• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesRadar: 5 reasons ReCore is basically the Xbox One’s Zelda

DZ_b_EZ

What is this craziness???

LOL this opinion piece is really reaching. I want to play this game but my hype was crippled a bit after E3.

SOR5

Haahahaha, there ya go.
Nothing I've seen of ReCore made me stop and go, "yup, that's XB1 Zelda alright." Who writes this shit?

Nobody said QB was the Last of Us apart from the tweet of some random fan who got it early

Watch Dogs 2 will be the next Last of Us

I expect you to reference this post from now on

David Houghton made another silly comparison recently, and doesn't explain exactly how Gears of War 4 compares to GotG other than you have a squad and they're sometimes funny :p

david_houghton_gamesradar_gears_of_war_guardians_o_by_digi_matrix-daflg9b.jpg

By virtue of it not being a fixed camera game. Exploration doesn't make it Zelda, especially because of how fairly linear it was. It was just as much Metroid as it was Zelda (which is to say vague similarities).

And yet it still felt nothing at all like a Zelda game aside from a few random dungeon puzzles. I never understood the "It's like a cross between Zelda and God of War" comments. Sure, if by "cross" you mean 20% Zelda and 80% God of War.

The puzzle dungeons, overworld traversal w/"Epona", and powerups were obviously taken from Zelda. The games (meaning OoT/TP and Darksiders 1) have very similar game design. The finer points of combat are where the GoW comparisons come in, but you can't beat Darksiders just mashing buttons.

Besides the obvious and silly reaching, I don't think ReCore and Zelda look much alike tonally. Seems to have more of a Xenoblade feel than a Zelda one (but make of that what you will).

Seems more like a Metroid Prime game than anything. It even has spider ball rails.

FTFY

Yeah there are quite a few Prime elements such as lock-on targeting, different ammo types for different enemies, that double jump and those floating circular platforms.

Definitely the most Metroid Prime game since Metroid Prime 3. One of the reasons I'm excited for it. I'm more excited just because it's not a typical shooter and it has puzzle elements.

Trace

Banned
I'm dropping in to put a halt to any streak considering Darksiders 1 more than a mediocre action title.

On another note, what's been shown of ReCore hasn't been particularly impressive. I find the comparison a bit misguided if anything.

It's alright, Zelda is a mediocre action title so the comparison fits.

As someone really looking forward to Recore i hate these name drops and comparisons.
Like show me more gameplay and let it speak for itself, its as bad as the classic film "from the director of" lines

FTFY

Yeah there are quite a few Prime elements such as lock-on targeting, different ammo types for different enemies, that double jump and those floating circular platforms.

Definitely the most Metroid Prime game since Metroid Prime 3. One of the reasons I'm excited for it. I'm more excited just because it's not a typical shooter and it has puzzle elements.

The only reason I didn't add the Prime label is due to it being in third person and seeming a lot more action-oriented than Retro's games. It reminds me more of Super Metroid in that sense, though it certainly has plenty of Prime elements as well.

I'll pick it up on Steam if it isn't a turd but the previews so far aren't looking too hot, and Mighty Number 9 was hyped the same way - Ex Capcom employees, and all that.

WadeitOut

If you don't think there are similarities between Metroid and Zelda you are high.

Sectioned based game with upgraded weapons required to access new areas that lead to an eventual
Boss battle. Obviously they are different games but pretending like there is no comparison is derp tier.

Top Bottom