• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Gamerdays sale 2009 list

Shadow780

Online is Live! Bought a lot of stuffs...use 5OFF60 if your order is $60 or more, apparently you can save $5 off EVERY game once it goes above $60...:D

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 DS 1
Chrono Trigger DS 1
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained PSP 1
Final Fantasy I PSP 1
Final Fantasy II PSP 1
Phantasy Star Portable PSP 1
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus PSP 1
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns Wii 1
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Wii 1
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Wii 1
Wii Action Pack Wii 2

Shipping Method: USA Value - $0.00 - Allow 5-10 business days for transit & 2 business days for processing.
$219.88

5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Chrono Trigger
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Final Fantasy I
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Final Fantasy II
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Phantasy Star Portable
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
- $5.00 5OFF60 - $5 off any game $59.99 or more. Expires 11/1911:59 PM - Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
- $5.00

Sub-Total: $169.88
Handling: $5.99 SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order.
- $5.99
Estimated Tax: $14.24
Order Total: $184.12

BTW, all your ppl better have at least one copy of Valkyria Chronicles when you checkout whether in store or online.

valkposter.jpg

LaneDS

Anyone else get an error when trying to add Valkyria Chronicles to their cart? Guess I'm getting up early to try and find it in stores.

Edit: Appears to be with anything I try to add at the moment. Guess that's a relief.

Edit 2: Had to add the game to a wish list, and then from there I could add to cart. Totally weird, but ordered. Thanks for the heads up on this sale.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Not wowed by the console games but Castlevania and Silent Hill for $9.99 on PSP isn't bad. I gotta go get God of War now anyway since it is 20 bucks, might pick those up as well.

Is Portable Ops Plus just a bunch of multiplayer crap or did they do anything new with the single player?

DMczaf

Shadow780 said:
Online is Live! Bought a lot of stuffs...use 5OFF60 if your order is $60 or more, apparently you can save $5 off EVERY game once it goes above $60...:D

Thanks, I ended up getting Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, and Mass Effect 2-disc Edition for $49.97.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I told myself I wouldn't spend any more on video games for a little while, but how could I resist? Another copy of Valkyria Chronicles was sold tonight.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Son of Godzilla said:
No way those 5OFF orders go through.

Well just looking at it, doesn't it say "$5 off any game $59.99 or more." I'm surprised they allowed it because I read that to mean you get $5 off all games that are individually priced at $59.99 or higher. But if people are getting it to work for the total offer, more power to them. :D

Shadow780 said:

eternal props to you sir or madam. i bought a bunch of 9.99 psp games and preordered patapon 2. it came to like 79.93 with the deal it took it down to 44.93 with free shipping and then using a 25 dollar gift card took it down to 24.08. for that i got (assuming the order goes through i guess) final fantasy 1 and 2, silent hill origins (never played a sh game before), castlevaina: dracula x, metal gear portable ops plus, ea reply collection and patapon 2.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Leon S. Kennedy said:
The gamestop website shows a permanent price drop of VC to 29.99 so maybe thats why the employee's are saying its not part of the game days.

Gamesdays deal was stated to be online and B&M. If you look at all of the games on the list...you see the price drop note on all of the gamestop.com listings.

I went to the midnight release of DSi (didnt buy one, waiting for more colors) and I couldnt resist picking up Naruto Path of the Ninja 2 for 14 bucks! A great deal.

I also wanted to get Valkyria Chronicles and FFTA2 (more tempting for 19.99). Maybe soon I will get FFTA2 when I get paid.

ruxtpin

Banned
Ordered Valkryia Chronicles and Final Fantasy Tactics for my PSP. Not a bad deal since together they were $45. I've been wanting to play VC.

fatty

I'm getting Valkyria Chronicles eventually but I'm waiting till the $20 price point because I know that I won't be able to get to it for awhile.

Have some questions on some of the other RPGs:

I have the GBA version of FF1&2: Dawn of Souls, are the PSP versions of FF1 and FF2 worth it for $10 or is it basically the same stuff?

