• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay bar bans bachelorette parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I went to a gay bar once. Not a single female was in there >_< Maybe I went to the wrong one, lol

I've been to a handful and only once did I ever see a girl whom I considered particularly attractive.

Of course, she was there with her girlfriend so that was a no-go.

I see where they are coming from. Still it seems a bit silly to punish those who likely support the gay community and their struggle for equal rights.

I went to a gay bar once. Not a single female was in there >_< Maybe I went to the wrong one, lol

Yeah I went to a gay bar in San Fran (Stud maybe?).....certainly not what I expected.

soultron

Banned

I always felt weird whenever a female friend would ask me to come to a gay bar. I'd always have fun (thanks, dudes!) but whenever it came to other women in there, I always felt uncomfortable talking to them because they'd assume I was gay, and then if they believed me when I told them I wasn't, they'd usually pull the whole "You're disgusting, coming into a safe haven and trolling for girls!"

I had a better time talking to the men in there, FFS.

On the subject in the OP, however, good for him. With all of the public/celebrity support happening, it's definitely an advantageous time to do something like this. I'm sure women will still go there and have their bachelorette parties, just on the downlow, however.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I understand what you're saying and am entirely on your side with this.

From what I've heard, women really need a bar to go to where they won't get creeped on; at least in Raleigh. Gay bars are the universal choice for these sorts of events.

Question to GA(y)Fers: Do you tire of large groups of straight women at these clubs?

One of my favorite bars became a lesbian bar at some point last year. It become increasingly awkward to buy girls drinks to initiate conversation and I gave up that bar entirely.
What kind of conversation would that lead to? Dating advice? Sex tips? Actually, you might have been on to something.

Maybe they thought the bachelorette parties were irritating and this was a good excuse. Because there's no ban for bachelor parties, straight or gay. There's no rule against a gay bachelor party for someone who's getting married out of state. That might come off like a slap in the face to the people that aren't able to take that option. A turkey slap, if you will.

I've been to The Abbey once. There are definitely hot girls there, but it's WeHo so no surprises. Apparently girls like to go to gay bars because they won't get bothered.

By the way, i got a vague idea idea of how girls feel at a regular club. Walking past the dance floor, i kept expecting to get my junk grabbed, but no one did anything like that, very respectful. My buddy did get hit on by some gay dude in the parking lot. Also, some Persian dude was trying to date rape a wasted girl behind the trash dumpsters when we went to take a piss. He probably finished the job later.

I miss WeHo, been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom