• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015: Community Picks

Really good list actually, even though it sucks to not see The Order on there. I'm surprised Rise of the Tomb Raider, or hell not even a single XB1 exclusive on the list.

No love for Quantum Break :(

Yeah, the lack of Quantum Break sucks. It's easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Cream

Banned
2015 GOTY thread:

wpid-38b84c73d78198c0749a392a81267bad.jpg

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I wish I could get excited for No Man's Sky... it seems like my perfect game, just gives me an awe of disappointment though.

...but The Witcher 3, I see that eating my life come May!

no Halo 5 surprising. 2 ps4 exclusives and 2 wii u exclusives. hmmm.

I think, come November, a lot of people are in for a surprise qhen it comes to Halo 5. The series isn't what it once was, that much is quite evident. The PS4 selling more isn't an excuse either, since the top game was a Wii U exclusive which has sold even less. Halo has just fallen hard, little to no buzz.

no mans sky is coming to pc and persona 5 is coming to ps3, but i get what you mean.

Wonder if the xbox one exclusivity deal tarnished Rise of the Tomb Raider anticipation with fans. no one's hyped for Quantum break or Just Cause 3?

yeah they should just have swapped it out with mortal kombat x

A side note, we are in a year where a new Uncharted game, Batman game, Zelda game are coming out. This alone makes 2015 freaking awesome.

Has NMS been announced for PC? Or are you just assuming?

I'm pretty sure all we know is it's coming to PS4 and that the deva were looking at other platforms like PC as a possibility. I'm pretty sure it'll come, just asking.

I'm excited for QB but the game, while it may be great, probably won't be a big seller or garner much attention, probably like AW. I've no doubt it'll be great

Tomb Raider was just tarnished by the moneyhat, it's also getting and going to get completely exlipsed and outclassed by UC4.

x-Lundz-x

I think, come November, a lot of people are in for a surprise qhen it comes to Halo 5. The series isn't what it once was, that much is quite evident. The PS4 selling more isn't an excuse either, since the top game was a Wii U exclusive which has sold even less. Halo has just fallen hard, little to no buzz.

Has NMS been announced for PC? Or are you just assuming?

I'm pretty sure all we know is it's coming to PS4 and that the deva were looking at other platforms like PC as a possibility.

I'm excited for QB but the game, while it may be great, probably won't be a big seller or garner much attention, probably like AW. I've no doubt it'll be great

Tomb Raider was just tarnished by the moneyhat, it's also getting and going to get completely exlipsed and outclassed by UC4.

I wouldn't be so sure. Will I think UC4 will be the better game? Of course. But Crystal Dynamics did a lot of fantastic things with the Tomb Raider reboot and I thought it took a lot of things from uncharted and other games and made them their own. It easily one of my most wanted games this year, despite the moneyhatting which still upsets me.

I wouldn't be so sure. Will I think UC4 will be the better game? Of course. But Crystal Dynamics did a lot of fantastic things with the Tomb Raider reboot and I thought it took a lot of things from uncharted and other games and made them their own. It easily one of my most wanted games this year, despite the moneyhatting which still upsets me.

The thing about TR was that it was just so forgettable. It was fun game but I have zero memory of the story or the characters. I only remember Lara because she's the main Character and even then she was incredibly boring.

UC as a whole is an entirely different league and I don't see that changing this year. what's more, the moneyhat probably did hit the franchise hard and on top of that we've heard next to nothing about it (not to mention it's cross gen which I find worse than the moneyhat)

So all in all, I can see why it's likely nowhere near any most anticipated lists (outside of personal ones).

Bgamer90

Banned

I agree that the series has lost the hype it once had but "little to no buzz"? Really?

A bit silly to make these mainstream success conclusions on a list voted by hardcore gamers.

I agree that the series has lost the hype it once had but "little to no buzz"? Really?

A bit silly to make these mainstream success conclusions on a list voted by hardcore gamers.

Well what I mean is, it just doesn't feel like a new Halo coming out. Compare it to Hal 3, or Reach, or heck even Halo 4. The MCC certainly hasn't helped matters.

