• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Gamerdays sale 2009 list

Kingpen

I probably might have given gamestop my last business today, and only because I had a gift card. Got Soul Calibur 4 (ps3), Valkyria Chronicles and Culdcept Saga.
I made sure to use the remaining credit.
I'm pretty pissed, that as a customer that has given them a ton of business over the years, they had the nerve to 'blacklist me' and not let me reserve games anymore. Apparently I cancelled them too many times. I never cancelled them until at the latest 2 weeks before they would come out. I used to put store credit on trades on future releases as sort of a placeholder for future purchases in the store. For example, I had trade credit on God of War 3, which has no chance of releasing in even the next 6 months. WTF, they still were making money/interest on my pre-orders all the while anyway.

F' Them. I'll buy my stuff at walmart or bestbuy. That bullshit pisses me off more then complaining about a gutted copy of a new game. (I can actually see the reason why for that since they put them in a bin right in the front of the store)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kingpen said:
I probably might have given gamestop my last business today, and only because I had a gift card. Got Soul Calibur 4 (ps3), Valkyria Chronicles and Culdcept Saga.
I made sure to use the remaining credit.
I'm pretty pissed, that as a customer that has given them a ton of business over the years, they had the nerve to 'blacklist me' and not let me reserve games anymore. Apparently I cancelled them too many times. I never cancelled them until at the latest 2 weeks before they would come out. I used to put store credit on trades on future releases as sort of a placeholder for future purchases in the store. For example, I had trade credit on God of War 3, which has no chance of releasing in even the next 6 months. WTF, they still were making money/interest on my pre-orders all the while anyway.

F' Them. I'll buy my stuff at walmart or bestbuy. That bullshit pisses me off more then complaining about a gutted copy of a new game. (I can actually see the reason why for that since they put them in a bin right in the front of the store)

Oh god...Canceling a pre-order on them. I canceled one before...
conversation went like this
Clerk: What can I get for you?
Me: I need to cancel a pre-order
Clerk: WTF!!!! :lol

Jokes aside, The guy was sitting their scolding me about...Why in hell did you pre-order it in the first place if you were just going cancel it? What made me change my mind? Why in hell I am doing this? How come I don't want to put it towards anything else?

Slurmer

Banned
Kintaro said:
When you put live games out on the floor like with the Gamedays sale...yes, it makes them more likely to be stolen.

I think it would be easier for them to just put an empty case of each game that is on sale in the "sale box". Customer either takes the empty box up or just goes up and asks for the game, clerk gets sealed copy of game from behind desk, customer gets copy of game still sealed.

I don't really see the point in opening all of those copies just to put a bunch of empty cases of the same game on display at the front of the store.

YagizY

OldJadedGamer said:
Went in to get Valkryia Chronciles but all they had were gutted "new" copies so turned around and left. I will not support that practice at all.

It wouldn't be bad if they didn't have a policy of not accepting returns on open games. Since if if they consider it "new" when they sell it to me they should consider it "new" when I return it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

This always happens in any gamestop thread and it has just reached a level of comedy at this point. I'm sure gamestop was very butthurt that you didn't give them your business. You showed them.

Kingpen

shintoki said:

Jokes aside, The guy was sitting their scolding me about...Why in hell did you pre-order it in the first place if you were just going cancel it? What made me change my mind? Why in hell I am doing this? How come I don't want to put it towards anything else?

It isn't even that I would go to that extent. I would always put the credit toward some other game... I never asked for them to hand my cash back to me.... F* them

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kingpen said:
It isn't even that I would go to that extent. I would always put the credit toward some other game... I never asked for them to hand my cash back to me.... F* them

How about you don't preorder games if you're probably not going to pick them up? I worked there for a year. You would have to do this VERY often to get "blacklisted" from preordering.

Kingpen

omg rite said:
How about you don't preorder games if you're probably not going to pick them up? I worked there for a year. You would have to do this VERY often to get "blacklisted" from preordering.

Thats okay... like I said in my previous post, I did a lot of business with them. Probably at least 2K over this gen, most likely more....

The customer is supposed to 'always be right', if the business wants to do something stupid to chase me away, regardless of the reason I cancelled pre-orders (maybe 5-6 a year max which isn't very often), then I'll take my business else where. A customer shouldn't feel like they are doing 'something wrong' by doing a business transaction with a business. I got that 'rolling eyes, attitude, WTF' response from employees working there almost as if I was taking money out of their 'own' pockets as the cashier....

