• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Top 10 Most Anticipated 2015 Games

kpaadet

Rightfully not on the list given what has been shown. Games need to really stand out gameplay wise in 2015 to stand a chance of making these lists.
Really? The only game on that list that stands out to me gameplay wise is No Man's Sky (and maybe MGSV to some degree), granted I don't think you need gameplay that stands out in order to be an amazing game.

Verendus

Banned
I just don't get it. What happened to this business? Where have all the real games gone? Where's the next gen gameplay?

Really? The only game on that list that stands out to me gameplay wise is No Man's Sky (and maybe MGSV to some degree), granted I don't think you need gameplay that stands out in order to be an amazing game.

I think the gameplay of most of the titles in the list looks strong, especially Bloodborne, MGS and Uncharted. Actually, No Man's Sky and The Witcher are the titles I doubt the most gameplay-wise.

Hiko

Banned
Zelda and Bloodborne are the only two games that do anything for me. Outside of those two companies I don't give a shit about the rest of this worthless industry.

Philippo

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) - Don't have a WiiU, recent Zeldas left me mostly uninterested
2. Bloodborne - Day 1
3. The Witcher 3 - Day fucking 0
4. Persona 5 - Day fucking 0 too
5. MGSV: The Phantom Pain - Very interested, but will probably pick it up used if it comes before July
6. Batman: Arkham Knight - I'm interested, but i made a tight schedule and this doesn't fit in
7. Overwatch - Not interested in pseudo FPS-Moba hybrid
8. No Man's Sky - Day 1, although i'm still a bit skeptical
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X - Looks promising, but not without it's fair share of flaws (characters, plot synopsis, user-made protagonist etc.)
10. Uncharted 4 - Will eventually pick up along the road, i'd like an HD collection to catch up the previous games before

Answers are bolded.

UrbanRats

Nothing that From made is riding the same wave of adoration that TLoU is right now, and that was a game restricted to a single platform for a whole year. ND are on peak form, and after the PSX showing in December, I don't see how it's a surprise to anyone that Uncharted 4 came out on top in the NeoGAF poll, whether they like it or not.
I'm not necessarily surprised, i'm saying i don't agree, which is why i don't think GAF's ordering is better.
I think the ripples Dark Souls made in the industry are far deeper than those Last of Us made, for good reason (again, LoU was my 2013 GOTY, so don't take that as a slight towards the game) and i think Bloodborne will be far more exciting for exactly that reason.
Especially because the most interesting elements in Last of Us' storytelling and what differentiate it a lot from most other AAA videogames, don't really apply to the Uncharted franchise that well (which is: the ability to tell a story with some restraint).

As for The Order, why would I limit myself to playing one cinematic third-person shooter this year? Especially when one is coming out near the beginning of 2014 and the other, I assume for now, is coming out towards the end. And I don't think there's anything particularly ordinary about the game. Thus far, there's been a real dearth of linear cover shooters released this gen, and given the setting, the premise and the weapon selection, I think The Order is actually quite a breath of fresh air in these open-world obsessed times.
Because Uncharted 4 looks a lot of fun to actually play, asking the player to be creative even in more linear environments.
I can definitely see reasons why someone would want to play The Order, it's got pretty graphics and high production values, and would probably make a great rental to play in one night and bring back, but i really don't see anything about it that is remotely interesting beyond that.

sn00zer

Ask the majority of people what the best game ever is a lot of people will say "Ocarina Of Time." I think people are excited because for the first time Nintendo is trying to offer something different in the series. We all know Zelda is going to be good, but will it be remembered. I guess people are waiting for the equivalent of a "Link To The Past" or "Ocarina of Time." So far Nintendo seems to be saying all the right things. It remains to be seen if they can deliver on these promises.

Its different for Zelda, but its been pretty much status quo since Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Feels like Zelda is playing catch up rather than doing something new and exciting.

kpaadet

I think the gameplay of most of the titles in the list looks strong, especially Bloodborne, MGS and Uncharted. Actually, No Man's Sky and The Witcher are the titles I doubt the most gameplay-wise.
If you think I meant the other games look weak then you misunderstood me, the post I quoted said "stand out". Uncharted and Bloodborne look amazing but their gameplay dosn't stand out to me when I've already played UC1-3 and all the other Souls games, meanwhile NMS does something I don't remeber seeing (maybe Star Citizen or Elite does but I havn't really followed those much).

Zelda and Bloodborne are the only two games that do anything for me. Outside of those two companies I don't give a shit about the rest of this worthless industry.
Lookoutwegotabadassoverhere.jpg

dlauv

Zelda has gotten so stale it has retroactively started to kill my respect for Ocarina. Impossible to get excited for it, especially since all they've shown was a big empty world, which is one of my problems with Twilight Princess.

Bloodborne looks like everything I could possibly want after Dark Souls, but I don't see a PS4 in my future.

So it's Witcher 3 and Arkham hype for me. Ground Zeroes was fun, but I never really get excited for MGS. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though.

Exactly half of that list is japanese made home console games. It would've been 6 for sure if FFXV was coming out this year.

Always happy to see this happening. May we never loose high quality home console japanese games.

Zelda has gotten so stale it has retroactively started to kill my respect for Ocarina. Impossible to get excited for it, especially since all they've shown was a big empty world, which is one of my problems with Twilight Princess.

Bloodborne looks like everything I could possibly want after Dark Souls, but I don't see a PS4 in my future.

So it's Witcher 3 and Arkham hype for me. Ground Zeroes was fun, but I never really get excited for MGS. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though.
I agree with the stale part. TP was as by the numbers Zelda and generic as possible and SS bored me to death with its backtracking, padding and horrible swimming/flying controls (combat wasn't so bad).

