• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gang Related - cop drama from the writer of Fast and The Furious - Thursdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

Pretty solid show I think. Very dark as well... I was quite shocked when in ep 3
the kidnappers shot the dad, mum, And their little kid

Pretty solid show I think. Very dark as well... I was quite shocked when in ep 3
the kidnappers shot the dad, mum, And their little kid

Yeah, that was fucked. Didn't see that happening.

But man, this shoes is almost like The Following, the violence and death feels so damn cheap. I can't really sympathize with any of these people.

I quit watching half way through the third episode and put on the series premiere of Graceland instead.

I dunno, there's something way off about Gang Related.

Mars477

Banned
It's too loose and consequence free with its violence. None of the gang are good enough to make me think that that the violence they use (against complete innocents) can even remotely be considered the justified act of anybody who is not a complete sociopath. Main dude (I don't even remember his name) comes off as a sociopath or an entitled little douche for not immediately turning around and wiping out his adopted family. The only people who are remotely human enough to even make an impact are Tae and Vee, and even they are pretty shallow characters.

Gibbo

Think im back in. Acting on this show is pretty good tbh. Writing is somewhat believable as well. The last episode was tense as fuck.

chris121580

I thought it was a little strange Carlos got over his dad killing his best friend so quickly. It was weird they didn't even refer to it the entire episode.

I thought it was a little strange Carlos got over his dad killing his best friend so quickly. It was weird they didn't even refer to it the entire episode.

I think that's the point of Carlos he's just a dumb ass hot head.

Basically he's there to cause trouble and fuck shit up for the family which ultimately cause their downfall.

Gibbo

Lawyer chick is going to get killed isnt she? Which will set John Locke on a violent path which ends in a confrontation with lopez

Ashhong

Why couldn't there be this kind of love and exposure for Southland back in the day :( that show is so much better than this has been so far...

Gibbo

Why couldn't there be this kind of love and exposure for Southland back in the day :( that show is so much better than this has been so far...

Erm its not getting alot of love from gaf as well. We are just 2 pages in. The show has developed a respectable following on fb though.

Gibbo

ok this show has just shot up to the top of my must watch list. Tonight's episode was fucking amazing. First 3/4 of the episode was pretty slow, but the pay off at the end was fantastic

Didn't know we had a thread for the show

Great so far. Really high quality compared to a lot of shows in their first season

Gibbo

Holy shit- did not see that ending coming at all. The heartbreak on Javier's face at the end at Lopez's betrayal was hard to watch. Cliff Curtis is really owning the role

sammich

I really like this show. It would suck if it got cancelled. When i first started watching the first thing that came to me was this should be on HBO or something. They cant show the violence or swearing or anything of that nature. Well, the crazy violence really surprised me and dont really care about the swearing as much considering what else is going on.

That last twist really got me though. But for some reason after seeing the preview it seems that in the end Ryan pretty much saves his life by putting him in jail and keeping him safe there.

Really hope it doesnt get cancelled.

What do you mean? I didn't see many options for him, or do you mean he should of saw IA coming sooner and should of anticipated them wire tapping him?

Was an initial reaction, made more sense after thinking about it, either way I don't see Ryan living after what he pulled, he'll I half expect everyone to die if the show doesn't end in a cliffhanger

chris121580

I really like this show. It would suck if it got cancelled. When i first started watching the first thing that came to me was this should be on HBO or something. They cant show the violence or swearing or anything of that nature. Well, the crazy violence really surprised me and dont really care about the swearing as much considering what else is going on.

That last twist really got me though. But for some reason after seeing the preview it seems that in the end Ryan pretty much saves his life by putting him in jail and keeping him safe there.

Really hope it doesnt get cancelled.

Totally agree. The show keeps you on the edge of your seat at all times especially when it comes to Ryan not getting found out

Mindlog

Just caught up after missing the past few weeks.

Nice. Didn't know this show was on the cancellation bubble. That's terrifying.

sarcastor

i was thinking to myself how are they gonna keep Ryan hidden for multiple seasons.

I guess they won't have that problem anymore :(

chief's daughter is soooo gonna die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom