• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015: Community Picks

That is a good list and I will definitely play all of them and hopefully they all releases this year. FFXV in 2015 would be so amazing but I don't know... one can hope

Gleethor

Ehh... I think some are giving too much importance to this list. Many multiplats aren't on there either but they will probably sell more than a lot of the games on the list.

Yup. Assassin's Creed Victory and Call of Duty Whatever will outsell most if not all of these titles. They probably won't fare as well critically however.

Loakum

Banned
Man...some of those comments are cringeworthy.

?

Yup. Assassin's Creed Victory and Call of Duty Whatever will outsell most if not all of these titles. They probably won't fare as well critically however.

Call of Duty...yeah, that's a sure bet. Assassin's Creed Victory? I don't know. Ubisoft really, really done major harm to their brand with ACUnity. ACVictory has to REALLY impress the hell out of folks. It has a real up hill climb.

Come on guys, are you hyped for the concept or the gameplay, because the first look was arse.

What first look? Do you mean the 20 seconds long teaser from last e3, or the offscreen alpha (maybe even pre-alpha) from that game show? Because I don't think any of those are a solid comparative to what the finished product is intended to be...

I would have added an /s to indicate it was tongue-in-cheek but that would imply the overall statement is disingenuous.

So I will make a new, fairer statement.

Why has that early demo got so many people excited.

(FTFY) Because is Zelda?

Saying that you're offended that people are hyped for a highly anticipated entry in a well regarded series is generally just a weird, antagonistic thing to say regardless of what the game is.

I would have added an /s to indicate it was tongue-in-cheek but that would imply the overall statement is disingenuous.

Why has that shitty demo got so many people excited.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So uh guys...can someone tell me why FF15 is on there, and why Persona and Bloodborne are not top 5?

So uh guys...can someone tell me why FF15 is on there, and why Persona and Bloodborne are not top 5?

FF15 is on there because despite all the undermining that Square has done to the FF name, the FF series still carries some considerable weight. Plus, that recent preview video Square released for it, looked pretty damn good, so that was helped vaunt the title quite a bit.

As for why Persona and Bloodborne didn't make it into the top 5. That is easy. Those titles are too niche to be top 5 material. Its impressive they made the top 10, at all.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Hideo%20kojima_zpsezn5xuvn.gif

I was in a QB thread here recently, and people were tearing it apart for Remedy saying that it was their most ambitious title.
):

That horrible E3 demonstration last year didn't help.

The shooting mechanics looked bland and the "Time powers" looked fairly simplistic.

I still feel it will be a great title, but that presentation was a massive let down. Plus, I am still fairy doubtful it will make a 2015 appearance. Remedy isn't an expeditious developer.

Nanashrew

Banned

Why has that shitty demo got so many people excited.

Because we are?

Dissecting it was really fun. There were lots of neat stuff hiding away in the demo, and RagnarokX with their excellent map skills to try to understand how big it was.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
FF15 is on there because despite all the undermining that Square has done to the FF name, the FF series still carries some considerable weight. Plus, that recent preview video Square released for it, looked pretty damn good, so that was helped vaunt the title quite a bit.

As for why Persona and Bloodborne didn't make it into the top 5. That is easy. Those titles are too niche to be top 5 material. Its impressive they made the top 10, at all.

"niche"? You mean From Software's games after Demon's Souls and Dark Souls? SMT gains critical acclaim every single time and yet apparently is "niche"?!

That horrible E3 demonstration last year didn't help.

The shooting mechanics looked bland and the "Time powers" looked fairly simplistic.

I still feel it will be a great title, but that presentation was a massive let down. Plus, I am still fairy doubtful it will make a 2015 appearance. Remedy isn't an expeditious developer.

E3??
You mean Gamescom?

The shooting mechanics were the same that you would find in any 3rd person action game like uncharted (I mean what do you expect).
...and the powers were simple, not simplistic. Allan Wake's flashlight mechanic could be called simplistic as all you did was point it at stuff to take down enemies shield of darkness.
The only reason why the game mechanic wasn't a total disaster was because they were able to variate on the enemies and stuff enough to keep it at least a little interesting.

