• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpy GOTY Awards

alkaline black said:
COD4 is fun and all, but it's still the same game we've been getting annual sequels of.

Its not the same game (modern setting, more interesting battles, more "style", polished cinematic presentation from beginning to end, short load times, 60FPS, etc.), and the multiplayer is fucking outstanding compared to the previous games in the series.

COD4's approach is similar to Halo 3 in a few respects - Halo 3 didn't change the basic formula behind the game much: they added deployables, but nothing as game changing as the introduction of dual wielding to Halo 2. COD4 changed the setting and created an amazing perk/xp/customizable class system in their multiplayer, but didn't really change their core gameplay.

Both teams seemed to take their existing setup and add many coats of polish to it. COD4 is getting the love right now in part because they weren't hyped to the moon and back again. Sucks for Halo 3 but this is the natural hodge podge reaction to being super mass marketed.

Happens to everything that gets big enough, eventually.

Green Shinobi said:
And Halo 3 continues to get snubbed.

Fuckers. This "COD4 is better than Halo 3" school of thought is something a lot of people are going to look back on and laugh about in two or three years.
I LOVE THESE BITTER TEARS

GIMME MORE

Gigglepoo

CajoleJuice said:
Was I talking to you? :mad:

I agree on Veteran difficulty.

If you were addressing one person you should have sent a PM.

I played through half of CoD2 on Veteran. It was one of the worst experiences I have had in years. Game design so poor my dog was ashamed.

Gigglepoo said:

I played through half of CoD2 on Veteran. It was one of the worst experiences I have had in years. Game design so poor my dog was ashamed.
I can't speak on CoD2, since I've never played it.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
73295zl.jpg

goty

869wrus.jpg

fgoty

DeadGzuz

Banned
gketter said:
especially when the singleplayer of HL2 Ep 2 alone is much better than COD4

I have yet to play COD4, but Ep 2 does not get it's due respect. Even standing alone without the rest of OB it is one of the years best, better than Bioshock for pure gameplay (ya it's not 20 hours long, not enough opening boxes, cash registers and connecting tubes of water).

Gigglepoo said:

I played through half of CoD2 on Veteran.

Well now I understand where your COD4 hate is coming from.

Edit: Ah - thought your were talking about COD4, not COD2. COD4 is much better than 2 in just about every way IMHO.

Gigglepoo

NullPointer said:
Well now I understand where your COD4 hate is coming from.

:D

I refused to actually touch the controller, but I did watch my friend play through some levels in single player (the sub level in the beginning, a night time bombing run and an outdoor level in the desert with a broken down bus) in CoD4 and the multiplayer. It seems to have the same design flaws that frustrated me to no end in CoD2. I'm not going to subject myself to that again. I would have to see a real evolution in game design outside of the setting before I jump back in.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Im happy they gave nods to best and worst trends. Faulty hardware is most definitely the worst problem...mainly on one consule:lol But in general it is something that just ruins the who experience

And best trend...I am loving. Community features are the best thing of this year, Halo's 3 stats and webstie, Steam in General...and finally getting XBL and noticing how everything is unified and connected. I love it

Top Bottom