• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop: PS5 cash trade-in value $300/$330(digtal) $325/$357(disc) today.

Leonidas

The higher value is the Pro value ($25 membership required).

Didn't think I'd ever step into a Game Stop again but I guess I will, one last time, since my PS5 has been collecting dust I thought I might as well get ~$300 cash out of it while I can. Since they are offering cash/Master card gift-card, I won't have to worry about using the trade-in money at Game Stop.

$300 is more than I'd get even if I sold it online (after fees/shipping), and I don't have to deal with the hassle with a GameStop trade-in.

I never bought a peice of software on the PS5 either so I'm only losing out $100 after owning it for several years.

Trading in consoles to GameStop has probably been the only reason I stepped into their store in the past 4 years.

reinking

Gold Member
Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

Considering it, but I have to wonder what exclusives are coming down the pipeline first. Are there any must have games coming only to PlayStation?

Quantum253

The higher value is the Pro value ($25 membership required).

Didn't think I'd ever step into a Game Stop again but I guess I will, one last time, since my PS5 has been collecting dust I thought I might as well get ~$300 cash out of it while I can. Since they are offering cash/Master card gift-card, I won't have to worry about using the trade-in money at Game Stop.

$300 is more than I'd get even if I sold it online (after fees/shipping), and I don't have to deal with the hassle with a GameStop trade-in.

I never bought a peice of software on the PS5 either so I'm only losing out $100 after owning it for several years.

Trading in consoles to GameStop has probably been the only reason I stepped into their store in the past 4 years.
Is the resale market that bad now for a PS5? Not getting $275 for a disk unit?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wouldn't want to sell my PS5 online due to the size of it and shipping costs.
However, I still can't play GT7 or the Vanillaware titles on PC (yet) so I'm keeping mine. I don't plan on getting a Pro.

Leonidas

Mine has been a paperweight but I might as well keep it for PS4 games. I'm still expecting Sony 1st party to finish really strong in the last 1-2 years the system is supported.
Yeah, PS4 games was the only reason I had the PS5 basically (outside of the time I had PS+ Extra).

I can do without those games for the time being though, I've had the system for years and barely played them.

I'll probably just end up getting a used PS4 if I ever want to play those games again, as a used PS4 is way less than the $300 I'll get in this trade-in, and the used PS4 comes with a disc drive, something my PS5 didn't have.

Considering it, but I have to wonder what exclusives are coming down the pipeline first. Are there any must have games coming only to PlayStation?
Most games will probably come to PC after a few years...

I'm still waiting for the "base" PS5 to drop ~$100 below release day price (currently it's ~$85 above release day price).
Disc version has been as low as $450 with Spider-Man 2, that's effectively $100 off if you count the free game. That's the type of deal I'll be looking for with the PS5 Pro, if I do end up getting one...

Is the resale market that bad now for a PS5? Not getting $275 for a disk unit?
I've got the Digital, I don't think I could easily get $300 after the fees/shipping. Disc would get more...

Elbereth

My Series X is on the hot seat right now…

Perhaps I’ll just wait until the next-gen Xbox is announced and evaluate the trade at that time.

Mithos

Disc version has been as low as $450 with Spider-Man 2, that's effectively $100 off if you count the free game. That's the type of deal I'll be looking for with the PS5 Pro, if I do end up getting one...

Maybe it was "dumb" to use $ pricing, but none would get the local price if I wrote them and they would need to convert it anyways so I did it for everyone.
Around here the PS5 (disc) have at best been back down to what price it was release at day one.

But here goes.. 5990sek (~us$567) at release, went up to 7300sek (~us$691) and currently at 6900sek (us~$653), some temporary sale (just last week and on one single store) had it back down to 5790sek (~us$548) so just below initial pricing.

Also no interest in that game so its worth 0 for me.

splattered

I barely turn mine on anymore... I didn't even realize my psn subscription lapsed at the end if this last year. Wish I could sell it with the psvr2 and all my games for a decent chunk. I'll prob just hold onto it like a dummy cause too lazy to sell it. Maybe I'll hand it down to one of my kids or something.

Leonidas

Also no interest in that game so its worth 0 for me.
Couldn't you sell the game? That'd be worth something. I always sell bundled games I'm not interested in.

Why would you even get that if you never bought software for the console to begin with? Why even buy something not to use it?
I played PS5 games when I had PS+ Extra, I could sign up for that again (if there is a good deal on the subscription).

I used my PS5 the most when I had the PS+ Extra sub, I think I beat like 30 games in a year, but that ran out a while ago, so its been collecting dust ever since.

nikos

Been thinking about selling mine. This seems to be more than what they're going for in my area. Thinking about heading over there. Wonder if they'll offer the same tomorrow.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ps5 pro won’t be out for a few months. I will turn it in then. Gamestop has really good bonuses for trading in stuff towards new hardware and games.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I just bought a second PS5 because I wanted a slim to travel with and the bundles are still discounted. I should probably sell my OG disc model since I haven't really used it since I got the slim.

I hope they have a similar trade in when the Pro releases. Gonn a be trading in my PS5 for a Pro and this is a pretty good offer.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That is a really good offer, they are definitely not going to offer the same in November.

baphomet

Trade in value for a company that's probably months from filing bankruptcy.

Unless you're using the trade in immediately it's pretty risky.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I have a few old PS5's that haven't been updated. Probably take them the ebay route and add a few $ to account for the low system software version. $300 seems like a fair deal if you have a launch console.
This being in the US:
6UQUSm0.png

Last edited:
Really wish I'd got the disc version as my digital PS5 gets very little use and now I'm in the market for a 4K BluRay but don't want to buy a standalone player and want to wait and see what Xbox announce before buying a Series X, but I also want to keep my PS5 for any exclusives I might be interested in ...

Last edited:

AJUMP23

If you trade it in and use it on something else cool but if you ever go buy a ps5 again you are foolish.

pqueue

Jokes on You

Gamestop likely to file Chapter 11 before the PS5 pro comes out./ :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is them desperately trying to get a cash inflow to cover current expenses.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This week its same cash as credit, so you'd get $300-$357 if traded-in today.

0ZmA9hl.png

Is this valid in Canada too? Definately don't trust them with a credit, as others have said, they could be closed any day now.

Last edited:

LordBritish

Would love to trade in my PS5 with drive for a much slimmer pro.... this honking thing gotta get alot smaller right?

Leonidas

Oh, so one day only? darn
Its still valid on 4/9 according to the values I'm looking at on the website right now.

Glad to see it too, since it took too long for me to backup the PS5 yesterday, I'll be doing the trade-in today.

I only put "today" in the title since trade in values could change on any day.

BlackTron

If you trade it in and use it on something else cool but if you ever go buy a ps5 again you are foolish.

I would usually agree but with Pro on the horizon it makes sense to cash out early before it affects the base PS5 market that badly. Especially if he has a digital PS5, meh dump it while you can lol

Top Bottom