In QB, you can use time powers to freeze people, to move from place to place without people seeing you, and to manipulate unstable objects and hurl them at enemies.
Not to mention that there will be parkour sections.

But of coarse, the main coarse for the game will probably be the story as that seems to be what Remedy is best at doing.

Game4life

Banned
I'm still let down that this title, Zelda or Uncharted didn't take the top spot.

I mean, come on! Witcher 3 number 1? IT looks great, but #1???

I dont think anything we have seen of the Witcher 3 from a gameplay perspective looks as interesting as MGS or Uncharted 4 but it does look beautiful so there is that.

SeanTSC

Yay my votes of Bloodborne and Xenoblade X made the list. Also every single one of those games were on my Buy List already.

BY2K

Membero Americo
We're getting a new Halo, a new Zelda, a new Metal Gear, a new Tomb Raider, a new Uncharted all in the same year.

The holiday season is gonna be a bloodbath.

Despera

Banned
2 WiiU exclusives, 4 for the PS4 (if we count NMS since it hasn't been announced for the bone yet) and not a single Xbone exclusive.

That's kinda telling.

Wonder if the xbox one exclusivity deal tarnished Rise of the Tomb Raider anticipation with fans. no one's hyped for Quantum break or Just Cause 3?

I think the anticipation for JC3 will change once we finally get a trailer for it. That might come at GDC since they recently indicated that they were preparing a trailer.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder if this bath is Bloodborne.

Well aside from probably Metal Gear, there's huge chances we're gonna get all these games in the same month, just saying.

Prepare your wallets.

EDIT: I think the lack of hype for Rise of the Tomb Raider comes from the fact that we haven't seen any gameplay yet of the game. We'll have to wait E3 for that. Have we seen any single player stuff from Halo 5?

Is there a top 10 anticipated 2015 games list voted by a community that has Halo 5 in it? The ones I've seen (NeoGAF, GameTrailers, GameTrailers community) didn't have it in.

You only mentioned 2 sites. And we all love GAF, but XB1 owners are in the minority here even compared to Wii U owners based on that user poll. I don't see it as shocking that Halo 5 was only #13.

Just like if Tomb Raider was on multiple platforms in 2015, it would've made the Top 20 at the very least(even without gameplay footage). It's not a bad thing, it's completely understandable that one wouldn't be hyped for a game only releasing a console they don't own.

Well aside from probably Metal Gear, there's huge chances we're gonna get all these games in the same month, just saying.

Prepare your wallets.

EDIT: I think the lack of hype for Rise of the Tomb Raider comes from the fact that we haven't seen any gameplay yet of the game. We'll have to wait E3 for that. Have we seen any single player stuff from Halo 5?
My post was supposed to be a play on bloodbath and Bloodborne but you didn't get it lol.

Honestly, Halo 5 has a lot to prove. After the sub par launch of MCC and Luke warm impressions from the beta, 343 will have to blow people's minds.

FluxWaveZ

You only mentioned 2 sites. And we all love GAF, but XB1 owners are in the minority here even compared to Wii U owners based on that user poll. I don't see it as shocking that Halo 5 was only #13.

Just like if Tomb Raider was on multiple platforms in 2015, it would've made the Top 20 at the very least(even without gameplay footage). It's not a bad thing, it's completely understandable that one wouldn't be hyped for a game only releasing a console they don't own.

Um, dude, I was just asking. Why are you being defensive?

mario_O

I don't get all the hype the Witcher gets...finished Witcher 2 a couple of weeks ago, and it was the usual mmoesque quests with button-mash combat. The story was OK.
Number one for me has to be Zelda. Hopefully it will make it for 2015.

Only games that interest me on the list are Zelda, Uncharted, and Batman.

While Halo 4 and MCC didn't help, the series is just simply getting old. There will still be hype for it but I don't think the series will ever go back to the hype of Halo 2 and 3. The series is older + there's too many other shooters now.

Yet its still the best.

It's awesome to see Xenoblade Chronicles X on this list. It's still kind of funny to think that Nintendo of America was extremely hesitant to publish the first game.

x-Lundz-x

Really good list actually, even though it sucks to not see The Order on there. I'm surprised Rise of the Tomb Raider, or hell not even a single XB1 exclusive on the list.

No love for Quantum Break :(

Top Bottom