Regardless, I won't be doing business there again. I've got a BA and MBA in business, and you DON'T treat customers like that.

tribal24 said:
fuck how long is gamerday sale for? i need to get Valkrye chronicles on thursday
As long as it takes to sell the games, which can take months.

Obviously the best games will be gone in days, depending on your area. Stock will not be replenished, since they are getting rid of games they have too many copies of.

Ramune

I scored Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star Portable, and Dracula X Chronicles. Basically took the store display cases instead of the ones from the bin in the middle of the store and they had drawers with new cases instead of referring me to the "gutted" cases. Wasn't bad and they had at least one copy of VC in the bin. Though I also saw someone buy Ar Tonelico II. Despite my feelings of NISA's localization, I thought that was pretty cool.

Oh and of interesting note, at my local Gamestop, PSP games are at the front of the store (left hand side of the entrance) with DS games across from them. Does this mean people are actually buying more handheld games than console games at this particular location? Or is that the way they just happen to set up the store? I keep hearing GAFers recount how PSP in particular is relegated to the back of the GameStops they frequent.

Firestorm

Metal Gear?! said:
As long as it takes to sell the games, which can take months.

Obviously the best games will be gone in days, depending on your area. Stock will not be replenished, since they are getting rid of games they have too many copies of.
No. For some games (GH Aerosmith) that's definitely the case, but they actually order more copies of some games (Valkyria Chronicles) for the sale. Those games aren't gonna be there for that price once GameDays are over.

Christopher said:
Scored Chrono Trigger new the girl gave me a fresh one instead of the one all stickered up

I got a fresh copy of FFTA2 as well.

I was glad it was the cool dude behind the counter during the sale, and not the ass.

Anyone from overseas (not North America) have any luck ordering some of the games in the sale?

I tried getting a couple of them (I've ordered from GameStop before so I know they send overseas) but when I got to the checkout the thing is all screwy and wont let me order.

After I log in and go proceed to checkout, it gets to the address thing then all the boxes are blanked out and the drop down thing has nothing in it and wont let me type/remember anything I do type. :/

;(

dorkimoe said:
we had to gut EVERY copy for the sale, because people were stealing games last year

some of you guys are the biggest cry babies i have ever seen

your paying 10-20 dollars for a NEW game, and crying because it doesnt have shrink wrap

even if someone did play it..as long as it isnt scratched who gives a fuck? Its not underwear or a condom...its a fucking game...jesus
on the next episode of GAF: Stockholm syndrome gets ugly

gcubed

Slurmer said:
I think it would be easier for them to just put an empty case of each game that is on sale in the "sale box". Customer either takes the empty box up or just goes up and asks for the game, clerk gets sealed copy of game from behind desk, customer gets copy of game still sealed.

I don't really see the point in opening all of those copies just to put a bunch of empty cases of the same game on display at the front of the store.

this is what happened at the store i went to, i brought up my games, they gave me new sealed copies, and then they placed the gutted case back into the sale bin.

YagizY said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

This always happens in any gamestop thread and it has just reached a level of comedy at this point. I'm sure gamestop was very butthurt that you didn't give them your business. You showed them.

You laugh because someone decided to vote with their dollar at practices they deem wrong? Wow.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Kingpen said:
The customer is supposed to 'always be right',
As a retailer, I hate this phrase.... because it is simply NOT true! The customer is most definitely NOT always right. As a retailer you should certainly be willing to bend or turn a blind eye to your policies to ensure that you give customers a fair or even slightly better than fair treatment at your store. However, the people that use this motto never use it because they are treated unfairly, but instead use it to try and get away with shit that is CLEARLY against all policies and terms of the store for which they have no other recourse than this stupid motto.

Returns within 14 days. Customer comes in 30 days after and says "Customer is always right!"
Restocking fee on select merchandise. Customer comes in with shit clearly used and opened and wants the restocking fee waived.

