• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, power struggle, communications embargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. I never thought this would happen. I pretty much thought Kojima was almost running Konami. He being a powerful person inside the company and being able to work on many other established series like Castlevania and Silent Hill.

Oh well, as long as Konami doesn't mess with Bemani, it's all fine. Kojima can make something great after he leaves the company.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
P.T. is amazing. Konami needs to let Kojima take it with him.

They're trying to kill his legacy as we speak by removing any mention of him from Metal Gear. Konami won't be doing anything of the sort.

So it really will be his last MGS.

To be honest, it could be a blessing in disguise for both Kojima and his staff. Look back at the Clover situation and where Platinum Games are now creatively. The only big loser would be [gamers] if one of the big three swooped in and made KojiPro platform exclusive.

I wonder where this leaves Silent Hills though.

I think that Silent Hills will move forward, but not with the vision that we saw. Things will change, obviously, and I would bet it won't match the things we saw in the demo.

Godspeed, Kojima.

Xpliskin

I'm surprised we're actually getting some journalism work coming out of this story! No smoke without fire, etc. I wonder how many more Konami staff will leave by the end of this year. Oh wait, there's no one left! :p

Yes, GameSpot did their job, unlike IGN.

Zaph

7o9oBXA.gif

Pooya

can't wait to see what he does next now, he possibly can bring top people with him too now. Now don't think he will just retire., situation is different. Idiots at Konami probably wanted yearly releases or something, ala AC. They will probably still do it with MGS5 foundation.

Konami byebyebyebye

Cartman86

Banned
lol Del Toro can't catch a break. I imagine if this is true he will just partner with Kojima again and make something. Kojima will have lost all that tech and i'm unsure If anything like PT could be made without a large team.

Either way this is how he can finally stop making Metal Gear. Might be a good way to end everything.

Well shit, I'm guessing Konami is pretty much done with AAA game development. Maybe they're going to cash in on some of their properties with quick easy free to play mobile games.

edit: I'm also guessing Silent Hills is dead.

CTLance

Yessss. That made me do a fist pump. I mean, finally Kojima and his team are free from the endless rehashes, and I have zero doubt that they will be courted heavily by console manufacturers and publishers alike.

Plus, this is quite a blow to Konami. Which I applaud, because frankly, after what they did to Hudson soft there can be no redemption, only fire and pain.

Goddamn Konami, power struggle? Are you corporate shills that delusional? Kojima and the Metal Gear series was the only thing keep your dying company relevant. Good luck sustaining as company reliant on PES and mobile games.

MechaX

Holy... ...

Like, I knew that this would have to come eventually, as it does for all franchises, but...

Man. I still wasn't prepared for it.

Makes sense. The writing was on the wall when they did Ground Zeroes as a standalone release. The several-years-between-sequels AAA model that Konami, Square, Capcom and other Japanese publishers are fighting right now is a losing battle.

BearPawB

Banned
In regards to the Kojima Productions news and Silent Hills: that game is part of a deal between Del Toro and Konami, not Kojima. -@PCBrown

random25

Sad news. Can't believe they'll axe Kojima and his team of all people.

Hopefully we'll see Kojima back in action soon in a new franchise. The industry needs guys like him and his team.

I'm surprised we're actually getting some journalism work coming out of this story! No smoke without fire, etc. I wonder how many more Konami staff will leave by the end of this year. Oh wait, there's no one left! :p
But what about that guy

And that guy

Truth be told I just want Konami to burn after this. Maybe that way Hudson IPs will have a chance again.

What a mess.

Konami have basically signed their own death sentence. What do they have in the locker that is guaranteed $$$? PES?

MGS without Kojima is basically pointless. Looks like MGSV will be my last in the series.

I hope all of those affected once this goes down land on their feet. They deserve better than Konami anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom