• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop.com buy 2 get 1 free glitched! Is actually Buy ONE get 1 free

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
They can easily cancel this, right?
Well let's hope they don't. *crosses fingers*
No way they're going to honor this. It's Gamestop, people.
Neogaf1.gif

Mit-

I can't remember what it was but I remember atleast one incident where they were honoring some website glitch, but it involved people calling them :\

I believe that glitch was more ridiculous than this one, though. So there's hope?

I don't particularly care about companies like Gamestop but I don't see how you can knowingly screw anyone over like that.
You're basically saying you're entitled to steal stuff because the clerk is looking the other way.

Prezhulio

I can't remember what it was but I remember atleast one incident where they were honoring some website glitch, but it involved people calling them :\

I believe that glitch was more ridiculous than this one, though. So there's hope?

it varies from outlet to outlet. gamestop will most likely not honor this.

Mit-

Why would you buy online from Gamestop, though? There's no guarantee of boxart/manual.

Because buy one get one free.

Plus just go into your local GameStop and swap the generics out for real art if they have the games in stock pre-owned. That is if you don't have a sour relationship with your local employees.

Good deal if they honor it.

If I buy used games, I usually only do it one of two ways:
1) Gamestop stores so that I can inspect the disc and make sure I get the games actual case.
2) Gamefly - I know some have had bad luck, but Ive gotten quite a few used games through their sales, and all have been in great condition, original case, online passes, and usually DLC if it came packed with any.

Ive only ordered 6 games used through GS.com and only 2 came with original cases, and only 3 disc looked like they weren't used as frisbee's at a dog park. The other 3 were decent, they worked, but hardly were in what I would describe as good shape.

Kusagari

it varies from outlet to outlet. gamestop will most likely not honor this.

Gamestop has honored glitches before. And then they also haven't.

So it's a complete crapshoot, less likely than Amazon for sure, but there is a chance of them honoring it.

Mit-

Dark Souls is $17.99. I'm tempted to pick this up, but with my schedule, I'm wondering if I should pass on it.

Also, can you do this BOGO in-store?

You can do Buy 2 Get 1 Free in store (with PUR card today or no card over the weekend), but this BOGO is a website glitch that you can only do online.

GAF opinion:

I'm thinking of getting Metro 2033 $24.99 and Dark Souls $17.99. With PowerUp Rewards the grand total comes to $22.

Is this worth it? I hate Gamestop and have a suspicion the boxes/manuals will be all messed up, if there at all.

Mit-

GAF opinion:

I'm thinking of getting Metro 2033 $24.99 and Dark Souls $17.99. With PowerUp Rewards the grand total comes to $22.

Is this worth it? I hate Gamestop and have a suspicion the boxes/manuals will be all messed up, if there at all.

If you saw either game for $11 I think you'd jump on it so I say yes. If the boxes/manuals are bad, go into a local GameStop with your receipt and look for a pre-owned replacement. They are usually cool about it. If not you can raise a stink and say they're broken and you want to exchange them for the other ones which they should HAVE to honor.

If you saw either game for $11 I think you'd jump on it so I say yes. If the boxes/manuals are bad, go into a local GameStop with your receipt and look for a pre-owned replacement. They are usually cool about it.

Thank you, my man. GAF prevails.

I just had a massive sink of disappointment, as I rushed to the gamestop website to take advantage of this deal, and couldn't find 2 pre-owned games I wanted (or that felt like it would be a deal).

Burned out from my Wii U spending spree it seems.

There was a rumor Gamestop would start selling old games for classic systems. Did anything ever come out of that?

Not yet.

Just picked up a wireless 360 controller and Starhawk for $40 (after taxes). I really blanked on what game to get. Most of the console games I I want that I haven't played this year aren't available pre-owned on the site.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, I decided to play the lottery with some obscure old PS2 games I've been looking for. Anything that arrives CIB I keep, anything that's disc-only simply gets returned to a B&M location.

ekim

Where is the glitch? The person in the source thread has 2 games in cart and one is free. So B2G1F as expected.

Mit-

Where is the glitch? The person in the source thread has 2 games in cart and one is free. So B2G1F as expected.

Check the page 2 that I linked. Someone posted a picture of BOGO, and there are plenty of people who have put in orders, myself included. You can even try it yourself real quick by adding two items to a cart.

This means a third game would be free (real deal). B1G1 means the second game is free.

On second thought, and a furious staring match with my stack of backlog games, I've decided not to act on this. I'm sure the games I want will be cheaper on Newegg when I'm done with my backlog.

kirblar

I love you guys. Been looking for a way to pick up SFxT cheap again, and managed to snag Heavy Rain in the process, which I've wanted to play for ages.

Still working as of the time of this posting.

hurrrrrrr

thanks - when i saw the PUR cards I just glossed over it as my card is already linked to my account.
No prob. I almost missed it too lol.

Buy 2 Get 1 Free means buying two things full price and getting a third item free. This is technically Buy 1 get 1.
EDIT: Beaten like a dead horse.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

Currently Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

OK gamestop.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man why do you post these things on GAF? It's going to be killed in an hour now. It would've had life on CAG.

I'm just salty that I'm too poor to buy games.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Was going to get Halo 4, but there was nothing else that looked like it was worth it to make the deal good.

And after my hesitation, it looks as if the deal is fixed now anyway.

Top Bottom