• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge: MS launching Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment on other platforms, Sea of Thieves later in 2024

ManaByte

Gold Member

The first two games that are set to appear on rival consoles are Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment, according to sources. Microsoft is also currently planning to launch Sea of Thieves on non-Xbox platforms later this year, with other first-party titles also under consideration.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Topher

Gold Member

"Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the company is getting ready to launch a select number of Xbox games on PS5 and Nintendo Switch. Weeks of rumors suggest that Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and even Bethesda titles like Starfield and Indiana Jones could appear on non-Xbox platforms."

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Seems like a much more conservative start than the breathless rumors of day one fare like Indiana Jones, Flight Sim etc.

It’ll be interesting to see how they thread the needle here.

jm89

Make sense get the easily portable one out first.

Then the big ones.

Elder scrolls on 6 ps5 can't wait.

Last edited:

Del_X

Very cool. Some console fanboys got to fantasize about some Xbox and PC games they might actually like.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Even if Microsoft doesn't intend to ever release the heavy hitters (Starfield, Indy, etc..) on Playstation, there is absolutely no way they are going to be able to believably communicate that to consumers at this point.

They're actively creating an expectation of "eh, I'll just wait until it comes to Playstation" for their first party titles.

They either need to go all in to exclusivity or all in to publishing on all platforms. This muddled, noncommittal, milquetoast approach benefits no one.

Last edited:

skit_data

Even if Microsoft doesn't intend to ever release the heavy hitters (Starfield, Indy, etc..) on Playstation, there is absolutely no way they are going to be able to believably communicate that to consumers at this point.

They're actively creating an expectation of "eh, I'll just wait until to Playstation" for their first party titles.

They either need to go all in to exclusivity or all in to publishing on all platforms. This muddled, noncommittal, milquetoast approach benefits no one.
Indeed, the fact that these releases are partly games from XGS and not onlyBethesda or ABK is what makes them interesting, it suggests everything may potentially end up on other platforms. They'll have to go all in on this point IMO or the negatives might outweigh the benefits.

Roberts

My GOTY pick for 2022.
Also one of the better told story-based games NOT made by people desperately wanting to be Hollywood filmmakers. That said, I don't think more than five people will buy it, but let's see.

Glad to see sea of thieve is finally out of early access and ready to be released
The game has been "ready" for years and extra quality content that they have been pumping out at lightning-fast pace only made it better.

DeaDPo0L84

As someone who has not pledged their life to any of these plastic boxes that play videogames, I really hope SoT seas *pun intended* a massive player increase when it launches on PS5, love that game.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Oh I’m sure that they’re gathering all 3 riders of Apocalypse for way more than that. SoT, Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush are blogpost-level announcements not worth the drama, brand reputation and the entire effing podcast with the whole Xbox leadership.

But if it’s just those 3 this will be the greatest PR blunder in the history of gaming, lol.

Top Bottom