• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: PS4 owners more satisfied than Xbox One owners

-MD-

As a console only owner, how satisfied are you with your next gen console? 10/10

As a PC owner, how satisfied are you with your next gen console? Knack&Ryse/10

Bgamer90

Banned
39% vote for 10?
PS4 has no games that satisfy that answer at all, it only satisfies that the buyers think they didn't throw money out of the window, which leads me to the conclusion that their decision was influenced by the typical console war they bet their money on.

Your opinion vs. owners who voted "10".

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't know. I have been saying for a while that Xbox One totally PlayStation 4 and it looks like these numbers that out.

viveks86

I don't know. I have been saying for a while that Xbox One totally PlayStation 4 and it looks like these numbers that out.

Whaa? Are you ok?
cat4pg106%20Word%20Salad%20web.gif

Kydd BlaZe

I'm getting way more mileage out of my Xbox One than I do with my PS4, so I'd have to disagree with the statistics, but both consoles are pretty great IMO.

Having both, I don't concur. I've played a ton of Forza and Dead Rising 3. More than any of the other 5 games I have for PS4.

Damn which should I buy? The XB1 has a more appealing first year lineup IMO, but I was really burned on the last couple years of the 360 and how few good exclusives there were.

jcracken

Banned
Damn which should I buy? The XB1 has a more appealing first year lineup IMO, but I was really burned on the last couple years of the 360 and how few good exclusives there were.

PS4 if you don't care about upcoming Xbox exclusives and had a PS3 last gen; X1 if you care for its exclusives. Both if you have the money.

kuppy

Your opinion vs. owners who voted "10".
I know I don't have to be right with my call, but saying you are extremely satisfied buying this system only because you can play the new Call of Duty doesn't seem rational to me, which is why I phrased my explanation this way.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Just going with a raw "average" is a pretty boneheaded and pointless way of gauging satisfaction. I'd like to know what kind of variation there is here among other things. Without raw numbers all this provides is a descriptive snapshot of Gamespot user opinions. I'm more interested in the gap between proportional differences as we move up and down the satisfaction scale - the two highest satisfactory levels are "clearly" different in proportion responding yes (how so is impossible to tell w/o numbers).

Derrick01

Banned
Moderately happy with my PS4 even though I've already ditched every game I bought for it. Most of that isn't Sony's fault though (although Killzone being shit-tastic is).

jlaw-okay-gif.8535

Such statistical accuracy!

It's like when our local newspaper goes "75% of Stuff.co.nz readers think..." I immediately stop reading.

leng jai

I'd give my PS4 a 7 or an 8 right now, as is. That will probably change after a few firmware updates and more games come out. The groundwork is set for a 10, but it's not there yet for me.

I doubt there will ever a console that would launch at "10" unless you're grading them in context.

R3TRODYCE

Having both I disagree. I only use my PS4 for Trine 2 and Live From PlayStation which is pretty nice app. It honestly feels like a PS3+, like a refined PS3 so I'm not blown away tbh. I am however really satisfied with my Xbox One and it's impressing non gamer and gamer friends and family when they come over. They've all been lukewarm to the PS4 but that's anecdotal.

XxHeeroxX

Neo Member
i cant really comment since i dont have an Xbone, but im way more satisfied with my ps4 right now than i was with my launch ps3.

S¡mon

Banned
39% vote for 10?
PS4 has no games that satisfy that answer at all, it only satisfies that the buyers think they didn't throw money out of the window, which leads me to the conclusion that their decision was influenced by the typical console war they bet their money on.

Disagree. Just look at some of the launch titles:

- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- FIFA 14
- Need For Speed: Rivals (have you played this?)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts

Sure, these are not exclusive - but these games are great games. For some reason, however, some people - like, probably, you - see only two 'real' exclusives (Knack and Killzone) and think "that's all? disappointing line-up, PS4 has no games".

You know what I see? All of the biggest franchises are here, at launch.

PS3 had four exclusives at launch. That's twice as many as the PS4 (if you're not counting the PS4 indie games, F2P titles and smaller titles like Resogun).

- Genji: Days of the Blade
- NBA 07
- Resistence: Fall of Man
- Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

It might be just me.. but I'd prefer a line-up with great, big franchise, multiplatform titles above a launch line-up with lots of exclusive, but disappointing or niche titles.

Heck, if Sony had launched with 10 exclusives, but titles like Battlefield/FIFA/Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed were missing... than I'd be really disappointed.

Good to see most people are pleased with their purchase.

Nobody gave 1 or 2.

There's a joke about gamers and the 7-10 scale to be had here somewhere.

Derrick01

Banned

Never buy a console for its first year lineup. You even admit you know what MS tends to do on the back half of a generation when most other people are putting out their best games due to mastering the hardware, don't burn yourself again.

Griss

The XBox has done better than it ever looked like it could back in June. Most of the doom laden predictions did not come to pass. Microsoft should be pleased that the catastrophic outcomes were avoided, because for a while it seemed like they were in play.

But the PS4 is the far, far superior machine and user experience. My 2 cents, anyway.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
As someone who owns both, I am much more satisfied with my PS4. So this comes as no surprise.

Kssio_Aug

Taking in consideration that is a console newly launched, I would say that, in a scale of 1 to 10, my satisfaction level with PS4 is about 10, or maybe a 9 (because we still have no youtube share, no pulse support and no option to pause downloads... besides im pretty sure that all of those will be added in a future firmware update).

For those complaining about people giving it a 10, remember they aren't rating the system and how good it is. They are rating how satisfied they are. Two completely different things.

I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I'd be up there at a 9, maybe 10. If I had to rate the system in its current state I'd give it maybe an 8.5. They still have some things to iron out but it is s great system with a much improved UI

majian

Neo Member
Amazingly I have not used my PS4 as much as much as my X1. Neither has the game that is keeping me interested so the X 1 is being used more for COD, TV and Netflix functionailty. Once the games come out that are more engrossing, then that may change.

Top Bottom