No, the customer is not always right. The customer deserves to be treated fairly and in the case of good customers it's in the store's best interest to ensure that they are kept happy TO A REASONABLE degree.. but in gamestop's case I can totally see their point of view. The order their games based on pre-orders and whatever else they think they can sell. When pre-orders cancel, that is likely around $45-50 out of the store's pocket that they are sitting on while waiting for first their STORE COPIES to sell, and then finally the canceled pre-order to sell.. It sucks. At my store I don't even give you the option to cancel pre-orders, and I've legally defended this policy successfully (which you agree to to place a pre-order) on the basis that it is essentially a specialty order. That being said I've let plenty of customers cancel a book here and there and even a handful cancel their orders completely or almost completely. But honestly if I would have had a customer like you are describing constantly canceling or rearranging their order I probably would have closed their account also. Yes I might still be seeing money from them, but it has to be taken into account now much money I am losing from them also by majorly screwing with my inventory and ordering.

Definitely not trying to be belligerent with this, but I can totally see where they are coming from, and this is coming from someone who finds many of gstop's practices pretty lame.

gkryhewy

Kintaro said:
When you put live games out on the floor like with the Gamedays sale...yes, it makes them more likely to be stolen.

The more rational response would be to *not* put the actual games out then. Very strange.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Kingpen said:
Thats okay... like I said in my previous post, I did a lot of business with them. Probably at least 2K over this gen, most likely more....

The customer is supposed to 'always be right', if the business wants to do something stupid to chase me away, regardless of the reason I cancelled pre-orders (maybe 5-6 a year max which isn't very often), then I'll take my business else where. A customer shouldn't feel like they are doing 'something wrong' by doing a business transaction with a business. I got that 'rolling eyes, attitude, WTF' response from employees working there almost as if I was taking money out of their 'own' pockets as the cashier....
Unless I'm mistaken, the customer has been pushing GS above analyst expectations lately. They have been doing very well overall. All the people complaining about how they've been wronged are being drowned out by the ringing of cash registers.

Kingpen said:
Regardless, I won't be doing business there again. I've got a BA and MBA in business, and you DON'T treat customers like that.
I'm guessing you don't have much retail experience to go with those degrees. If the customer keeps dicking around with the special order process on a regular basis, the company shouldn't have to keep bending over backwards to serve them.

Kingpen

borghe said:
As a retailer, I hate this phrase.... because it is simply NOT true! The customer is most definitely NOT always right. As a retailer you should certainly be willing to bend or turn a blind eye to your policies to ensure that you give customers a fair or even slightly better than fair treatment at your store. However, the people that use this motto never use it because they are treated unfairly, but instead use it to try and get away with shit that is CLEARLY against all policies and terms of the store for which they have no other recourse than this stupid motto.

Returns within 14 days. Customer comes in 30 days after and says "Customer is always right!"
Restocking fee on select merchandise. Customer comes in with shit clearly used and opened and wants the restocking fee waived.

No, the customer is not always right. The customer deserves to be treated fairly and in the case of good customers it's in the store's best interest to ensure that they are kept happy TO A REASONABLE degree.. but in gamestop's case I can totally see their point of view. The order their games based on pre-orders and whatever else they think they can sell. When pre-orders cancel, that is likely around $45-50 out of the store's pocket that they are sitting on while waiting for first their STORE COPIES to sell, and then finally the canceled pre-order to sell.. It sucks. At my store I don't even give you the option to cancel pre-orders, and I've legally defended this policy successfully (which you agree to to place a pre-order) on the basis that it is essentially a specialty order. That being said I've let plenty of customers cancel a book here and there and even a handful cancel their orders completely or almost completely. But honestly if I would have had a customer like you are describing constantly canceling or rearranging their order I probably would have closed their account also. Yes I might still be seeing money from them, but it has to be taken into account now much money I am losing from them also by majorly screwing with my inventory and ordering.

Definitely not trying to be belligerent with this, but I can totally see where they are coming from, and this is coming from someone who finds many of gstop's practices pretty lame.

you may have a point, and I may have a point as well, but bottom line is, in this economy, does a business want to chase away a customer that drops that much money in their store by doing something like they did? I don't think I am screwing up a corporate stores inventory by changing a preorder of '1' copy of a game, well before said game comes out. But I digress... If it is such a hassle to a store to accomodate a customer making a change, then they need to counter-balance the little hidden fact that they are making bank/investment interest on the pre-order money all along.... If a store expects to have their cake and eat it too in this regard, then good luck...

I checked it out yesterday with a 50 dollar gift card in hand. I left with nothing, there was nothing I had to have even at those prices. It was a sucky feeling.

