• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Journalists stepped in to defend Sweet Baby Inc. after curator page went viral

Status
Not open for further replies.

00_Zer0

It took them long enough, but now they are on to Helldivers 2, of course. This filth knows no boundaries.

So much for the "two-sides" thing some people in this thread mentioned.

Online toxicity doesn't only go one way, public servers have always been like this. The only hope online games have is the ability to have private servers and even then the ban hammer must come down. It's not unique to just the LGBTQ+ communities. 13 yo's and immature human beings have always existed in online communities so Polycunts can GTFO with the victim mentality when all of us have experienced assholes online.

Last edited:

elementalnocturne

Neo Member
Shocking. Truly a sad state to see overt racism now in AAA games. Shame on anyone who didn't bring this quote up during their review.
No one posting that screenshot has actually played through the game to understand the context.

The character is having a mental breakdown at that very moment and her insecurities are taking over all of her thoughts. The game portrays the thoughts she’s having as bad and something to overcome. The character goes through the struggle and fights it off. It’s not as egregious as the out of context quote makes you believe.

I’m on board with this thread and opposed to DEI infecting gaming. People need to stop lumping Alan Wake 2 in with the likes of Spider-Man 2 and Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As for toxic online play, I don’t play online games much anymore and when I do I mute everyone except parties and friends.

But back in the day of Xbox 360 COD and NHL, it was smack talk city. One part hilarious, and sometimes when it gets to ya one part pissy. Hey we’re all human and sometimes you just want to smack talk back and win the next match. Looking back is it childish? Ya. But who cares. It’s fun and builds character.

Just because someone is pissing you off online, you don’t have to go running home to mommy to protect you. We’re all big boys playing games. You can handle it.

Gamestar is also hiding all critical comments under their tweets. This is so typical of the woke: they love to push their politic opinions any which way they can, but don't want to deal with the negative blowback.
They can dish it out, but they can’t take it. That’s called being a pussy.

Woggleman

I consider myself progressive in many ways but people like this are just insane They are more like the religious right than any liberalism I know. It is the same self righteousness, judgement ,vindictiveness towards those who don't toe the line and need for society to conform to their view that you see in holy rollers.

One thing I will say is that if this is Gamergate 2.0 gamers need to do a much better job controlling the narrative than they did last time. The PR job needs to be effective this time. Stand on principle but never resort to personal attacks.

RagnarokIV

As for toxic online play, I don’t play online games much anymore and when I do I mute everyone except parties and friends.

But back in the day of Xbox 360 COD and NHL, it was smack talk city. One part hilarious, and sometimes when it gets to ya one part pissy. Hey we’re all human and sometimes you just want to smack talk back and win the next match. Looking back is it childish? Ya. But who cares. It’s fun and builds character.

Just because someone is pissing you off online, you don’t have to go running home to mommy to protect you. We’re all big boys playing games. You can handle it.

I agree.

Nowadays I just have all voice/text communication with people blocked entirely at the system level. I just stick to playing with friends in the rare occasion I play online.

Allandor

We need a Steam curator listing these gaming bloggers (Calling these retards journalists is like calling some back alley drug dealer a pharmacist)
Always funny if people that brag about cancel culture want to cancel something...

So far the studio did nothing x directors etc didn't greenlight. So, were is the problem?

cormack12

Gold Member
It took them long enough, but now they are on to Helldivers 2, of course. This filth knows no boundaries.

So much for the "two-sides" thing some people in this thread mentioned.

tumblr_inline_pk0nflTf0O1smiv2g_500.png

StueyDuck

I consider myself progressive in many ways but people like this are just insane They are more like the religious right than any liberalism I know. It is the same self righteousness, judgement ,vindictiveness towards those who don't toe the line and need for society to conform to their view that you see in holy rollers.

One thing I will say is that if this is Gamergate 2.0 gamers need to do a much better job controlling the narrative than they did last time. The PR job needs to be effective this time. Stand on principle but never resort to personal attacks.
These sites are all going to die. They days are all numbered they arent making money, look at how desperate IGN is, 15 different "games showcase", tiktok style influencer videos, esports style shoutcasting, they are struggling and so are all the others. So the narrative won't be controlled by these idiots anymore.

Shut0wen

Is this the same company that worked with spiderman 2? Havnt played the game but atleast they noticed black arial was a problem in its self, i dont think people really see that the problem actually relys on the game companys for hiring these people, people need to realise that people involved in tech are all nerdy cucks

Lucumo

Jörg Langer is still based, I see. And he's a father of at least one daughter. You might be right about Lott (and he's also a father of a daughter) but I see him still in the lower end of the spectrum. Certainly not as fucking batshit crazy as the people at Sweet Baby or Schreier et al.
Personally, I wouldn't call it "based" but him more just being a normal, balanced human being...unlike other people who can't keep their head screwed on right. Not sure how aggressively Gunnar shouts his "beliefs" into the world, as I only ever listened to "Stay Forever" and read the comments. However, DDGing his Twatter, it definitely looks like he is 100% in a certain camp. He seems like he has intelligence but unfortunately not enough, or not enough instinct to notice that he is living in a box. From what it looks like, he pretty much reads US-controlled media (like Welt, Spiegel etc) and forms his opinions from there instead of from personal experience, universal truths and reflection. Though, the "personal experience" part is always tricky with people who mostly live on the internet or in some kind of workspace bubble. The normal worker type tends to be more grounded while people more removed from that (like journalists, people doing administrative work, career politicians etc) lack some connection to reality. (Although the "some" is too often not applicable anymore today, as some have lost all contact to reality.)