But hey, I may be wrong. things might change, I just have no faith in 343

x-Lundz-x

The thing about TR was that it was just so forgettable. It was fun game but I have zero memory of the story or the characters. I only remember Lara because she's the main Character and even then she was incredibly boring.

UC as a whole is an entirely different league and I don't see that changing this year. what's more, the moneyhat probably did hit the franchise hard and on top of that we've heard next to nothing about it (not to mention it's cross gen which I find worse than the moneyhat)

So all in all, I can see why it's likely nowhere near any most anticipated lists (outside of personal ones).

I'll agree with you on the characters and story for sure, besides Lara which for me anyway I really liked. I thought she was very well voice acted and I liked what they did with her making her more natural looking. The supporting cast was garbage though you are right, they must fix that in the next game...less stereotypes please.

But the game was incredibly fun to play, I 1000/1000 on the 360 and Platinumed it on PS4. Not many games make me want to 100% them twice. (Granted its an easy plat but still :) )

Back on topic, Halo also being absent says something, I think it's just getting old like the rest of us.
While I have faith in 343 still, I think a lot of people lost a lot of it with the MCC. I only care about the campaign so that at least should be amazing.

These kind of stuff are largely dependent on the communities, I think.

Eg. If I go to Youtube and look at how many views Arkham Knight's reveal trailer got, it's a whopping 10 mil views. It takes 3 of the highest viewed Witcher 3 trailers to match that.

At that same note, the fact that 3 Witcher 3 trailers got over 3 million respectively, imo, kinda speaks strongly to the core. There's perhaps a sizable audience that's very passionate and excited about Witcher 3, whereas perhaps Arkham Knight is the one that will sell to casuals who may not even see any media of the game outside TV ads or the initial reveal.

By that same account, Uncharted 4's reveal trailer + 15 minutes gameplay reveal was viewed 7 million and 3.9 million times. That's impressive, considering that the number's not inflated by forced views or ad plays.

JNA

Banned
Jeez Witcher 3 is very hyped it seems.

Zelda...eh...after Skyward Sword, I'm a little skeptical.

Persona 5 ONLY at 9? THAT SHOULD BE 1 DAMN IT! XD

x-Lundz-x

I have to agree with the Buzz, it just doesn't feel the same. Then again we have seen zero campaign footage, that needs to happen and I bet the buzz will build back up.

But the game was incredibly fun to play, I 1000/1000 on the 360 and Platinumed it on PS4. Not many games make me want to 100% them twice. (Granted its an easy plat but still :) )

TR, imo, also suffered some amount of 'blow-back' by being a game released in 2013, aka the Year of TLoU, GTAV and to a lesser extent, Bioshock Infinite.

Bgamer90

Banned
Well what I mean is, it just doesn't feel like a new Halo coming out. Compare it to Hal 3, or Reach, or heck even Halo 4. The MCC certainly hasn't helped matters.

I have to agree with the Buzz, it just doesn't feel the same. Then again we have seen zero campaign footage, that needs to happen and I bet the buzz will build back up.

Like I said in my previous post, the series is older so it's going to be hard for it to have as much hype as previous entries (e.g.: Halo 3) during their time.

Game should get a lot of hype if the single player footage looks good enough. Expecting a large marketing budget for it too; Should definitely feel like a new Halo is coming after this year's E3.

What I'm more interested in is how MS will show off all of the XB1 current gen console exclusives they have. Second half of the year is looking pretty packed. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't push Forza Motorsport 6 that much (advertisements).

x-Lundz-x

TR, imo, also suffered some amount of 'blow-back' by being a game released in 2013, aka the Year of TLoU, GTAV and to a lesser extent, Bioshock Infinite.

My personal game of the generation last gen, loved it. I played it twice, and am going to do a 3rd run on my PS3 when I get through my current list I'm back logged on.

Still don't get the hate some of you guys have for it. Saddens me Irrational shut down, but hopefully that Bioshock looking game revealed at the playstation event really is Bioshock 4. I dont want the series to be dead.

What I'm more interested in is how MS will show off all of the XB1 current gen console exclusives they have. Second half of the year is looking pretty packed.

I'd say Fable is going to get the short-end of the stick, as far as their 'AAA' line-up goes.

As for the rest, it's actually not that starkly different from last year. If we re-direct their marketing pushes from :

- MCC => H5
- ACU => RotTR
- SSO => QB
- FH2 => FM6

I'd say there's room for one more 'big-push' on top of that. If we have a Gears Collection this year, I'd say either that or Fable will get that push.

As for the potentially smaller-scale titles, this is true for all the publishers, but Sony/MS hasn't had the most stellar record in giving a sizable marketing push for their smaller titles. D4, Dance Central, Kalimba, etc are MS examples of games published by them that's just 'out there as and when.' Sony has a slew of examples of such, like Doki Doki Universe, Counterspy and Hohokum.

Very true, and funnily enough I can see it once again getting outshined by UC4, QB, and maybe even The Order.

My personal game of the generation last gen, loved it. I played it twice, and am going to do a 3rd run on my PS3 when I get through my current list I'm back logged on.

Still don't get the hate some of you guys have for it. Saddens me Irrational shut down, but hopefully that Bioshock looking game revealed at the playstation event really is Bioshock 4. I dont want the series to be dead.

I liked BI, but let's be honest, among the trio of GotG Candidate, in terms of post-release re-evaluation, it's probably the game that has been perceived to have 'aged' the worst among the 3.

Not every game stand the test of time amongst the critics, and even fans. MGS4's a good example.

Gamezone

Gold Member
no Halo 5 surprising. 2 ps4 exclusives and 2 wii u exclusives. hmmm.

Halo 5 and Quantum Break should probably be on the list, but I think Microsoft is doing a poor marketing job with these games. So far we have no single player gameplay of Halo 5, and barely any news on Quantum Break as well. Games like Fable Legends could also hit the list, but it suffers from the same problem.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'd say Fable is going to get the short-end of the stick, as far as their 'AAA' line-up goes.

Haha, I keep forgetting about Fable (shows you how much I'm interested in it). Can't count how many times I've done it. But yeah, you might be right.

As for the rest, it's actually not that starkly different from last year. If we re-direct their marketing pushes from :

- MCC => H5
- ACU => RotTR
- SSO => QB
- FH2 => FM6

I'd say there's room for one more 'big-push' on top of that. If we have a Gears Collection this year, I'd say either that or Fable will get that push.

Good point.

As for the potentially smaller-scale titles, this is true for all the publishers, but Sony/MS hasn't had the most stellar record in giving a sizable marketing push for their smaller titles. D4, Dance Central, Kalimba, etc are MS examples of games published by them that's just 'out there as and when.' Sony has a slew of examples of such, like Doki Doki Universe, Counterspy and Hohokum.

Yeah, it's strange -- digital games are more popular than ever before but many of them aren't getting good pre-launch build ups. I could (unfortunately) see Ori not getting much attention by MS when it releases.

- MCC => H5
- ACU => RotTR
- SSO => QB
- FH2 => FM6

If all those games release after September at least one is gonna flop and it will likely be Quantum Break(unfortunate because it is the only one that appeals me to me outside of TR). Not sure why all those games would release in such a condensed window to compete with all the traditional multiplatform best-sellers. And you think another is a good idea? Quantum Break should be releasing this Spring where it has no real competition.

If all those games release after September at least one is gonna flop and it will likely be Quantum Break(unfortunate because it is the only one that appeals me to me outside of TR). Not sure why all those games would release in such a condensed window to compete with all the traditional multiplatform best-sellers. And you think another is a good idea? Quantum Break should be releasing this Spring where it has no real competition.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I'm saying MS can probably afford to squeeze in another in their marketing budget/TV ad buys/etc. Just barely.

(Not in a monetary sense, but in the sense that there's probably still enough advert space to cram in another)

I actually agree with this. Not in the sense that it will "flop", but if it was released pre-October, it would definitely sell considerably more copies than trying to go toe-to-toe with AC, CoD, Halo, etc. That was the nail in the coffin for Sunset. One of the best games released last year, but not enough people played it. I don't see Tomb Raider doing that well on XB1 either because of the console's low sales in mainland Europe.

Game4life

Banned
I liked BI, but let's be honest, among the trio of GotG Candidate, in terms of post-release re-evaluation, it's probably the game that has been perceived to have 'aged' the worst among the 3.

Not every game stand the test of time amongst the critics, and even fans. MGS4's a good example.

Does MGS4 have to win GOTY revote for the third time to prove you wrong :)

Same problem as with the GT staff list - Uncharted is too low and The Order is nowhere to be seen. Score one for the NeoGAF thread.

misho8723

Banned
I don't get all the hype the Witcher gets...finished Witcher 2 a couple of weeks ago, and it was the usual mmoesque quests with button-mash combat. The story was OK.
Number one for me has to be Zelda. Hopefully it will make it for 2015.

Ok, if you didn't liked the game, but you can't mean that serious.. MMOesque quests? This isn't a opinion, but it's a fact that they aren't that.. if you didn't find them interesting ok, but not one quest - doesn't matter if main or side - was like a quest in a typical MMO.. not one quest was a fetch quest - maybe the feather one, but even that one was original and funny atleast..
And the combat, if you did played on Hard or on a harder difficulty, you can't just mas buttons to win.. I don't think that you can do that even on Normal..

As for no Xbox exclusives on the list... Has Halo 5 even shown anything interesting? I can't recall... Maybe the multiplayer? But I figure showing of a portion of the campaign might be more effective.

Well, I guess you could say Witcher 3 is associated as an Xbox game? That should count for something.

Just like FFXV, MGSV, P5 and Arkham are pretty much PS4 games despite not being PS4 exclusives.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Like I said in my previous post, the series is older so it's going to be hard for it to have as much hype as previous entries (e.g.: Halo 3) during their time.
I don't buy this one. Zelda and MGS are even older franchises and they both did pretty good in this list.

seat

I really wish The Witcher and Arkham weren't coming out so close to each other. It's going to be tough managing my time.

Each pick features comments from the voters' posts all read by Brandon Jones.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...nity-s-top-ten-most-anticipated-games-of-2015

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Batman Arkham Knight
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
Persona 5
Xenoblade Chronicles X

8 PS4 games ( 2 exclusives)
4 XB1 games ( 0 exclusive)
3 PC games ( 0 exclusive)
2 WiiU games ( 2 exclusives)

Also that Persona 5 hype. Never thought I'd see the day where Persona becomes one of the most anticipated games on gametrailers.

bobawesome

Jeez Witcher 3 is very hyped it seems.

Zelda...eh...after Skyward Sword, I'm a little skeptical.

Persona 5 ONLY at 9? THAT SHOULD BE 1 DAMN IT! XD

That's what I'm saying. It's number 1 in our hearts, at least.

I didn't recognize you without your Sonia Nevermind avatar.

FluxWaveZ

I don't see how stating the obvious is being defensive but sure.

You haven't answered my question, for one. Instead, you went on about how more people own PS4s than Xbox Ones or something, despite you oriignally talking about how the GT community was not Xbox oriented. I wanted to know which community was, but instead you go on a tangent that had nothing to do with what I asked. You made it seem like you knew of community top 10s from other gaming communities that included Halo 5, so I wanted to know of them. So how does that not appear to be defensive?

I'm not at all familiar with the community at Gametrailers. I thought they were a lot more "mainstream".

Persona might not be as niche as you think it is. I would say it's currently on the level of Bloodborne and Xenoblade Chronicles X in terms of renown with enthusiasts.

Conduit

Banned
Each pick features comments from the voters' posts all read by Brandon Jones.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...nity-s-top-ten-most-anticipated-games-of-2015

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Batman Arkham Knight
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
Persona 5
Xenoblade Chronicles X

No Halo 5??? Odd.

Denton

Hah, GT has better taste than GAF confirmed :p

On serious note, nice list, even if I am only interested in few of these games. I wonder what is up with GT's video player though. Even set as HD the video quality is pure shit.

Top Bottom