• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Gamerdays sale 2009 list

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Will they have any console deals like getting extra credit for trading in games for a system, or something like that?

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Or completely unavailable and selling at a premium.

Highly unlikely, IMO. It's published by Sega. Not saying it won't ever get there but it won't be anytime soon.

dallow_bg said:
Is VC that bad of a game to you?

??

If thought it was bad I wouldn't be talking about buying it at all, now would I? I just don't have money to throw around. I've got a massive backlog and due to various factors this game is almost sure to hit $20 or less this year. Why pay extra? I'm patient.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Highly unlikely, IMO. It's published by Sega. Not saying it won't ever get there but it won't be anytime soon.

??

If thought it was bad I wouldn't be talking about buying it at all, now would I? I just don't have money to throw around. I've got a massive backlog and due to various factors this game is almost sure to hit $20 or less this year. Why pay extra? I'm patient.
You can say this about any game really. Everything gets cheaper eventually. (for the most part)

In anycase, thanks for never allowing for a sequel. :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
dallow_bg said:
In anycase, thanks for never allowing for a sequel. :(

you FULL PRICE VC fans need to stop lashing out at people who are kind of interested in this game and are looking for good deals on it. Why not hate people who are completely not interested?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
levious said:
you FULL PRICE VC fans need to stop lashing out at people who are kind of interested in this game and are looking for good deals on it. Why not hate people who are completely not interested?
hehe
$30 is a good deal.
So was $45 at Circuit City when the game launched.

Can't hate on people who have no interest in the game since, well, they have no interest in it. Anyone with an honest interest in this game should put aside whatever other game they were going to get, and just jump in.
DLC is coming pretty soon as well.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well, it looks like I'm going to relent and pick up GH:Aerosmith.

I hope there's a few songs on there that I don't despise.

Thx OP.

Not bad, each game I want is only $10, and that coupon wipes out the tax.

I almost bought Boogie Superstar and the Friends trivia game when they first came out, so I'm glad I held off.

B.K.

I just got an email from Gamestop with the prices for some games.

$9.99
Boogie Superstar
Castlevania
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
WWE Smackdown Raw 2007

$14.99
Call of Duty 2
Dragonball Z
Facebreaker KO Party
Metal Slug 7
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade

$19.99
Ben 10 Alien Force
Game Party 2
Sonic Unleashed

$29.99
Chrono Trigger
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Called my local store. Valkyria Chronicles is NOT on their list for the game days sale. =(

urge26

Kintaro said:
Called my local store. Valkyria Chronicles is NOT on their list for the game days sale. =(

The leak on Gamestop's site last week begs to differ.... employee doesn't know what they're talking about.

urge26 said:
Saturday for those open at Midnight for Dsi launch, Sunday for people like me.

Thanks. It looks like VC is it though. I have been meaning to rebuy MGSIV, Fallout III, and a few others. Let's see if they have another buy two used get one free sale.

gcubed

Somnia said:
Yep like he said if there is a midnight launch it starts at 10PM

awesome, the one by me is open for the midnight launch, i'll be there at 10 to pick up VC, Castlevania and Phantasy Star Portable

Struct09

Another trick is to go to your local Gamestop, buy what you want now, and then get the price difference back on Sunday.

Somnia

gcubed said:
awesome, the one by me is open for the midnight launch, i'll be there at 10 to pick up VC, Castlevania and Phantasy Star Portable

Ya most stores don't have a lot of these 3 either so that is smart. VC is listed as a possible restockable title though so we may get more in over time.

Balb

Struct09 said:
Another trick is to go to your local Gamestop, buy what you want now, and then get the price difference back on Sunday.

I doubt you'd find many of the games on that list new at GameStop before the sale starts.

Kintaro

urge26 said:
The leak on Gamestop's site last week begs to differ.... employee doesn't know what they're talking about.

Welp, considering I work at the store, the employee isn't an idiot and we got in everything for the sale...we didn't get VC in for the sale nor was it on our list. YMMV. As of this moment, it's not at MY store.

Kintaro

Son of Godzilla said:
Doesn't look like it, which sucks. Also seems stupid given the amount of foot traffic the DSi launch would get them.

The Buy 2 get 1 sales are usually spur the moment decisions made when they notice sales are down from the previous year. There's no reason to run one right now since DSi will drive sales along with Gamedays which will sell out of DS games with the new system.

Kintaro said:
The Buy 2 get 1 sales are usually spur the moment decisions made when they notice sales are down from the previous year. There's no reason to run one right now since DSi will drive sales along with Gamedays which will sell out of DS games with the new system.
Go figure, I woulda thought they were timed to go with events that generated more traffic. Boxing Day/etc.

Kintaro

Son of Godzilla said:
Go figure, I woulda thought they were timed to go with events that generated more traffic. Boxing Day/etc.

Sometimes. Most of the time they just pop up because they noticed "oh shit, we're behind last year by <such and such amount>. TWO FOR ONE TIME!"

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kintaro said:
Sometimes. Most of the time they just pop up because they noticed "oh shit, we're behind last year by <such and such amount>. TWO FOR ONE TIME!"

Since you work there, maybe you can answer my questions:

Do Gamestops do price matching? Over at CAG it was suggested that if you want a certain game ungutted you should buy it before the sale, return, and re-buy to get the Gamedays price. Is that a normal practice or is it YMMV and dependent on if the staff is feeling nice that day?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Balb said:
I doubt you'd find many of the games on that list new at GameStop before the sale starts.

You probably will, actually. They've been sending us shipments of the games that will go on sale for a few weeks now, with no instructions to hold them back or anything.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Got VC and Chrono Trigger when I picked up my DSi. The store only had 2 copies of VC and 1 CT. Probably going to be tough to find these if you don't go in the first few days.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At the prices they have, the only single thing I want is the Namco Collection, and I bought that about a month ago D:

*Continues to look for receipt to try and get lower price*

Firestorm

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Er, I'd get it for $30 before it's impossible to find it for under $60. Better to pay $10 more than you want now rather than $40 more than you want in the future. The game is rare. It's hard enough finding it for full price at the moment in Canada. For some reason it costs $10 more than every other game too... The two major electronics retailers (Future Shop and Best Buy) have it as discontinued.

I got mine used for $20 a few months ago but I got lucky =/

Top Bottom