• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA VC on Wii U starting April 3rd

First time playing Fusion (was also a Super Metroid newbie until that came to Wii U VC) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Only issue would be the hand holding and one minor quibble: where is the item pickup "jingle"? I love that sound, sad to see it missing.

Seems like a no brainer that we'll see Zero Mission as well.

terrisus

I can see myself buying Advance Wars on the Virtual Console. I really liked Fire Emblem Awakening, so it would only make sense to buy another game in the genre.

They're not in the same genre though.

They have similarities, yes.
But one is a Strategy RPG (SRPG), while the other is just a plain ordinary Strategy game, without any RPG stats or such.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or are they really dark? Looking at the screenshots and videos, I'm not sure I want to drop $8 on those...

Yuripaw

Banned
Just got the 2 GBA games from today. Never played this Kirby game before, it seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure what the deal is with all the extra Kirbys following me are, lol. These games are easy enough, I don't need their help.

Berordn

Just got the 2 GBA games from today. Never played this Kirby game before, it seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure what the deal is with all the extra Kirbys following me are, lol. These games are easy enough, I don't need their help.

The world is designed with puzzles and branching paths that make use of the extra Kirbies. Bosses and sub-bosses have much more health to compensate for them too.

oatmeal

Banned
Annnnnnnd I've now put in 20 hours into AW.

It's the second most played game on my Wii U.

I have no idea how it happened, but I haven't been this addicted to a game in forever. Literally play from like 11-2am every day and regret it the next morning when I'm up at 7.

At the last fight and probably going to lose so I'll need to try again, but holy crap the game (to this point) is addicting.

ohlawd

I'm really glad you can skip the attack animations for AW. They take way too long.

Fog of War tho. I know I know I keep complaining but they destroy my enjoyment of the game. I don't even mind it in FE but in AW, no holds barred, man.

AdanVC

Oh my God, WarioWare is still the best game.

Downloading it as soon as I get home! One of my favorite GBA games. Hope Nintendo can release Wario Ware: Twisted on VC as well. The Gamepad has gyro sensor and it could easily do all the crazy motion stuff that game has.

The world is designed with puzzles and branching paths that make use of the extra Kirbies. Bosses and sub-bosses have much more health to compensate for them too.
I think it only gives the bosses a health multiplier if you're playing with humans which can't be done on the VC (btw, the game lags like crazy if you all decide to head off in different directions as I think it was the summer games done quick speedrun demonstrates). Or maybe that is just in addition to...

Boney

Banned
I'm really glad you can skip the attack animations for AW. They take way too long.

Fog of War tho. I know I know I keep complaining but they destroy my enjoyment of the game. I don't even mind it in FE but in AW, no holds barred, man.
Gotta get them recons dude

Berordn

I think it only gives the bosses a health multiplier if you're playing with humans which can't be done on the VC

It's been a while since I've been able to play it multi and compare, but I remember the bosses taking more hits to kill than in most other Kirby games. Could just be bad memory!

Still kind of weird that this is what they picked for VC, of all the games. It's kinda gimped without the MP option.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's too soon to really get uppity about it, but I REALLY hope they release Advance Wars 2 at some point. The CO settings are way better than AW1, and I'd love to rock some big screen multiplayer with friends.

StayDead

Fog of War imo in Advance Wars is as important as it is in any other RTS. Multiplayer especially. It just adds far too much than it takes away.

Boney

Banned
I just did Naval Clash and they only gave me one Recon >_>
No bases either.
Use them submarines dude!

It'll probably click if you decide to revisit the series.

I do find it less annoying than FE though because a mistake is not gonna end up with you reseting

Just beat SS again for the third time and everything holds up except the progression. The game is one fetch quest after the other and has pacing issues.

And i cant wait for AW2 to drop. I guess i never really paid attention to the campaign of AW1 but lord is it terrible. So many battles fought to "test" the player. Dawg this is war. Lives are at stakes.

Advance wars 2 is the superior game in every regard. Love the shit outta the game's campaign and what it did with the co powers.

elektrixx

Banned
I played WarioWare last night. It's my first GBA game on Wii U. Graphics are nice but compressed audio (or whatever that is) doesn't hold up well.

Top Bottom