• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GCW Zero - new retrogaming open source handheld!

Reclaimer

Pledged on Jan 13th, 2013.

No ship date, no info pertaining to when my unit might go out.

I'm guessing that these aren't actually going out in order of pledge date??

Pledged on the 15th myself.

I wouldn't necessarily expect to get it yet since I'm in Australia so even the best delivery from the US can take up to 12 days if its sent after close of shipping on a Friday afternoon in America.

Haven't got any tracking information either.

Not really overly concerned just posting as another sample.

Jan. 18th here... and nothing of course...

Not necessarily concerned at this point (what would be the point of getting pissed about it, really?), but I'm rather unimpressed with Justin and his endless obfuscation and self-proclaimed victim-hood. Just bite the bullet and get it done already.

LordAlu

Anyone got theirs in the last weeks or so....gone very quiet
"Gone very quiet" appears to be the "in" thing with this device. I've heard not a peep nor received anything. Just a simple paragraph-long update each week with progress on units shipped would at least help. :(

I finally started to set mine up last night, but there's like absolutely no support material for this thing. If you haven't used a Dingoo and followed this fork and all its own peculiarities, you're SOL. I can't even figure out how to change the goddamn volume.

Awakened

You hold the power slider up and press up or down on the dpad to change volume. I read that somewhere on Dingoonity; no sign of my system yet.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Got my shipping confirmation!

To be honest I don't think there's an order. Everybody paid on the same day when the Kickstarter ended, and there's probably no way to tell when someone pledged (since people can still change their tiers around and such).

krae_man

Yeah it's not very consumer friendly. You also need to use FTP to put anything on the internal memory since your PC won't recognize it.

You do need to read up on things. See my above posts where I was trying to get Neo Geo, Duke Nukem and FBA working.

pje122

Yeah, I got that e-mail too, which is interesting considering when I funded the project.
Let's hope the thread gets updated with some tutorials and guides soon.

It's the same with the Dingoo, but it's a very bad design, and not anything that someone should have to "get used to."

Yeah dont really know if its due to all emulators having different volume settings or why it has to be like this. Or just because the A320 didnt have a volume slider they kept it like that for this device too so most software would be compatible out of the box. Dunno.

GCW GET!

10057217154_c449dea5bc_z.jpg

Got mine the other day, and I have a second (white one) to be delivered this evening.

Put some good stuff on it too, I LOVE how light it is. Going to do a review this weekend.

GCW GET!

10057217154_c449dea5bc_z.jpg

Got mine the other day, and I have a second (white one) to be delivered this evening.

Put some good stuff on it too, I LOVE how light it is. Going to do a review this weekend.

Lucky, how hard is it to put roms and emus on this thing, been kind of spoiled by Android lately.

sörine

Banned
Lucky, how hard is it to put roms and emus on this thing, been kind of spoiled by Android lately.
Super easy if you use a microsd card. Just create an apps folder on your card then drag and drop the emulators into it, create other folders for the roms and do the same. I haven't tried anything more complicated like FBA or MAME though, just the 8 and 16-bit consoles and handhelds.

If you want to use internal memory you'll have to use a ftp client to transfer directly.

Pretty easy, use a usb and a ftp server tool like FileZilla Client.

Im gonna make a little review today, found a nice site with all the opk's takes a little searching on the dingoonity fourms.

BTW for you MMX fans, X2 and X3 won't run on PoketSNES. I use snes9x4d.

Harteex

Even though you said there is no screen protector on the black one, check extra carefully as there might still be one (and it might be the screen protector that's scratched). I had a similar issue with mine before someone told me to remove the screen protector, so they can be a bit hard to see... but check in the corners if there is one you can take off.

EDIT:
Also, you can adjust the volume from anywhere by holding power and pressing up/down on the dpad.

Even though you said there is no screen protector on the black one, check extra carefully as there might still be one (and it might be the screen protector that's scratched). I had a similar issue with mine before someone told me to remove the screen protector, so they can be a bit hard to see... but check in the corners if there is one you can take off.

EDIT:
Also, you can adjust the volume from anywhere by holding power and pressing up/down on the dpad.

Oh wow. I need to add this to my video. BOTH were true.

krae_man

I took mine on a bus trip this weekend. Played Simpsons Arcade Game, Wrestlefest, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and Super Star Wars. The last level of Super Star Wars was broken so I couldn't beat it which was a downer but the rest of the game played great.

Had a blast.

SaiyanRaoh

Does anyone know of an online store based in the US that does overnight shipping? I want to pick one up before the weekend.
Ithic doesn't seem to have an option besides free shipping.

Top Bottom