Regarding Anita:

GIGzqkAXAAAZFdp

This is the kind of people we're up against. They're just sad, really. You'd read about something like this in the weird section on page 21 of your local newspaper and go "huh, what a weirdo". Wouldn't give them a second glance in real life, so why would they deserve more online.

Absolute bottom of society-tier, accidentally given more power than they deserve thanks to an overly tolerant Western society.
And I always thought this was sad:

Screen_Shot_2018-03-07_at_11.59.11_AM.png

Hudo

Personally, I wouldn't call it "based" but him more just being a normal, balanced human being...unlike other people who can't keep their head screwed on right. Not sure how aggressively Gunnar shouts his "beliefs" into the world, as I only ever listened to "Stay Forever" and read the comments. However, DDGing his Twatter, it definitely looks like he is 100% in a certain camp. He seems like he has intelligence but unfortunately not enough, or not enough instinct to notice that he is living in a box. From what it looks like, he pretty much reads US-controlled media (like Welt, Spiegel etc) and forms his opinions from there instead of from personal experience, universal truths and reflection. Though, the "personal experience" part is always tricky with people who mostly live on the internet or in some kind of workspace bubble. The normal worker type tends to be more grounded while people more removed from that (like journalists, people doing administrative work, career politicians etc) lack some connection to reality. (Although the "some" is too often not applicable anymore today, as some have lost all contact to reality.)

Fair enough. I'd call Langer based on him finally being able to rescue Retro Gamer from the shackles of fucking Heise. One of the worst magazine publishers in existence. Those motherfuckers owe me 100€ and still try to gaslight me. Assholes.

Last edited:

proandrad

Anyone else think the bigger problem is that these companies even feel the need to hire a 3rd party like this. Almost as if the executives are actually pieces of shit so they assume the entire office is. Wonder how inclusive and diverse upper management is?

Sometimes I truly believe while we don't live in the worst dystopian future timeline, we live in the objectively dumbest fucking one where delusion runs amuck in media, news, etc, etc, etc, etc.
even as recently as the movie idiocracy, people've almost always foreseen a future made dumber from the bottom up. hardly anyone foresaw a future made dumber from the top down...

Nostalgia so hard I got whiplash.

Nostalgia so hard I got whiplash.

Kinda tangential but I think that's why nostalgia is so powerful these days. Cause the world is a funhouse mirror in current year and people subconsciously want to go back where shit made more sense. They either don't want to admit it or don't realize it, but they long for a world that was dictated by much more logical sense and this circus sideshow of delusions and solipsistic bullshit wasn't tolerated from the top and from the masses.

Last edited:
"An industry standard that's been normal for years"
Because up until now it's been safely swept under the rug. I've known about this shit for ages - frankly, ever since Feminist Frequency (which got 100s of thousands of annual tax dollars to play protection racket with game studios) popped up, there's been a contingent of gamers who have known for almost a decade. But "Sweet Baby Inc" is just the sort of name that makes relative normals raise an eyebrow. Especially now.
Not normal because anyone sane agrees with it.

You want examples of what the industry thinks is normal?

GLAAD, Sarkeesian Corp/FemFreq and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head not included.
Yes it was around the time Ubisoft had started using their dumb sensitivity disclaimer messages when this began. It was very obvious something was up and things got progressively worse. GAF and its history are also guilty but the way things have turned out maybe shows us that there can be positive change?

Lucumo

Fair enough. I'd call Langer based on him finally being able to rescue Retro Gamer from the shackles of fucking Heise. One of the worst magazine publishers in existence. Those motherfuckers owe me 100€ and still try to gaslight me. Assholes.
Hm, I don't know the story behind that and always bought my Retro Gamer physically from a store (stopped at some point though). Unfortunately, when I moved, I threw them all away (and they were in basically perfect condition too). Did they just not deliver to you?

Btw: I'm pretty sure one article mentioned Sony working together with Sega and learning stuff from them before they tried to work with Nintendo until they eventually did it on their own with the Playstation. However, for some reason, the cooperative work of Sony and Sega is never mentioned anywhere. I really wanted to look up that article again which makes it hurt doubly so that I just threw everything away.

Hudo

Did they just not deliver to you?
The very last issue of Retro Gamer that they published before killing the magazine and Langer deciding to publish it by himself, they mistakenly delivered one big-ass box of magazines of the same issue. Of course billing me appropriately (about 100€) and, after contacting their customer support each week over months, and after promises of paying me back etc... Nothing. Just nothing. And the worst part is that each time I've called the customer support, they acted like I've been calling them for the first time.

Langer also talked about how they demanded Retro Gamer to cut costs (fewer pages, cheaper paper).

midnightAI

Maybe I've been dumb up to this point, but why am I thinking that SBi and several other of these companies are all about money, pure greed? Snake oil salesmen disguised as 'inclusion', use our services or suffer the wrath of the media, of people of colour, LGBTQ+ etc. I wonder if they have cold callers almost threatening companies to try to get them to use their services.

Or maybe I'm just a cynic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom