• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush PS5 Review + Xbox Multi-Platform Releases - The Story So Far

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Did you watch the video......
No. I read this:

-PS5 uses a higher resolution shadow quality.
-Everything else is the same as the Series X version.

So?

It was just a little joke made about Xbox. Also, the video showed that PS5 version has better shadows than the PC version, so graphical fidelity is higher on PS5 I believe. But if you’re referring to frame rate then yes PC can go higher than PS5.
Bad joke then. And in what dimension higher shadow resolution = better fidelity for everything else too???

Last edited:

Taycan77

No one will ever convince me otherwise that Digital Foundary where not compromised when they accepted Microsoft's invitation to look at the Series S/X. Worse still, their coverage continued for weeks, if not months, while this trip was kept secret.

They've spent goodness knows how many years making excuses - and are now back peddling MS PS FUD about their next-gen machine.

JackMcGunns

Star Wars Irony GIF

No irony, but simply the Xbox tax removed for better review scores and a year+ of extra development and polish to gain better results.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I got it on ps5. Really dig the game in a variety of ways but I can’t wrap my head around the combat so I’ll likely never touch it again.

I swear I’m hitting buttons to the beat, and even when I have the gauge at the bottom to help, I am missing it. I end levels with a 41% usually for being in beat.

DJ12

Literally half the comments are pointing out the much clearer scrolling text which stand out blatantly. Tom should give it up.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
I got it on ps5. Really dig the game in a variety of ways but I can’t wrap my head around the combat so I’ll likely never touch it again.

I swear I’m hitting buttons to the beat, and even when I have the gauge at the bottom to help, I am missing it. I end levels with a 41% usually for being in beat.
Maybe audio latency? It is a rhythm game so sometimes that can impact it.

Buhaj

DF doing Xbox Series X disassembly back in 2020 made me think they have too good relationship with MS not to defend their product - no surprise there. But it's funny how they apparently find it hard to admit PS5 won the generation

Top Bottom