• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot 'BODYSLAMS' Xbox Live!

Gerber

Banned
WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw going online, getting authentic voice talent
THQ's PlayStation 2 game will be the first wrestling game to feature head-to-head online play, and it will sport real wrestlers' voices.

After months of "no comment," THQ has revealed that WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw will indeed have online play. Though THQ officials did not dole out many details, they did say SmackDown! vs. Raw would offer online head-to-head bouts. Since the game is PlayStation 2 exclusive, it will obviously not be on Xbox Live.

Although SmackDown! vs. Raw will be the first wrestling game with online play in the US, it is not the first such game in the world. In May, SmackDown! developer Yuke's and Enix released Online Pro Wrestling: The Champion of the Network in Japan.

Set for release in November 2004, WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw will combine characters from the WWE's Smackdown! and Raw franchises. It will feature an improved grappling and submission system, as well as new strategic elements, features, and mechanics. THQ also revealed that the game will feature the actual voices of almost all the wrestlers featured in the game. The only exceptions will be for classic mat warriors, such as the late Andre the Giant, who are obviously unavailable.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
POSTED: 08/25/04 12:50 PM PST

:D :D :D :D :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Isn't that just common sense?

*runs out of thread*

Gerber

Banned
Anyone remember When N64.com became IGN.com, and they hired console specific staff for each console? Gamespot should really consider doing that someday. :D :D :D :D :D

Gerber

Banned
orielly3.gif

I really like the new host of 'Gamespotting' though. I hate console spin. :)

Gerber

Banned
My co-worker has that song 'Kick them when they're up, kick them when they're down' blasting on his headphones right now.

Gerber

Banned
StoOgE said:
I cant wait for syphon filter: omega strain on Xbox Live!

Gamespot seems to be really excited for it's release !

"We were assured that the developers were conscious of the criticism the previous Syphon Filter games received for their production quality, and they stressed that the new game will up the ante considerably when it comes to production values. Sony is going the full Screen Actors' Guild route in casting the game's voice actors, and Mark Snow of X-Files fame will be composing the music. Overall, Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain looks and plays like an extremely promising update to the series, and we can't wait to check out more. Stay tuned."

Frothing. Demand. Rising.

Top Bottom