But I also think this new game deserves the benefit of the doubt. If only because they're finally going open world with this one.

In a few months during E3 we'll see what this Zelda is really about. And get its final name!

chadboban

Well there havent been a whole lot of new Zelda games to talk about. Two remakes, a Dynasty Warrior game, and an original 3DS ame that came out a year ago.

Two remakes? If you're counting Ocarina of Time 3DS, then you have to count Skyward Sword as well since it came out after Ocarina 3D.

Vuapol

Of that list...

10. Uncharted 4
1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
8. No Man's Sky
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Persona 5

That would be my hype machine. Love Zelda, Uncharted and the Arkham series. Never played a Metal Gear, Persona or Xenoblade before, but these entries look too good to not just jump in. Still skeptical of No Man's Sky, but we shall see. The rest aren't my thing.

As for my list:

1. Just Cause 3
2. Uncharted 4
3. Treyarch's CoD (I don't think my heart could take World at War 2)
4. Yoshi's Wooly World
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
7. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
8. Star Fox
9. Assassin's Creed Victory
10. The Order: 1886/No Man's Sky/Splatoon

Looks like a good year. And this is just the stuff we know of right now. Who knows what will be announced by E3.

Holy Shit!! Starfox 64 was the first game i played with a rumblepack. The gameplay alone was all kinds of awesome, but the pack just threw it into futuristic levels back then.

This could well be the year i crumble and get a U.
better start making excuses for some overtime :) lol

RK128

I will never get the Zelda hype.

Well, the series is famous for high quality releases for decades, so even if recent tittles (the original DS Zeldas and Skyward Sword) may have disappointed some, Nintendo seems to be on the right track with the series :).

Link Between Worlds shows they aren't afraid to mix things up for the next big Zelda (dungeons not following the OoT formula), so I have hope the Wii U Zelda ends up being a great game for the platform :).

While all the 3D Zelda's so far haven't topped my utter most favorite game in the franchise (Majora's Mask), I highly respect most of them for being high quality games :). Hope the Wii U game is the one that finally tops MM as my favorite Zelda :D.

Regarding GT's Top 10 list, great selection I think. Many games that hold potental of being great tittles and some great picks to boot (Bloodborn looks to be the best first party Sony game coming to the PS4 thus far while Zelda U hold potential to really be something :D).

Omitting games like Order 1886 and the like.....makes since to me at least :l. For games like that, we really have to play them first-hand to properly judge them (as they are heavily dependent on its story being good and how that ties with the core gameplay).

Uncharted 2 for example is a fantastic game.....as an entire package; dissect the gameplay part from its set-pieces and story and you end up with a standard shooter. What made UC2 so great was it blending standard gameplay with tons of polish while also having really dynamic level designs via the set-pieces :).

Order didn't show that off just yet, so until the full game launches, we can properly determine if it's just 'another shooter' or not. Even then, it seems to be a very solid one, so at least it will end up as a fun game in the long run :D.

Edit: My top ten comes from this in no particular order:

1) Majora's Mask 3D
2) Persona 5
3) Ys
4) Code Name STEAM
5) Sword Art Online: Lost Song
6) Grim Fandago Remastered
7) Day of the Tentacle Remasterd
8) Kirby's Canvas Curse
9) Zelda U
10) Splatoon

I don't own a PS4/X1/Wii U, so I mainly sticking with 3DS/Vita stuff.

jrush64

Banned
Wow at the Zelda hate. Pretty solid list. Except I'll put Uncharted 4 just below Zelda and move Bloodborne off the list.

UrbanRats

The character variety, design and art style definitely warrants excitement. I don't even play fps but watching the trailers for the game makes me want to try it.

Me too.
Competitive arena FPS are about as removed as it gets from my ideal game, but i still want to keep an eye on it just for how good the designs look.
Has to count for something.

For anticipation, Zelda, Xenoblade and Persona 5 are in their own league for me. Ridiculously hyped for all three of them. Will also pick it up Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and potentially The Witcher too.

Starfox, battlefront, and the unannounced Rare game are far more exciting possibilities than anything on that list. Also no MKX? c'mon son

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Looking forward to Zelda and Witcher
I'll definitely try Overwatch when it comes out.
No Man's Sky seems both amazing and incredibly boring to me. It's a game I like looking at but I have a feeling I'm not gonna enjoy playing it.
I'd buy Bloodborne and Persona if I had a PS4, not interested in Uncharted though.
Metal Gear....let's wait and see.
Kinda burned out on Batman, maybe I'll pick it up later.
And I have no idea what to think of Xenoblade. I love the look of the environements but the combat looks a bit boring to me.

Good list though.

A lot of the things on the list have an element of surprise and mystery still left. (The most "known" element was probably Uncharted 4, which barely made the list.) I'm sure for most people the assumption is that Halo 5 will simply be "more Halo." That isn't bad, of course, but it's harder to feel anticipation for, especially for games journalist who play so many games in a year that they don't seem to usually have a favorite shooter they come back to again and again. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I see what you're saying. But the thing about halo is, or maybe was at this point, the 3rd or 4th most iconic video game franchises of all time. When Halo 4 first came out a lot of people were saying it had a lot of ground to make up for because cod took over as the most popular game on xbox. But the difference here is halo is an exclusive franchise, so it's one that adds more value to that platform. The bigger it is, the more telling it is about the rep of the franchise itself, since it is only found in 1 place.

You're right that Uc4 barely made it to the list, and while it is pretty much PlayStation's Halo nowadays, it hasn't been around since PlayStation's beginning, let alone as long as Halo's been around.

Top Bottom