disney game, although I don't remember the main character;
I remember the game having cartoon-like graphics, I also remember a level with teapots, sweets etc, and another set in some kind of factory.
I don't remember which system was the game running on, but I have the feeling it was a Sega console, though my memory of the graphics would lead me to believe it was a psone game.

Anyone can help me on this?

PS1 game. I think it has:

Resident Evil style controls and camera
Light steampunk
The word 'pitch' may have been in the title
I remember it being artistically dark

My only real recollection of it is a single frame that has been burned into my brain for 15 years, but its so vague I can't even describe it. Its like a vision that is struggling to move frommy subconcious into my memory

eso76

Light steampunk

My only real recollection of it is a single frame that has been burned into my brain for 15 years, but its so vague I can't even describe it. Its like a vision that is struggling to move frommy subconcious into my memory

city of the lost children ?

17947_full.jpg

Recall

Light steampunk

Fear Effect?

It didn't have tank controls from what I remember but it sounds like the game you're describing.

eso76

Don't think so :(

I think you controlled a government agent or something

These vague recollections are the result of brieflywatching my brother play the demo at the age of 9 :p

it's not alone in the dark, right ?
or fear effect, but that would be more cyberpunk than steampunk

Man there was this arcade game I remember playing when I was a kid. It was a top down, vertical scrolling, run-n-gun shooter that had characters comprising of different humans and mutants I believe...one of them was a frog, I think. It wasn't made by any of the big arcade companies back then (like Konami, Capcom, Midway, etc). I want to say it was made by Data East but I haven't found anything like that in their catalog according to their Wiki. It's somewhere around the caliber of that developer.

It was a 2 player co-op and I would say it seemed like a late 80s/early 90s game since I recall playing the game in the early 90s. The name of this game has always alluded me for some time now to the point I'm getting a bit restless at times if I keep reminiscing. Any help would be grateful.

Don't think so :(

I think you controlled a government agent or something

These vague recollections are the result of brieflywatching my brother play the demo at the age of 9 :p

Overblood? Fear Effect? Covert Ops- Nuclear Dawn? Martian Gothic? Broken Helix? The Crow-City of Angels? In Cold Blood? Just throwing some names of some vaguely similar games out there. Based on your description I too would have immediately thought City of Lost Children.

So, I remember this game I used to play as a kid(around 5-7 years old, I'm 25 btw)..it was a Disney game, although I don't remember the main character;
I remember the game having cartoon-like graphics, I also remember a level with teapots, sweets etc, and another set in some kind of factory.
I don't remember which system was the game running on, but I have the feeling it was a Sega console, though my memory of the graphics would lead me to believe it was a psone game.

Anyone can help me on this?

While earlier than the consoles you listed I'm curious if it could be Rescue Rangers for NES? Your description could fit for a number of games but I'm pretty sure there's teacups or coffee cups in a level and there's definitely a level or two that look factory like (the last level for sure). The years don't quite fit (~1993-1995) but thought I'd ask just in case you played it awhile after release.

Overblood? Fear Effect? Covert Ops- Nuclear Dawn? Martian Gothic? Broken Helix? The Crow-City of Angels? In Cold Blood? Just throwing some names of some vaguely similar games out there. Based on your description I too would have immediately thought City of Lost Children.

I think its In Cold Blood

Cheers guys :)

While earlier than the consoles you listed I'm curious if it could be Rescue Rangers for NES? Your description could fit for a number of games but I'm pretty sure there's teacups or coffee cups in a level and there's definitely a level or two that look factory like (the last level for sure). The years don't quite fit (~1993-1995) but thought I'd ask just in case you played it awhile after release.

Saw some videos of it on youtube, it's not this one :(
I clearly remember the graphics being a lot better, and with a lot going on on the background. I also remember fruit jellos used as trampolines for some reason...

EDIT : Found the game! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz70_Z4YIUE
Man, my mind really tricked me up on this one! Actually the "factory" level was just the clocktower level, with the moving gears and stuff XD The "jello as trampoline" probably came from another similar game I must have played, called Mickey Mania, which is how i remembered the graphics on Castle of Illusion looked like...