HBP

shintoki said:

That is why I usually refuse to pre-order, because if you change your mind then it's a pain in the ass.

Talked myself out of a copy of Chrono Trigger that was sitting around at my local Gamestop. I think it was the copy of Sega Genesis Collection for PSP sitting right next to it for $15 that convinced me. $30 just seemed like too much for a single SNES game when Genesis Collection has Phantasy Star II, III, IV, Sonic, Sonic 2 and a bunch of others for half the price. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a Civ Rev for the DS though, that guy looked pretty interesting.

It is kinda funny how they don't adjust used prices for this as well. Can't see many folks ordering Civ Rev for the DS at $18 on line when the new price is $15 online right above it.

If Gamestop wants me to stop canceling preorders, they need to start pricematching the Sunday ads. Virtually every preorder I've ever canceled has been because Best Buy or Target or somebody had a release-week deal. If they want to blacklist me, all they will do is lose more of my business. No sweat. I've got several phone numbers that I can use, and several Gamestops in the area, so I doubt they are even capable of stopping me, though.

FYI they have never given me a hard time about canceling, even a week after the game came out.

HBP

TheFightingFish said:
Talked myself out of a copy of Chrono Trigger that was sitting around at my local Gamestop. I think it was the copy of Sega Genesis Collection for PSP sitting right next to it for $15 that convinced me. $30 just seemed like too much for a single SNES game when Genesis Collection has Phantasy Star II, III, IV, Sonic, Sonic 2 and a bunch of others for half the price. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a Civ Rev for the DS though, that guy looked pretty interesting.

It is kinda funny how they don't adjust used prices for this as well. Can't see many folks ordering Civ Rev for the DS at $18 on line when the new price if $15 online right above it.

I have been thinking the same thing, I don't think I will be able to hold out though, just got a DS and I never finished Chrono Trigger on the SNES so I think I might have to shell out and get it.

Blueblur1

HBP said:
I have been thinking the same thing, I don't think I will be able to hold out though, just got a DS and I never finished Chrono Trigger on the SNES so I think I might have to shell out and get it.
I'm waiting for a better price. I'm sure it'll show up in an Amazon sale within a year or so. I'm in no hurry.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Slurmer said:

You seriously don't see how much of a pain in the ass that would be? You would have to keep going back and forth putting the empty sale box (gamestop rarely uses these btw, they get cover art for marketing and cover art is not sent for Gamedays)) back and forth to the bins after every purchase.

I understand people hate to get gutted copies. I do too and I work there. I don't buy them and all the copies I bought from the sale were unopened copies I had set aside the dat before. However, it's the easiest way to do a sale like this, in the space their stores take up. Also lets people know that if the box ain't out there, it's gone under restock. Keeps it simple and the vast majority of people who buy there, don't care.

woodypop

TheFightingFish said:
Talked myself out of a copy of Chrono Trigger that was sitting around at my local Gamestop. I think it was the copy of Sega Genesis Collection for PSP sitting right next to it for $15 that convinced me. $30 just seemed like too much for a single SNES game when Genesis Collection has Phantasy Star II, III, IV, Sonic, Sonic 2 and a bunch of others for half the price.

I like the way you think.

Also, I could swear that the regular (nonsale) price for Chrono Trigger DS is $30 at Game Crazy.

Anyhoo, I picked up Phantasy Star Portable, Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, and GoW: Chains of Olympus (not part of the sale, but now only $20!)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ramune said:
Oh and of interesting note, at my local Gamestop, PSP games are at the front of the store (left hand side of the entrance) with DS games across from them. Does this mean people are actually buying more handheld games than console games at this particular location? Or is that the way they just happen to set up the store? I keep hearing GAFers recount how PSP in particular is relegated to the back of the GameStops they frequent.

DS games being up front doesn't surprise me, but PSP does. That's probably the least frequented section at my store, and it's way in the back corner.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the PSP necessarily does better at this store, but the floor spacing and the quirks of a certain DM could have something to do with it.

borghe

beermonkey@tehbias said:
If Gamestop wants me to stop canceling preorders, they need to start pricematching the Sunday ads.
I do agree with this. Previously big box stores NEVER had sales on games and usually got them a day or two after Gamestop.. when that was the case it was almost a no brainer to pre-order with them (pay the same price, get it a day or two early). Nowadays these big box stores are putting them out the same day as gamestop AND giving $3-5 off on launch week in many cases. So yea, I do agree at this point you are almost being punished for pre-ordering with Gamestop.

