• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers Best of E3 2010 Awards

Cerberus

Best Graphics
Crysis 2
Gears of War 3
Killzone 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Rage

One To Watch
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
inFamous 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
XCOM

Best PSP Game
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Patapon 3
The 3rd Birthday
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Most Embarrassing Moment
Technical Errors - Konami
Kinect Video Chat - Microsoft
Russell Simmons Ramblings - Konami
Glee Performance - Konami

Skittles Kinectimals - Microsoft
Luchador Fight - Konami
Dance Dance Revolution? - Konami

Laser Tag - Ubisoft
The Head Trick - Konami
Zelda Skyward Sword Demo - Nintendo
Breathing Game - Ubisoft
Best Shooting Game Evar - Konami
Silent Hill Stare - Konami
Deca Sports Freedom - Konami
Nintey-Nine Nights II Ramble - Konami

Kirby is gorgeous.
Konami :bow

EmCeeGramr said:

indeed

Kirby looks pretty insane and like one of those games that will still look impressive even after a decade passes. The game itself seems a bit boring but it looks wonderful.

El Shaddai is another game that had killer style and impressed me.

I think One to Watch sans Xcom and the actual winner were good picks. Deus Ex 3, Infamou 2, Kid Icarus 3DS, and MGS Rising are four of the games I want most.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Cerberus said:
Best Graphics
Crysis 2
Gears of War 3
Killzone 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Rage

Awww Gt is trying to be different.

Anyway, award makes no sense. Best Graphics category is too vague if there gonna give it to Kirby. They need a "Best Art Direction" or some crap like that. Clearly on a technical level it is not a contender.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
RefigeKru said:
I haven't watched Konami's conference.

This Naoki Maeda chap, his engrish is incredible.
VERY VERY EXERCISE!

And is Hydrophobia really that great? It looked kinda meh when I last saw gameplay of it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
~Kinggi~ said:

Anyway, award makes no sense. Best Graphics category is too vague if there gonna give it to Kirby. They need a "Best Art Direction" or some crap like that. Clearly on a technical level it is not a contender.

Where is it written that "graphics" always denotes (or should always denote) "visuals on a technical level"?

~Kinggi~ said:

Well, you say yourself that the category is vague, so how can you be so sure that Kirby doesn't fit in there because of the art style?

But I agree with you that there should be a distinction between the categories "graphical power" and "art direction" to avoid confusion and bitching.

pakkit

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:

Graphics means how the game looks. GT maintains that the game looks better than the other games they listed and I'm inclined to agree. I think there are plenty of people that are suffering from FPS fatigue.

Flakster99

Groovy that Kirby's Epic Yarn is getting some positive press. The game truly exites me on many levels, man I cannot wait to play. :D

faridmon

~Kinggi~ said:

You are just contradicting yourself.

I think I am the only one who is not as hyped for Kirby as everyone else. I am hyped, don't get me wrong, but super duper mega hyped.

The reactions are glorious.

imt9xl.png

Raxus

AniHawk said:
I don't get it. All they did was rip off yarn. KZ3 looks a lot better because it's in eye-popping 3D.
Eye popping? That sounds.... uncomfortable.

I vote for Kirby.

Ignis Fatuus said:
The reactions are glorious.

imt9xl.png
I remember when GT first got their forums I came across some of the most retarded posters on the internet. I think these comments reinforce that view :lol.

On-topic:
Pretty good choices on everything. Kudos GT, hopefully they get the rest of the categories right.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Watching the most embarrassing moments vid, and I'm just laughing at how its going like Ubisoft-Konami-Microsoft-Konami-Nintendo-Konami-Microsoft-Konami-Konami :lol :lol

RagnarokX

~Kinggi~ said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics

"Graphics (from Greek γραφικός graphia) are visual presentations on some surface, such as a wall, canvas, computer screen, paper, or stone to brand, inform, illustrate, or entertain"

"Graphics can be functional or artistic."

soldat7

pakkit said:
Graphics means how the game looks. GT maintains that the game looks better than the other games they listed and I'm inclined to agree. I think there are plenty of people that are suffering from FPS fatigue.

I agree with this 100%. 'Visuals' would probably be a better term than 'graphics' these days. Too many people think that good graphics implies realism and fancy explosions.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ignis Fatuus said:
I thought this was funny at first but then I realized:

Dark FPS
Dark FPS
Dark FPS
Cutest Thing Ever
Dark FPS

Well deserved I suppose.

Oh give Rage some credit. It is very colorful and vibrant.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damnit. I was REALLY hoping this year we would have gotten past this E3 awards bullshit. It was satisfying to hear that most gaming podcasts nary brought up the issue during the show...but alas. :( Can't wait to see all those lame Best of E3 stickers cockblocking my game cases this winter!!

Once again GiantBomb proves to be the future of gaming journalism awesomeness!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh sweet lord at the comments after the Kirby vid

That's a joke,... right???? Every game developer can create a graphyv like the winner game. Nintendo haven't got something like a graphic in my opinion. XBOX 360, PC and PS3 have graphic!

StuBurns

Banned
If it's the artistic quality of the graphics (the other entries would imply it's not), without question Kirby should have won, it's beautiful.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
TheThunder said:
I thought new DKC looked the best tbh.

The sunset scene *drool*

Yeah, the new Donkey Kong Country looked awesome. When I pick up a Wii again, I will probably buy Kirby, DKC, New Super Bros. Wii, and Galaxy 2 all at the same time.

Top Bottom