• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot reviews Red Steel

Kassavin's review of God Hand is what made me resect him then most of the other online reviewers,, especially the dirt bag at ign that gave God Hand a 3/10

the wonkey motion capture animations, and repetitive enemy stances and overall artless generic direction the game took in terms of looks and feel sine e3, it had me waiting for this day for the truth to be revealed

Ashodin

sp0rsk said:
I respect Kasavin's reviews and you'd have to be blind not to have seen this one comin. Game has looked garbage day since it first was shown.
However, I really believe this will be the only low-scoring review for this game, just like Zelda. rejoice! the worst is over.

AniHawk

HyperZone<3 said:
buy Metal Slug Anthology

*thumbsup*

Excite TRUCK + MSA + Zelda: Best Game of All-Time + SMB:BB + Rayman: In Ancel We Trust + Trauma Center are where all the love is.

Lobster

Banned
rkenshin said:
So if you want a launch Wii FPS.. Get CoD3 instead?

I was going to get this game, now I'm really not sure but want a FPS when I buy my Wii on Sunday

CoD3 is getting good reviews(good being the key word). So yeah..get that..But it won't have Katanas.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Well, if Kasavin is right, then I guess it proves that the French should stay as far away from Japanese culture as possible.

Muppet345

QuickKick89 said:
And the suck...and the suck....and the suck....

Seriously, how can this system survive with an 8.8 to carry it for 6 months to a year (more likely a year)
So we're using Gamespot scores, which in some cases (such as Zelda) are contradicted by every other website, to determine the worth of a system? Nice attempt at trolling. Plus, I didn't think many people expected Red Steel to be good.

Zeed

Banned
BURN GAMESPOT! BURN IT TO THE GROUND!

*Passes out the torches*

OKAY GUYS LET'S GO! RAPE AND PILLAGE! RAZE IT ALL! SORCHED EARTH (and by earth I mean GAMESPOT)!!!

FOR NINTENDOOOOO!

Verano said:
2df5657786365fafeaeb8e1d8dd13f20.gif

:lol I can see them shaking it like that to make the batteries last longer. :D

Muppet345

AniHawk said:
*thumbsup*

Excite TRUCK + MSA + Zelda: Best Game of All-Time + SMB:BB + Rayman: In Ancel We Trust + Trauma Center are where all the love is.
Agreed. Rayman box is staring at me. D:

Alias03

I expected this for this game. To be honest I didn't think it look good from the begining, But thats just my opinion. I also think Greg Kasavin is probably one of if not the best reviewer in gaming online sites.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Armitage said:
SPECIFICALLY, the low graphics score, when it's generally regarded as a good-looking game. Read the review.

Outside of bullshots it looks like ass. The Wii can easily do better than this. Even the GameCube was doing better than this.

Wii is GC 1.5, not GC 0.5.

Deepblue

Banned
Burai said:
Is this how the NDF will damage control bad reviews now?

Gamespot: "The game is rushed and buggy and the sword fighting just doesn't work."

NDF: "OMG!!! GRAPHIX WHORES!!!! DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WII PHILOSOPHY!!!!"

20040324h.jpg

Kevar said:
So we're using Gamespot scores, which in some cases (such as Zelda) are contradicted by every other website, to determine the worth of a system? Nice attempt at trolling. Plus, I didn't think many people expected Red Steel to be good.

Still, ONE game is going to have to carry this system. ONE FREAKING GAME. That's where Nintendo's trouble will always lie - they can't create anything new for the hardcores without Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon, and if not nobody cares.

And last I checked (which was today as Nintendo announced their Q1 lineup), Metroid, Mario, Pokemon, and Smash Brothers won't be coming out for another 6 months to a year.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AniHawk said:
That's what I say. Stop stealing my material.

You hadn't posted in this thread and it's already on the 2nd page, so I felt I had to fill in your shoes.

Ark-AMN said:
I feel for Nintendo, they just can't seem to get a good exclusive third party game for any of their consoles.

Considering UBI paid 15m to make this, you might want to toss some of that pity their way.

Muppet345

QuickKick89 said:
Still, ONE game is going to have to carry this system. ONE FREAKING GAME. That's where Nintendo's trouble will always lie - they can't create anything new for the hardcores without Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon, and if not nobody cares.

And last I checked (which was today as Nintendo announced their Q1 lineup), Metroid, Mario, Pokemon, and Smash Brothers won't be coming out for another 6 months to a year.
One game? The hell are you talking about? I have like six games to buy.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Well, as far as the PS3 goes, I don't really see any of the launch games carrying that system well into the next year.

Ark-AMN

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Considering UBI paid 15m to make this, you might want to toss some of that pity their way.
Yeah, and all that money they couldn't get a decent game out the door. Well, I hope Too Human fares better! :D

lexi

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
And the suck...and the suck....and the suck....

Seriously, how can this system survive with an 8.8 to carry it for 6 months to a year (more likely a year)

Trollerific!

Krowley

QuickKick89 said:

the ps3 is in the same boat, only it's top launch game isn't being as well recieved as zelda, and the 360 was in worse shape... they didn't have any AAA games at launch.

this is just another normal launch. There is a lot of variety, but not a lot of quality.

Ashodin

Ark-AMN said:
Well, as far as the PS3 goes, I don't really see any of the launch games carrying that system well into the next year.
Launches suck except for the killer first own title, that's the way it's always been.

I still am picking Red Steel up - most undoubtedly I'll still have a better time with it than Kasavin did.

Muppet345

QuickKick89 said:
Does Mr. GTA/Halo/Madden have anything to buy other than Zelda?
Since when do I give a shit about Mr. GTA/Halo/Madden, since when has Mr. GTA/Halo/Madden cared about Nintendo, and since when has Mr. GTA/Halo/Madden played Zelda?

ethelred

QuickKick89 said:

March is six months to a year away? Good job, Big Bird.

Ark-AMN said:
Yeah, and all that money they couldn't get a decent game out the door. Well, I hope Too Human fares better! :D

On the good side for UBI, they're slowly accomplishing their goal to become EA. EA recently shelled out alot of money for THe Godfather game and it turned out bad also.

Zeed

Banned
Deepblue said:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040324h.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
WOW THAT'S WITTY IT'S LIKE I'VE NEVER SEE A VAUGELY TOPICAL WEBCOMIC POSTED IN A THREAD BEFORE. IT'S ALMOST AS IF YOU NEED TO COMPENSATE FOR YOUR OWN LACK OF AN OPINION BY FILLING THE VOID WITH PENNY ARCADE'S DRIVEL.

[spoiler]Let's see how long it takes me to get banned at this rate! I can't risk wasting any time on GAF after the Wii comes out.[/spoiler]

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Thankfully, I don't care about this game. Way lower than I expected though. But also, thankfully, GS scores mean shit to me.

Christopher

Seriously Nintendo fans show your dignity in this thread and don't stoop too low like you did in the other thread...I read the review and I agreed about this with other posters on this board before it came out, it looks and supposidly plays average.

I probably will give it a rental though.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
i think gamespot's wii reviews lost their credibility when they aired that wii marathon "on the spot". people predicted 8.5 for TP and 5 for RS last week

Top Bottom