• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2013 Info & Summary Thread

doomquake

godspeed this thread!

10Boothe-christen-1.JPG.jpg

Im hoping to see EA games running on actual Xbox one / PS4 hardware or is that
wishful thinking at this point?

It looks like BF4 will be all PCs for the event.

Aspiring

So if MS is not streaming their event, where will we find out all the info. Will there at least be a live blog update or something?

belushy

Banned
I guess I kind of understand why they decided not to livestream. It starts at 5 am so it would be kind of useless considering mostly everyone in the US will be sleeping. I'll probably stay up though.

d31m0s

I am kind of hoping the twitlonger thing is true and we will have surprise details on MGSV and maybe Nintendo gives some good news

I guess I kind of understand why they decided not to livestream. It starts at 5 am so it would be kind of useless considering mostly everyone in the US will be sleeping. I'll probably stay up though.

I somehow think that's not the reason... if it is however I understand, anyone outside of the US doesn't deserve to receive games news.

nib95

Banned

I want it.

Several years back when Bioshock first launched, they had a giant life size big daddy model in the London GAME store. I knew the manager back then and managed to get them to agree to giving me the thing for free when they were done with it. However, I couldn't arrange storage for it nor transport, coupled with a large knick in the models arm that put me off (but probably was an easy fix on reflection), it never transpired.

I saw similar models sell on ebay around Europe for well over a thousand lol. I regretted not taking it...

Wow... 5AM huh...

Guess I'll just read up on the Microsoft presentation later when I wake up. I definitely can't stay up until 5AM to watch that.

Microsoft always do these conferences so early and I never can see them :(

nib95

Banned
Microsoft's timing and decision to not stream is highly frustrating. 5am for you lot, 10am for us lot. WTF lol. Do't know what they'll release, but they've dropped the ball somewhat this Gamescom. No live stream is just a lack of effort. Prefer to see people on stage playing games live, and hear what they have to say about stuff over just getting specifically tailored and edited, press released gameplay video's.

belushy

Banned
Nah that's ok no offence taken. It's Gamescom and we are about to have magical announcements! Who cares for a little comment! Lets HYPE!!!

Agreed. Hoping the unannounced Spark features are cool, and that the beta is close by. lol

edit: And some more next-Halo info

Bsigg12

Microsoft's timing and decision to not stream is highly frustrating. 5am for you lot, 10am for us lot. WTF lol. Do't know what they'll release, but they've dropped the ball somewhat this Gamescom. No live stream is just a lack of effort. Prefer to see people on stage playing games live, and hear what they have to say about stuff over just getting specifically tailored and edited, press released gameplay video's.

Its weird because they are taking all that time they would be using for a press conference and giving it to devs and media to talk about and play the games. I expect tons of hands on previews from.everything Xbox One tomorrow.

GlamFM

Banned
Wow... 5AM huh...

Guess I'll just read up on the Microsoft presentation later when I wake up. I definitely can't stay up until 5AM to watch that.

Microsoft always do these conferences so early and I never can see them :(

There is nothing to watch - go to bed.

doomquake

I'm just inclined to think MS has nothing interesting to show. If so they would surely stream that shit right?

are there any american conferences before xmas? i dont think xbox fans are awake so early and the eu market for xbox is a lot smaller than the ps. Maybe that is why they decided to do it at 11am and just get it over with.

Xamdou

Can't wait to see if the release rumour for the PS4 is true. :p

Sony will most likely reveal their release date of maybe October? Which is an entire month before the Xbox one's officially revealed release month of November. Being on the stores earlier will create early buzz and give Sony a great head start to the next-gen race.

Kinan

Ok, we are almost there. Thread updated again, since there is a spoiler free Sony conference thread I just put a link to it to the top of the OP.

nib95

Banned
i am sure Polygon will blog about it on their site..unless they were told not to

If there's no live blogging allowed either, I'm gong to be very suspicious of Microsoft. Lord knows what's up, or what PR shenanigans they're feeding journo's lol.

Top Bottom