• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Gamerdays sale 2009 list

Marvie_3

Banned
Toy Soldier said:
I'm not sure, we received notification about it in an e-mail at the store. Apparently the Xplorer + Aerosmith deal was going on before this big sale, so they confirmed in an e-mail that the deal still applied while the game is at $10.

It pops up in the POS once the transaction is about to be finalized - the price of the guitar automatically dips to one cent when it's rung up with GH: Aerosmith, no coupon necessary. Even if a clerk doesn't know about it, the POS will adjust the price automatically.
Ok thanks. I picked up GH:Aerosmith yesterday and didn't know about the Xplorer deal until after I was home. I'm gonna call and see if I can still get it....

Yaweee

Dedication Through Light said:
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I finally made it in to gamestop to pickup my original target, FFTA2. For 19.99 new it was a great deal!

Great game, but make sure you set it to hard mode!

For those of you who used the $5 off online coupon glitch, according to a poster on CAG, they're canceling those orders. It seems that all those online orders are "verifying" (mine is as well) and the poster called customer service and was told that they were canceling all orders that used the coupon.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Got my Aerosmith/Free guitar today. The girl at Gamestop was about to faint when it came up free for the guitar. Her co-worker explained it to her and she still thought it was wrong.

I told her that was the only reason I came up there and she seemed to snap out of it then.

Yaweee

Dedication Through Light said:
Why, is the game that much of a cakewalk in the other difficulty?

The game is very, very, very long if you are going for 100% completion, and many people seem to regret playing on normal long before the end. You can't switch difficulties mid-game.

It isn't that the game is too easy, but the 50% extra damage from enemies helps keep the game interesting for longer. There's always a huge number of quests you can accept, so the difficulty of the main story really depends on how many sidequests you do before proceeding.

Lucis

mrkapawutzis said:
For those of you who used the $5 off online coupon glitch, according to a poster on CAG, they're canceling those orders. It seems that all those online orders are "verifying" (mine is as well) and the poster called customer service and was told that they were canceling all orders that used the coupon.

They better not!

Code:
FINAL FANTASY II - PSP 		1  		0  		$4.99  		Verifying 		 
FINAL FANTASY I - PSP 		1 		0 		$4.99 		Verifying
CHRONO TRIGGER - DS 		1 		0 		$24.99 		Verifying
FINAL FANTASY III - DS 		1 		1 		$9.99 		Shipped

Hmm lokos like they shipped out one game already? :eek:

Was going to pick up Civ: Revolution for DS from GS for $14.99. Then I saw that Best Buy has it for $15.99. Busted out my $5 reward zone coupon, and bought the game.

It's just something, whenever I go into Gamestop I feel a little worse about myself, like guilty about something. I don't know what it is, I've met some (albeit the minority) very cool people who work at Gamestop, so it's not necessarily that...

Ronabo

I got that Namco Collection for 360. Damn it makes my Jasper's drive sound louder than my old Falcon model.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Valkyria Chronicles is awesome for 30 bucks, the hulk game is not at 19 bucks.... Phantasy Star Portable is quite good. I think I will go back this weekend for chrono trigger, and FF: tactics.

Blueblur1

By the way, do the GameStop stores really accept that printed out coupon from the OP? I really don't want to cut it out of my issue of Game Informer.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Blueblur1 said:
By the way, do the GameStop stores really accept that printed out coupon from the OP? I really don't want to cut it out of my issue of Game Informer.

Confirmed, I used it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
mikekennyb said:
It's just something, whenever I go into Gamestop I feel a little worse about myself, like guilty about something. I don't know what it is, I've met some (albeit the minority) very cool people who work at Gamestop, so it's not necessarily that...

Same here, I feel guilty because I know the gaming population doesn't really like them and their business model is a bit sketchy... however, all the employees at the GS where I live are awesome and great guys. They'll talk games with me and not be assholes about preordering shit. So yeah, I like my local GameStop (Huntsville, TX).

Jon

I still can't believe the bargain for Namco Arcade for the 360. So many awesome games packed onto one disc--especially Pacman Championship Edition. That game is freakin' addictive.

Lucis

Blueblur1 said:
Same here. The order status is "closed" and all the items read "cancelled."

I wonder if they can cancel on me now that one of my game is shipped. It will totally change the invoice and how much they charge. They already charged my CC.

spookyfish

Regarding the 5OFF60 coupon: As far as I can tell, according to Gamestop's Web site, it seems they honored and shipped four of my five games. Sonic Rush Adventure for the DS was canceled, though. Interesting choice, that.

I guess they could still cancel the order, but here's keeping my fingers crossed. Valkyria Chronicles for $24.99 ain't too bad.

gamestop said:
We regret to inform you that we had to cancel your recent order (#4090405033580802) due to an error with coupon code 5OFF60, which was intended to give a single $5 discount off a game $60 or more. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept the coupon code below which entitles you to $10 off a future GameStop.com order as our apology.

:(

Lucis

gamestop said:
Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that we had to cancel your recent order (#4090405151187944) due to an error with coupon code 5OFF60, which was intended to give a single $5 discount off a game $60 or more. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept the coupon code below which entitles you to $10 off a future GameStop.com order as our apology.

Coupon code: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Please note this code is not applicable toward video game systems or gift cards.

Sincerely,
GameStop Customer Service

Not bad, they canceld 3 of my game, which was 15$, but gave me a 10$ coupon ... I guess i'll passon FF1 and FF2 for now and get chrono trigger for 19$? =D Or maybe FF TA2

Lucis

goldenticket said:
haha i didnt notice it until i saw it for a second, i was looking out for you

Haha, ya thanks. I was actually thinking of putting up a more "believable" fake coupon but that'll just be a dick so i used the the English alphabet.

Code:
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES - PS3 1 0 $24.99 Cancelled N/A  	
SPEED RACER - PS2 1 1 $4.99 Shipped	
SONIC UNLEASHED - PS3 1 1 $24.99 Shipped
METAL SLUG 7 - DS 1 1 $9.99 Shipped
they honor the coupon and ship three games I only kinda wanted (my son loves the Sonic Unleashed demo and is a big fan of Speed Racer) and cancel the game I really wanted. Luckily it's still in stock at the local store as I just called and had them hold it for me. I also got the $10 coupon. That combined with the "complete savings" $10 coupon will get me another game for pretty cheap.

spookyfish

So I get an e-mail saying "everything has been canceled," but then it seems most of my order has shipped.

Now I hope I can take back my gutted copies that I bought from the store when I was told my order had been canceled.

Crack operation you got going there, folks.

Shurs said:
Edit:Too harsh.
imga6.jpg

Top Bottom