FFTactics Advance 2, is it better than the first one for GBA? I loved the original FFTactics but just couldn't get into the GBA FFTA so I'm hoping the second one is better.

I'm on the fence about Phantasy Star Portable having not played PSO.

Blueblur1

I ordered Phantasy Star Portable along with a couple other PSP games. I think this is the best sale GameStop has ever had.

Yaweee

fatty said:
FFTactics Advance 2, is it better than the first one for GBA? I loved the original FFTactics but just couldn't get into the GBA FFTA so I'm hoping the second one is better.

I'd say it's better than FFTA. The storyline blows even more tremendously, but its gameplay is awesome. There's about 300 quests (some of which involve battles, some of which don't), an obnoxious number of classes, a great soundtrack, and pretty good game balance-- much better than either of the previous FFTs. Just make sure you select hard mode, as people often regret selecting normal.

EDIT:

There are some other sales going on right now that some might find useful:

- 75% clearance on all GB and Gameboy Color games (good luck finding any!)
- 10% off all Gamerdays items (coupon in Bioshock 2 GI)
- 30% additional trade-in value for DS games.
- $70 credit for DS Lites towards DSi.

spookyfish said:
Thanks for the coupon codes, Shadow 780.

Ended up canceling my order and reordering again!

Keep an eye on your email, supposedly gamestop.com has a history of canceling orders that use coupon glitches.

:phew: Picked up the only new Valkyria in the city it seems like.......plus the 10% coupon. Pretty pumped to finally get this game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I picked up Test Drive Unlimited for PSP and Stuntman Ignition for the 360. I also picked up a used copy of Resistance Retribution. The place was a madhouse for the DSi. A couple came in and bought 2 a piece for their 4 brats.

The store I went to didn't come close to having all the titles on the list, I would say maybe 30% were available. They had 8 copies of Valkyria Chronicles that didn't get touched while I was there. I ended up there for quite awhile as I was trying to get my "chuf love" on.

Yaweee

I got FFT, Dracula X, Jeanne D'arc, a PSP Slim, and a 1GB memory card for a bit under $190.

Kind of surprised at how limited the PSP selection at Gamestop is. They didn't have half the games I was interested in.

Marvie_3

Banned
I picked up Namco Arcade and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for 360. Also picked up Madworld and a Wii points card while I was there.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yaweee said:
I got FFT, Dracula X, Jeanne D'arc, a PSP Slim, and a 1GB memory card for a bit under $190.

Kind of surprised at how limited the PSP selection at Gamestop is. They didn't have half the games I was interested in.

Well damn you're off to a good start with those three games you got. Pretty nice deal all for $190. Should go back and pick up Phantasy Star Portable though! :D

I ended up just picking up FFT. I don't have a PS3 readily accessible to me for another 3 months so by that time VC will probably be around $30 everywhere, so I passed on that.

... I was REALLY tempted to buy Fire Emblem GameCube, but my GC A/V cable is dead. But I saw it at the GameStop I was at used for $30. Looks like a pretty good deal, I may go back and pick it up... with a GameCube A/V.

Marvie_3 said:
I picked up Namco Arcade and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for 360. Also picked up Madworld and a Wii points card while I was there.

Did you get your wired Xplorer 360 guitar, too?

I was surprised that nobody came in to pick that package up this morning when I opened. It rings up right, the guitar is wiped off and you pay $10 for Aerosmith and the guitar. It's gotta be the best deal of the sale.

I thought about picking up the Diablo set, but ended up just sticking with my two original choices (Boogie Superstar and the Friends trivia game). Great prices on each.

Yaweee

Adam Prime said:
Well damn you're off to a good start with those three games you got. Pretty nice deal all for $190. Should go back and pick up Phantasy Star Portable though! :D

Phantasy Star Universe was the most disappointing game I've ever bought at full price, so there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to get Portable.

Oh, and I actually went out and bought another memory stick at Target before I realized that my used system still had a 1GB card inside it. Returned the 2GB one to Target, but I might get a bigger one if I install custom firmware.