Thanks everyone!

there is this game i rented once as a kid for the genensis. its a side-scroller. it had a mech of some sort as the character you controlled. you could transform from a tank to a jet. the dude was white with some red in there i think. there might be an X in the name but i can't remember

ubercheez

I can't remember the name of a PC game that came out in '98 or '99. You played a wizard, and you could cast damage spells as well as summon creatures that had their own life pools. You had to regain mana by standing on these specific points that would give you a constant regen rate, and you could park your creatures on those points to give you the mana regen while you continued on. There would usually be an enemy wizard, so a level would usually come down to fighting over the mana regen points until you had enough to overpower him with an army of summons.

The camera view was isometric, and you had a health indicator of your wizard's head that would disappear to reveal a skull underneath as you took damage.

Capcom's King of Dragons? It's probably not the D&D games or you would remember better right? Riiiight?
Looking at pics of the arcade version... nah. I looked up your suggestion on D&D games and bingo, it's Shadow of Mystara!

there is this game i rented once as a kid for the genensis. its a side-scroller. it had a mech of some sort as the character you controlled. you could transform from a tank to a jet. the dude was white with some red in there i think. there might be an X in the name but i can't remember
Are you sure it's on Genesis? That sounds like a Macross game for the Saturn.

Ranger-X?

Can't remember this game for the Sega Master System. It was a top-down view and the screen scrolled vertically. You played as a car and you had to collect letters that would eventually turn you into a plane.

eso76

Can't remember this game for the Sega Master System. It was a top-down view and the screen scrolled vertically. You played as a car and you had to collect letters that would eventually turn you into a plane.

action fighter

i think you start as a motorbike actually, then transform into a car, then into a plane iirc

khaaan

Light steampunk

Not really steampunk so I doubt it's the game you're looking for but Galerians?

GrayFoxPL

Light steampunk

In Cold Blood.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Okay.

Super Nintendo game ( I think )
Action rpg type. You're a little magician dude that runs around and throws his hat at baddies.

That is all I remember. But I remember it being awesome.

EDIT: Thanks me and google!

The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang

HOLY SHIT NEED NOW

Not sure if it has been mentioned..

It was a game that has Final Fantasy IV/ V style graphics, Not sure it was made by SquareSoft.

All i remember is a cutscene where you(and your party?) were running from a collapsing building(castle?), but then when it seems that a builder or a wall will fall on us, a werewolf/anthro wolf character comes and hold that wall for us to escape.

I dont know what the game was about or what genre, or what the hell the story is, just that particular scene...

Not sure if it has been mentioned..

It was a game that has Final Fantasy IV/ V style graphics, Not sure it was made by SquareSoft.

All i remember is a cutscene where you(and your party?) were running from a collapsing building(castle?), but then when it seems that a builder or a wall will fall on us, a werewolf/anthro wolf character comes and hold that wall for us to escape.

I dont know what the game was about or what genre, or what the hell the story is, just that particular scene...

I don't know the scene as I barely remember the game but character and time period match up fairly well for Breath of Fire. Here's a shot of the characters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Breath_of_Fire_characters.jpg

I don't know why but out of nowhere I started thinking of this old PC game which I can't remember the name of for the life of me:

- point and click, set in medieval times
- full motion characters, fully voiced. really corny lines and accents
- you can get sent to jail and buy your way out
- it was all set inside a castle, and you can click around the map to search for things. iirc if you clicked in the right places you'd get coins? I distinctly remember clicking on someone sitting on the toilet and having them poop lol
- i don't remember the purpose/objectives of the game
- there was a blacksmith, with a big pool of fire behind him
- a kitchen with a ladder
- you knocked on doors a lot
- lots of collecting items around the rooms and such
- edutainment? it was trying to simulate typical "castle life" a lot
- if i'd guess a release date, I'd say late 90s, early 00s.

....i know this isnt particularly descriptive but hopefully thats enough? I don't think it was a popular game so this one ought to be tough..

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think I asked this earlier in the thread but I don't think I got an answer.

There was this game I played on the Sega Genesis. You could play as a couple of different animals and I remember one of them being an Elephant.

That's all I have lol.

Salsa

GAF

help me

quoting myself from the first game you ever played thread:

A game where you were this ninja guy, who (at least in one part) was in a cave and could kick bats that were coming at you

it was either a Commodore or Atari game, cant remember.

someone needs to know what im talking about

Top Bottom