Even consoles, your chances were always higher that you'd get a Wii at a big box than a gamestop, and with the DSi now, the best buy closest to us has plenty in stock still, and I even asked how they've been selling and the response was "Great, but we got a ton in."

So yeah.. definitely agree. Gamestop is going to have to reevaluate their pre-order process.. Give gamers a reason to pre-order. price match, get games earlier, swag (which IMHO you SHOULD be locked into a pre-order if you've already taken home the swag from it), whatever.. and no, this bullshit of week early betas or early access to demos doesn't fucking coutn.

Kingpen said:
in this economy, does a business want to chase away a customer that drops that much money in their store by doing something like they did? I don't think I am screwing up a corporate stores inventory by changing a preorder of '1' copy of a game,
by your own words and the comments of a few employees in here, it doesn't sound like you did '1' copy of a game. It sounds like it was enough to get you banned. Just thinking about your $2K number and dividing that by $60 that's 34 games a year you buy from them. Even if you cancel 10 pre-orders, truth is you probably DID cost them almost as much as you made for them in profit... or if not almost as much, certainly a sizeable amount.

Your first statement is really the most interesting though. In an economy like this, you are going to see stores get even TOUGHER than when the economy was good. We want GOOD customers which means hassle free customers. Repeat customers who give us little to no trouble. When business is booming you can afford to let customers get away with extra shenanigans because presumably the time it would take you to deal with it could be better spent elsewhere. But no those same shenanigans are costing the store a bigger percentage of their profits thus making them more susceptible to auditing and action.

Banks are really the ultimate gauge of where customer service is at. Is it easy to get a loan at a bank right now? If yes, then it is probably easier to bend or break policies at retail stores. If no, then you are probably going to have a much harder time doing so. When things are tough, business (banks, retail, etc) need a higher quality of customer. When things are flowing like crazy, you can afford to cater to the lower quality of customer because the profit will be there to offset.

Kingpen

I want to ask about gamestop employees individually though. It is widely known that they are instructed through the chain of upper management to push pre-orders on everyone. I've even caught wind of them measuring their pre-order stats against each other.

Do they get commision for having people pre-order? Is this why they throw attitude if you cancel one. ?

I don't agree with your comment of me costing the store money though in the long run. They have torts and contracts in place to adjust the amount they order for their inventory. Some games are street dated, and they might get them a week early, maybe 2 weeks early if it is a Halo type of game...

But if I cancel a preorder on a God of War 3, that I was just using as a placeholder credit to keep the money within their system, and they act like I am costing them money, that yeah, your argument fails. And this type of behavior is typically what I would do, sometimes out of being screwed (i.e. the xbox 360 launch, when I preordered 8 months early, and still didnt get one on launch day)

Anyway, just educated business talk here... sorry to derail thread. I'm not giving gamestop anymore money though... simple as that.

kiryogi

Banned
Kingpen said:
I want to ask about gamestop employees individually though. It is widely known that they are instructed through the chain of upper management to push pre-orders on everyone. I've even caught wind of them measuring their pre-order stats against each other.

Do they get commision for having people pre-order? Is this why they throw attitude if you cancel one. ?

I don't agree with your comment of me costing the store money though in the long run. They have torts and contracts in place to adjust the amount they order for their inventory. Some games are street dated, and they might get them a week early, maybe 2 weeks early if it is a Halo type of game...

But if I cancel a preorder on a God of War 3, that I was just using as a placeholder credit to keep the money within their system, and they act like I am costing them money, that yeah, your argument fails. And this type of behavior is typically what I would do, sometimes out of being screwed (i.e. the xbox 360 launch, when I preordered 8 months early, and still didnt get one on launch day)

Anyway, just educated business talk here... sorry to derail thread. I'm not giving gamestop anymore money though... simple as that.