I'm probably going to get Wild Arms XF sometime in the near future, as well as MGS Portable Ops, Acid 2, and Ultimate G&G if I can get good prices.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Toy Soldier said:
Did you get your wired Xplorer 360 guitar, too?

I was surprised that nobody came in to pick that package up this morning when I opened. It rings up right, the guitar is wiped off and you pay $10 for Aerosmith and the guitar. It's gotta be the best deal of the sale.
I thought about picking up the Diablo set, but ended up just sticking with my two original choices (Boogie Superstar and the Friends trivia game). Great prices on each.

I will go up to another location and try that. They didn't even have Aerosmith 360 at the location I went to earlier.

The thing that pissed me off is that all the Gamerdays games are "gutted" (i.e. sold as new after being taken out of their shrink wrap). Then they apply various hideous stickers all over the case. Pissed me off, but I can't complain because it was such a good deal I guess....

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I hate you all GAF.

Picked up a DSi along with Valkyria, Phantasy Star Portable, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Bleach: Dark Souls, and Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

P90

I picked up Phantasy Star Portable. I'd have bought more games, but my backlog says "No!". Plus I'll be pumping a good portion of my gaming time into PS:p. :D

ouchx100 said:
Anyone know if GH aerosmith works with the RB guitar on PS3?

Will go for it if it will work.

I'm pretty sure the sale is just on the 360 Xplorer guitar, just that one particular SKU.

MikeE21286 said:
The thing that pissed me off is that all the Gamerdays games are "gutted" (i.e. sold as new after being taken out of their shrink wrap). Then they apply various hideous stickers all over the case. Pissed me off, but I can't complain because it was such a good deal I guess....

The good thing is that if you buy the games soon, the adhesive comes off totally clean.

Chances are, they've only had those stickers on them since last night (the spine sticker and the price label). I tested a couple of cases while I was there just to see, and they peeled right off - no problem, no trace of a sticker.

Just be SURE to tell them you don't want that final 'sealing' sticker. You forfeit your right to return it as unopened, but still...it's worth not dealing with those stickers, as they leave a TON of residue. The Gamerdays sticker and price labels come off very clean.

Toy Soldier said:
The good thing is that if you buy the games soon, the adhesive comes off totally clean.

Chances are, they've only had those stickers on them since last night (the spine sticker and the price label). I tested a couple of cases while I was there just to see, and they peeled right off - no problem, no trace of a sticker.

Just be SURE to tell them you don't want that final 'sealing' sticker. You forfeit your right to return it as unopened, but still...it's worth not dealing with those stickers, as they leave a TON of residue. The Gamerdays sticker and price labels come off very clean.

Yeah, I as well am well versed in the ways of removing Gamestop/Eb/Babbages/Funcoland stickers over the years :lol

And yep, those stickers came off quick and without residue. And I didn't have a chance to get the words out of my mouth before they put on that god awful last sticker. Luckily, I peeled it off right when I got in the car because, like you were saying, they leave a nasty residue behind.

Bought a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Will crack it open as soon as I finish Uncharted.

EDIT: WTF is up with NeoGAF this past week? I am getting 500 errors, long loads, ect.

Lucis

Oh Man! Thanks on the 5OFF60 Code.
I got:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy II
Chrono Triggers DS
for 49$ shipped!
Awsomely crazy

Kintaro said:
I hate you all GAF.

Picked up a DSi along with Valkyria, Phantasy Star Portable, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Bleach: Dark Souls, and Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

Yeah I love you too :D

Anywho, nice to see that you guys have been able to get some good but more important price friendly games.

AFreak

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
Yeah I love you too :D

Anywho, nice to see that you guys have been able to get some good but more important price friendly games.

Is the 10% off code only in store?

AFreak said:
Is the 10% off code only in store?

It's with the gameinformer Bioshock issue, and if you check my op you'll find a link for the coupon that you can print. Mind you though, YMMV that certain stores will accept a coupon print out instead of the real McCoy ok?

Top Bottom