No commission, it's just part of their job.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I managed to get lucky with Metal Slug 7. They only put the slip cover out in the bin. It was in perfect shape and the stickers came off easily (thanks to its glossy surface). The game case itself was still shrink wrapped! Every other game in the bin was, of course, opened. You know, I've always hated the open case thing, but grew to accept it. What I cannot accept, however, is the more recent trend of placing stickers on the paper spines. I will absolutely turn down a game (new or used) if they put one of their stickers on the spine. The case can easily be replaced or cleaned, but those stickers often completely ruin the spine of the case. That's crossing the line right there. How many other industries would allow retailers to get away with literally damaging the product that is being sold as new? Methods for removing sticker residue from a plastic case could ruin a paper sleeve. Sometimes they come off easily, but that is not a guarantee by any means.

I must admit, however, I may have experienced the most lifeless, automated service in my history of shopping at their stores. The person working literally rattled off everything in a manner that makes it seem as if they were literally reading from a sheet of paper. It was like clock work. I was actually pretty surprised by how it all came out. I understand its all policy, but it was like talking to an AI or something. Questions resulted in very specific responses.

Then the DSi was brought up (I was buying a DS game, afterall) and although I politely told them that I had no interest in it, they proceeded to bring up a laundry list of features in such a way that it almost sounded like a Nintendo press release. Really odd.

I don't really visit their shops all that often anymore, however. I've ended up canceling every pre-order I've made there as of late (not going to do it any longer and not sure why I did in the first place). In most cases, other stores end up getting the game at the same time (or earlier) which was NOT the case in the past. Furthermore, many of these stores end up having promotions when purchasing new items and you'll always get a shrink wrapped copy.

I've never taken anything out on the sales people, though, as I know it's tough to deal with the corporate BS. In most cases, however, the people behind the counter still act like normal human beings. The experience today was very different and interesting.

Kingpen said:

i Like how you don't agree with his comment because you 'know' they have torts and contracts in place to adjust..

Not to mention if you throw down a credit card you are costing a fee they have to pay to accept that charge and then cancelling it probably paid back the interest they may have earned..

Either way you are also waisting their labor in paying attention to you since you are using their service as a hop skotch to grab preorders for random games..

Go print out a list and use that as a 'placeholder'

Kintaro

Kingpen said:

No commission, but if reserves aren't met, it can cost them their job. Cancels count against the person who takes it. Even if it wasn't the one who got it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kingpen said:

No commission. However, subs and reserves are tracked as the most basic measure of an employee's performance. You have to do them, basically.

The problem with canceling a preorder is that it counts as -1 preorder for whoever does the cancel. So somebody who gets say, 3 preorders one day might have somebody do a cancel on them and so they only get counted for 2 of them. It's a dumb policy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Toy Soldier said:
Did you get your wired Xplorer 360 guitar, too?

I was surprised that nobody came in to pick that package up this morning when I opened. It rings up right, the guitar is wiped off and you pay $10 for Aerosmith and the guitar. It's gotta be the best deal of the sale.
Is there a listing on this deal anywhere? Gamestop's website doesn't say anything....

borghe

dark10x said:
In most cases, other stores end up getting the game at the same time (or earlier) which was NOT the case in the past. Furthermore, many of these stores end up having promotions when purchasing new items and you'll always get a shrink wrapped copy.
Exactly. Gamestop used to have some valid advantages over the big box stores. Now that those advantages are gone they need to restructure their business. As an example I went in for a DSi today and they said they didn't have any, only units for reserves. Best Buy and Target on the other hand have plenty of units. I am waiting still as I am going to trade in a couple of DSes when they get the i back in stock, but if I Were just flat out buying I would easily just go to Target or Best Buy. and their game situation isn't much better today. These managers REALLY have to do a more proactive job of ordering. I get that they want to keep inventory low on smaller new games, but ordering to sell out 1-6 days before you get more copies in is going to cost you sales, guaranteed.

Kintaro

I think after payday I may hit up the store for more goodies. Not sure what's left though. Maybe Metal Slug 7.

Marvie_3 said:
Is there a listing on this deal anywhere? Gamestop's website doesn't say anything....

I'm not sure, we received notification about it in an e-mail at the store. Apparently the Xplorer + Aerosmith deal was going on before this big sale, so they confirmed in an e-mail that the deal still applied while the game is at $10.

It pops up in the POS once the transaction is about to be finalized - the price of the guitar automatically dips to one cent when it's rung up with GH: Aerosmith, no coupon necessary. Even if a clerk doesn't know about it, the POS will adjust the price automatically.

Top Bottom